It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly NOT believe in god!!??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
as to not quote all that. i feel the same way about god.
how can you honestly believe in god?
why did he put an infiniate solar system out there, plases we will 'never' visit....it just don't jive for all the reasons you said....you answered you own question, for me anyway

Ah, but you are assuming there that we are the only life in the universe. I'm not going to debate whether we are or aren't, but how do you know the universe is there for our benefit? Or indeed for anythings benefit?

Evolution, as someone has already said, isn't about becoming intelligent, its about survival. Many creatures, in order to survive, don't need to reach our level of intelligence. All it takes usually is a subtle mutation of their 'normal' form, a darker colour hide, a longer tongue, better eyesight etc etc. Humans have evolved a high level of intelligence because we have no natural defences against attack. We can't make a limb fall off, camouflage, claw, squirt blood out of our eyes, or secrete a poison from our pores. So to make up for this we learnt how to use other things as a defence. Spears, fire, arrows...
Nature is an amazing thing and you really shouldn't put any doubt into its ability to do anything.

<< 1   >>

join