It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens or no aliens; what scares you more?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
i here ppl talking about the government hideing top secret information,and how other ppl make up stuff to get others scared.I think there is top secret information being hidden so it doesn't scare every one.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
No aliens scares me more. When we eventually wiped the human race out, would the universe even still exist? There would be no one to know about it so what would be the point in it!? It's a bit mind boggling.

And saying that aliens can't be hostile or else they would have destroyed us now isn't true. The universe is a big place and if a hostile alien race are half way across the universe i'm sure they don't think "right our first priority is to go and let planet earth know that we're here!"

They might just not have found us yet or decided not to do anything to us.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
my initial question was the simple 'what scares you more...' but feel free to talk about whether you believe in aliens or not. I do believe in aliens but if we were alone and we wiped eachother out there would be no-one to miss us and no-one one would miss, but still the universe would be pointless and much less beautiful.
i liked the idea that if all life was gone the universe would cease to exist, it's a bit like the 'if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?' question

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
aliens scare me. I've played Half Life 2 too much.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Dang...

My only two options are :

1.) Aliens are visiting us, or
2.) We are all alone in the universe.

Well, then I'll pick
3.) There is other intelligent life in the Universe, but they have not visited us.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think that the idea of no other life in the universe, while being incredibly improbable, would truly scare me more. If the best that the universe/god/evolution/insert alt. theory here can do is us it's a pretty sad one to be a part of. No, I'm always this negative

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
Or the fact that life is unique to earth and that once we die out or destroy the earth through global warming or nuclear wars... the whole universe will be empty and will just consist or rock floating round stars?

If that were the fact, then that is terrorfying(

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join