It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Astronomer from Pasto Colombia Captures UFO Calls out for NASA!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The thing is, they dont give a bleep about us, we're merely batterys generating money for them at the moment and supporting the system which will I guess eventually not be needed anymore, once they have everything in pllace (they being the new world order

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by Drzava

That is so true... think about how much better off we would be if the US could just embrace the idea of ETs, rather than trying to protect its people for factual knowledge. the latter will just end up causing more problems.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is a very interesting video indeed. Makes such a nice change from the recent flood of youtube rubbish.

The object looks very large indeed, so I was wondering if anyone knows any way of calculating size based on a suggestion that it was in the upper atmosphere?

If NASA do help him out, I doubt they'll make it public, and they'll probably try to get him to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement, so unfortunately, I have the feeling that we'll never get to the bottom of this.

Still, the video has put on thought into my mind, which is nagging me, despite my belief in ET's and UFO's:

Why on earth do they just bob about so much? Think about planes - they are going somewhere - so are helicopters - following a fixed course most of the time.

Are they shouting 'look at me, look at me?'

It's bugging me at this early hour - 6.50am in the UK.

Still - flagged!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Why on earth do they just bob about so much? Think about planes - they are going somewhere - so are helicopters - following a fixed course most of the time.

You are assuming that these objects adhere to normal physics. There are many reasons they bob so much. If they are operating in there own field of gravity, that may pose a problem whe operating at a low rate of speed. Kinda like when a Huge engine idles at low RPM's. That's just one of the many feasible possibilities. You will find that this issue has been discussed here on ATS before. Remember the Search engine is your friend

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thanks Kleverone.

I was just kinda thinking out loud, if you know what I mean?

I'm not concentrating too much this morning because there's been an 11 year kid shot dead just up the road from me and I'm watching the news as well.

Sorry to go off topic, just wanted to put this morning's mindset in context.

link   
great find my friend
flagged....hope to get more info on this soon...il def be keeping my eye on it...

and in reply to those saying why do ufo's just bob about and why is it moving like that....i dont claim that this is an alein craft of intellegent beings...but if it was wouldnt it be a possabilty that the reason they seem to move the way they do is because there moving so fast...i wouldnt compare them to planes and things because in my opinion...a ufo from advanced beings would be doing intersteller travel...wich would mean they have to go fast...so maybe thats just there perogative...go fast...get the job done? lol that may be one explanation as to why they appear to move the way they do...any way once again great find...l

edit; just read what klevone one posted lol...what he said...

[edit on 23-8-2007 by future flow]

link   
Agreed, this is a welcome change from the hoax Haiti video... I'm glad my first post is in this thread.

I also agree that NASA won't publicly get excited about this kind of video. It always is explained as some naturally occurring phenomenon isn't it? (Although I would consider an ETV a type of naturally ocurring phenomenon)

Why was the object moving around so fast? Student driver perhaps?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
increible, amazing, this shows how mess up amerika is, thay lie all the time, in other countries ufo is an open topic in tv radio etc, now nasa is gonna take over the telescope and lie to us

*snip* nasa!!!!

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

What are you talking about? Some of the most intelligent and high profile individuals in the disclosure field are from AMERICA. I for one have a great thread here that goes into some basic information to prove what I am saying. Almost any day in AMERICA you can turn on the TV and watch documentaries and programs on Ufology.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike76

What you are seeing are time-lapse stills that have been put together in a sort of animation. The object was certainly not bouncing around at that speed--this could well be the full hour or so's worth of stills they took of the object, condensed to a few seconds.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I highly doubt a video camera was used, or even could have been possible to use on such a telescope with any decent result.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

Originally posted by mike76

I'm no expert on the subject, but I highly doubt a video camera was used, or even could have been possible to use on such a telescope with any decent result.

Ofcourse they didn't use a video camera, they use telescopes hooked on a computer, they use the computer to navigate the scope and record images on demand.

I think this authentic cause i've seen the interstellar pictures wich looks a lot like this. I've also compared images from satellites like the ISS with these interstellar pics.. They look alike but if you look closely and sharpen the images in PS or something, you will see that the interstellar pictures look a lot bigger then the ISS. This is the same with this footage.

We live in very interesting times!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Not dissing the guys credentials but firstly, I hear commentary in a language I don't speak so am reliant on translation and secondly we know very little of the footage itself.

I mean how many frames were shot and how many frames did not have the object in it, if any? Its kind of intriguing but essentially all we have is a light in the sky. I am not conversant with much aeronautically but is it possible that a helicopter or some-such was circling in a search mission or something? I know the guy says it was a high altitude object but really I think we should always want more than an observers opinion. There should be input from the scope and camera manufacturers at least.

Are they monochrome pictures? Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain some spectroscopic information from the originals? Might help a bit!!

It is intriguing but you would have thought that something would have been heard in two months!!

