It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

beyond science, beyond religion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
strange how no one will answer this thread but continue to post on several other threads that either propose a "pro or con" to the false dichotomy.

atheism and christianity are two sides of the same coin, and the name of this coin is "limited view of reality".

No - I don't buy that. Religion is simply a form of organised superstition, with no credible evidence to back itself up with. I may believe in Santa Claus - but it doesn't make him real...

But without science we'd still be sitting around in caves gnawing on bones....

J.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

But without science we'd still be sitting around in caves gnawing on bones....

[edit on 24-8-2007 by jimbo999]

true. with science it only took thousands of years to get over that. with a more spiritually advanced interpretation of science it would have taken 10 years, not ten thousand.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
true. with science it only took thousands of years to get over that. with a more spiritually advanced interpretation of science it would have taken 10 years, not ten thousand.

now here's what you're doing here... making a ridiculous claim that you could never back up. now how would a "spiritually advanced interpretation of science" take shorter than a completely nontheistic one?

looking clearly at history it's obvious that spirituality has inhibited science at every turn. new age mystics push bogus science and flashy jargon words to sell their spirituality in the modern age and in the olden ages we had that same stuff pushed on the population in india... and in the west we had the church supressing science...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
looking clearly at history it's obvious that spirituality has inhibited science at every turn. new age mystics push bogus science and flashy jargon words to sell their spirituality in the modern age and in the olden ages we had that same stuff pushed on the population in india... and in the west we had the church supressing science...

what you are calling "spirituality", I call religion and I agree that religion has slowed everything down. but I am also saying that the antithesis of religion...SCIENCE....is only so much better and itself rather slow. all in all I dont see civilisation as that intelligent and mature and advanced...due to some kind of conspiracy of "limited thinking". My view would be an integral one, integrating all religion, philosophy and science that shows good fruits, and dismissing anything that hasnt worked after thousands of years of trial and error.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
active ATS-thread titles which promote the massive waste of energy/time/attention with the religion vs. science/atheism struggle:

"jesus did exist, face it!"

"how can you honestly believe in God"

"how can you not believe in god"

"satan is not lucifer"

None of the two fighting parties involved ever seem to grow either beyond their religion or beyond their atheism into true, deep spirituality, open-mindedness, research and self-responsibility.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
active ATS threads:

"jesus did exist, face it!"

an utter waste of time. wether jesus existed or not doesnt matter. what matters is the love found within.

"how can you honestly believe in God"

more waste of time. any semi-intellient being acknowledges the possibility of the existence of a supreme being.

"how can you not believe in god"

more waste of time. any semi-intellient being acknowledges the possibility that a supreme being might not exist.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Another active ATS thread with the very same vibe:

"Creation vs. Evolution Debate".

And to all the science/atheism minded people showing up here:

I wholeheartedly see that what as interpreted and taught in conventional schooling as "science" is a belief-system limited in scope and context and imposes laws, doctrines and limitations such as religion does.

Fortunately "science" is not quite as bad as other religions, but its still a belief-system diverting the masses from unlimited, infinite being.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
who has ever practiced meditation up to zero-point, up to awareness of infinity?

if you have ever done that debates like "creationism vs. evolution" or "God vs. Big Bang" become totally obsolete.

Infinity WAS, IS and always WILL be. There is no beginning (God, Big Bang) and no End. Infinity contains everything and more, nothing and something. Any conceivable variation of reality or parallel universe or dimension or planet or world or scenario does exist...and much more than that. Was there a big bang? yeah, sure. does god exist? yeah sure. but in a nearly non-conceptual, non-dual state of mind it is all apparent, the whole puzzle comes together: it ALL exists and ALL parts of the debate are right.

The intellect trying to grasp this is like a cat chasing its tale.

The truth is something one can feel/sense/experience. And after that things are much more fascinating and fun.

Most discussion on "right vs. wrong" "christian vs. atheist" are dead. they reach no conclusion, go in circles, and are extremely repetitive. rather than "being right" and "making others wrong" I suggest meditation and ecstasy.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Opinion Piece

Religion = Level 4 belief-system

Science = Level 5 belief-system

Spirituality = Level 6 belief system

Religion = realm of the slave, fear-driven, animal-instinct

Science = realm of the mind, reason-driven, robototic, mechanical

Spirituality = realm of the spirit, joy-driven, causality.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join