It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens or no aliens; what scares you more?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What woud scare you more, the fact that aliens are out there and could possibly reach earth and could possibly be hostile?

Or the fact that life is unique to earth and that once we die out or destroy the earth through global warming or nuclear wars... the whole universe will be empty and will just consist or rock floating round stars?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Jesus...whoever thinks we are the only lifeform in the universe....its almost sad. Of the billions and billions and trillions of solar systems and galaxies, "God"
decided to put all creatures on a tiny planet? Now tell me, what sounds more likely?

And also, aliens do not equate to hostility. Everyone seems to think that...why? Hollywood!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I a very confident that aliens exist, and i am sure most of them are hostile. I assume plenty here also feel that way. Races seem to create alliances with others just for there benefit, so i assume that we already have a side.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Id say no aliens scares me more well not so much scares as makes me wonder what the f8ck is up with every1 making up all these stories and hoaxes having to do with aliens. How screwed up would every1 have to be to do this? Even ufo's what the heck would they be just our government giving us a good scare for some unknown reason? Or are they just trying to distract us from a more screwed up truth?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I a very confident that aliens exist, and i am sure most of them are hostile. I assume plenty here also feel that way. Races seem to create alliances with others just for there benefit, so i assume that we already have a side.

If they were hostile, wouldnt we know about it?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If they were good wouldnt we know about it to? They seem to like us not knowing who and what they are and that doesnt sound ''good'' to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
If they were good wouldnt we know about it to? They seem to like us not knowing who and what they are and that doesnt sound ''good'' to me.

Cant be any worse than us. If we dont destroy ourselves, I hope the aliens do, so we go out in style. But I reiterate, I think they are benevolent. Independence day shouldnt influence anyones opinions of aliens.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras

How do you not know they just do not get us to fight each other. How do you know that they are the reason, we fight all these big wars. No one knows, but through advanced technology, probably even 1 advanced alien on earth could dictate world affairs, without the governments knowing it.

If you travel outside 3d reality, surely you exist outside of time, so they could probably go back and forth how they liked.

Just because you do not see an overt hand, in affairs with you five senses, does not mean they are not there, with respect to your above quote about, how we would know if they are hostile.

Cant be any worse than us. If we dont destroy ourselves, I hope the aliens do, so we go out in style. But I reiterate, I think they are benevolent. Independence day shouldnt influence anyones opinions of aliens.

remember like i said above, if they were truely hostile they could make man destroy themselves, without much problems, they would not need to fire one weapon against us, they could make us do it to ourselfs.

Alot here think to much in terms of we operate, but advancements in technology mean that they could do things we could only dream about, and not even dream about.

[edit on 8/5/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

How do you not know they just do not get us to fight each other. How do you know that they are the reason, we fight all these big wars. No one knows, but through advanced technology, probably even 1 advanced alien on earth could dictate world affairs, without the governments knowing it.

If you travel outside 3d reality, surely you exist outside of time, so they could probably go back and forth how they liked.

Just because you do not see an overt hand, in affairs with you five senses, does not mean they are not there, with respect to your above quote about, how we would know if they are hostile.

In regards to everything you said, how do YOU not know they dont do the opposite. You dont. But at this point in history and time, Im right, because we've yet to see any hostility, except from our own government (shooting at the things)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What am i the most scared of ?

Plain & Simple:
Secrecy

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No Aliens Would WAYYYYYYYY Scare Me More Because Of Open Minds Theory (The explenation of Ghosts, Monsters And UFO's) There Would Be No Us.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There's a big difference between:

Aliens existing, vs sentient beings, vs Space faring aliens, vs lifeforms.

There are most likely other organisms out there, but few sentient beings and few still (if any) spacefaring aliens.

By conservative calculations there are less than one sentient alien life forms that can send out energy to communicate, per galaxy. Maybe one communicator per 10 or per 100 galaxies.

There may be a few sentient civs per Galaxy that can passively listen (like Earth), but are not spacefaring (or confined to their near Space, or solar system.

There are probably less than one civilization per galaxy that could be labeled 'spacefaring' (or approximately Type II).

Probably is one or less than one civilization in the whole Universe that has enabled intergalactic travel (similar to Type III).

There could be thousands of sentient or near-sentient civilizations that never leave their home planet, per galaxy, but we'll probably never know about them (all being passive communicators, if that).

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think the question should have been - what scares you more, that the aliens are real aliens or that the aliens are the creation of an advanced secret military project, (or both)? I'm actually on the fence about this but I'm slightly leaning towards the latter and I think it's a bit more scary.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
What woud scare you more, the fact that aliens are out there and could possibly reach earth and could possibly be hostile?

Or the fact that life is unique to earth and that once we die out or destroy the earth through global warming or nuclear wars... the whole universe will be empty and will just consist or rock floating round stars?

I don't believe there is anything to fear...Why fear? Surely if hostile Et's existed...They would have plundered us a long time ago. And although there is no 100% proof of other Et's...I think it's absurd to think that we as a race are the sole owners of the entire galaxy. If i was a betting man i would definitely put my money on other life forms existing all over the galaxy.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I think the question should have been - what scares you more, that the aliens are real aliens or that the aliens are the creation of an advanced secret military project, (or both)? I'm actually on the fence about this but I'm slightly leaning towards the latter and I think it's a bit more scary.

I'm beginning to also think that most of the phenomenon is man made...Still it makes you think where the technology came from...The earliest ufo blue prints I've came across are the Nazi ones..Where did they get the idea? Endless questions.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And also, aliens do not equate to hostility. Everyone seems to think that...why? Hollywood!

Why? I just find the overwhelming evidence for hostility in how they treat the people they abduct, though i don't know if I'd say i believe them to be Aliens, probably extra-dimensional beings.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tibris
Why? I just find the overwhelming evidence for hostility in how they treat the people they abduct, though i don't know if I'd say i believe them to be Aliens, probably extra-dimensional beings.

And you don't consider extra-dimensional beings 'aliens'?

If you're just basing your 'evidence' of their hostility on abduction stories and testimonies, don't we (humans) look hostile to all creatures and species we study and even try to save when they are becoming extinct?

We go into their habitats, (drug and) capture them, put them in cages or tanks, and have them mate with others so the species can perpetuate. Surely we must look hostile to the creatures even though are intentions are noble.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76

Originally posted by open mind

Surely if hostile Et's existed...They would have plundered us a long time ago.

I'm not so sure the universe is practically infinite in size and if ET races do exist (which i'm pretty sure they do) then i guarantee there will be a few hostile ones!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No aliens. The very concept scares me. It means that once we screw up the planet and annhiliate ourselves, the universe as we know it is dead. No life whasoever. That's like saying that once I crush a bug, the whole insect world dissapears. Scary.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
On the subject of benevolence or malevolence, bear in mind it depends on who is defining the situation.

We see ourselves as benevolent (as would most civilizations). It would be considered a boon if we came upon a planet of compatible plants, fruits and vegetables. But what if we found out years later that the watermelon evolved into 'sentient beings', communicating by thought.

Oops. Unintentional evil.

An additional point is, those that explorers are probably looking for "resources" if not 'booty', entertaining thoughts along the lines of converting the aliens to the reigning religion - which they may try to resist.

So it's all relative. However there are probably a lot more opportunities to see aggressive behavior on the part of any alien visitors, or what we would term aggression. You don't get into space being timid and shy.

Even the friendliest of aliens would probably end up driving our civilization to extinction, or at least assimilation.

So, I agree with Stephen Hawking. On the subject of communicating with aliens I think it's best to keep your head down.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join