So if the info is correct and it is an unidentified object flying in our upper airspace then 'tis a UFO but that's all. It's no evidence of an alien invasion or an intergalatic tourist trade

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by something smells
Not dissing the guys credentials but firstly, I hear commentary in a language I don't speak so am reliant on translation and secondly we know very little of the footage itself.

I mean how many frames were shot and how many frames did not have the object in it, if any? Its kind of intriguing but essentially all we have is a light in the sky. I am not conversant with much aeronautically but is it possible that a helicopter or some-such was circling in a search mission or something? I know the guy says it was a high altitude object but really I think we should always want more than an observers opinion. There should be input from the scope and camera manufacturers at least.

Are they monochrome pictures? Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain some spectroscopic information from the originals? Might help a bit!!

It is intriguing but you would have thought that something would have been heard in two months!!

So if the info is correct and it is an unidentified object flying in our upper airspace then 'tis a UFO but that's all. It's no evidence of an alien invasion or an intergalatic tourist trade

As posted above, they work with a high attitude scope. So ANYTHING and i really mean ANYTHING that is in our skies will be blurry like a oil spot.

So it MUST be in space. The only explaination i've got it's either a space station or an alien craft. Or a ice particle ofcourse

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It was the Vulcans on a survey mission of the local space. They've no interest in Earth -- too primitive.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yes a excellent find OP. UFO sightings in space are always interesting and very exciting. There aren't as many explanations to give as there are in our earths atmosphere, especially when the object is moving. A credible witness too, will look forward to catching up with this thread tonight.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by something smells
I know the guy says it was a high altitude object but really I think we should always want more than an observers opinion. There should be input from the scope and camera manufacturers at least.

If this guy is operating a telescope of this magnitude, I'd venture to say he'd know the difference of something up close and something distant.

It's like taking your car to the mechanic and he tells you you've got a cracked head-gasket. Would you want to check with the car manufacturer to make sure he might not be mistaken?

Just as the mechanic should know, I'm sure the operator of this telescope is properly trained to give an informed opinion of the object.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And as I said,

If the object was indeed in our athmosphere it would appear like a big smudged out thingy.

-PureET

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
And as I said,

If the object was indeed in our athmosphere it would appear like a big smudged out thingy.

-PureET

Well, it is smudged. There's very little detail about the object itself other than it's obvious movement. If it's in Earth's upper atmosphere then it is rather large to appear as it does in those still photographs. If it is located farther out into space then it is even larger. As it seems from the animated stills it is pretty big regardless of whether it is in our upper atmosphere or farther out into space. I've seen photos of satellites and the IST taken by amateur astronomers and those objects appear to be rather small in comparison to Quijano's object. Sometimes they're just a point of light and sometimes they're streaks. Anyway, whatever object Alberto Quijano and his team captured footage of for an hour it seems to be pretty big given the distance he approximated. I wonder what the amount of distance it traveled during that time, though.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Very Interesting Video!

Why haven't there been any follow up press releases summerizing NASAs take on it?

A lot of people seem to be saying "ice" as a possibility. This confuses me. Ice where? In space? Moving like this anomoly does?

And yes, this isn't a spastic ufo the video shows time lapse/sped up film so the movements of the object become clear.

I like the idea of contacting Meade..the telescopes manufactureer and getting an opinion on whether this could be a technical glitch or malfunction.

Lastly...this is more of a dissapointment...I have gotten the impression from reading various astronomy articles that it is standard protocol to call other observatories and/or astronomers when you see something unusual for the sake of independant verification.

These guys had an entire hour to call anyone or everyone with a telescope and say take a look at coordinates x,y or constellation x and tell me what you see. This would have immediately offered independant verification and excluded a technical glitch. They should have called in other observatories, even amatuer astronomers.

I hope to see this go somewhere.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

The ice particles are a re-occuring joke from the tether incident.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
NASA will never admit to the E.T's even Buzz Aldrin took back what he said on Apollo 11

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
OK folks yes i think this was stills taken and put it in animated GIF.

You can learn more about telescope instruments in here:

www.cloudynights.com... they are a very wonderfull people. its very well know respected astronomy site and forum that discuss everythig from equipment reviews..to astronomy dates. You can learn more if you want.

About the camera...in this video they show a camera plug in to the telescope and i think it's like I said a DSI..a low budget CCD camera---you canlearn the specifics in this page:

www.meade.com... ...of course this are low budget cameras...specially made for Deep space imagening for amateurs, comes in 3 flavors, DSI 1 color Shot (takes images in color already), DSI Pro that takes images in monochrome and adding a filter color wheel you can make color shots...and DSI 2 Color shot and Monochrome (bigger chip..better sensitivity), there are better cameras like SBIG ones, TRiffid, Yankee Robotics and so on that are high in price because have bigger CCD chips and autoguiders and so on.

The telescope in the video (or show in the observatory) is from the family of the LX-200, here is the specifics if someone wants to learn more:
www.meade.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join