It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake education to lure you away from the truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think that The government uses the school education to lure the people of the world to think one way then what is the truth? Like all of our math equations and scientific studies that we learn are all fake. Thats why people dont believe in time travel or intergalactic travel because they think its imposible.

And history class could be faked. I mean how easy would it be to make something up? How come there were so many American heroes back in the day and none heard of now?

Tell me what you think. I may be the only one out there that thinks this way.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by scottr.]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, history is certainly a biased study, but I don't see science and math as so much so.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
History is always being re-written, that is it's nature. It is not what happened, but what people say about what happened.

As for education.... It is a life long event my friends. We ALL should be students for life. Anyone who isn't, is simply sticking their heads in the mud. If you don't continually educate yourself, then you leave far too much behind and end up with the sheepish masses. Self education is the key, as no one can tell you what, nor how to learn.

Remember, "The School exists for the child, and not the child for the school" - John French

(On a side note... If you want to be taken seriously on a topic about education.. here is a hint... Spelling and grammar do count. Learning how to effectively use your native language will empower your statements and also goes to show respect to your readers. I speak a few languages, all self taught, and make a point of doing my best not to butcher the language I happen to be using at the time. If in doubt, one can always use a spell checker.)

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Thats why people dont believe in time travel or intergalactic travel because they think its imposible.

I doubt that time travel is possible anyway. There are way too many paradoxes involved. Then again, I suppose you never really know. I would love to hear anyone's theory on it who thinks it does exist.

And history class could be faked. I mean how easy would it be to make something up?

You're probably right on that one though. I think histories for each country are definitely distorted to make that country come out looking like the good guys. Its ingenious really. Disturbing...but ingenious nonetheless. They can practically raise the kids as patriots who support the country 100% regardless of what they do. Its one of the many reasons why people buy in to all of the government's lies. They were practically programmed to do so.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.
I mean how easy would it be to make something up? How come there were so many American heroes back in the day and none heard of now?

Well it may not be totally made up, but it could have been changed a good deal being passed down from generation to generation through stories and stuff like that. But I don't think it's that far away from the actual truth.

As for heros...

People living right now might not be considered heros but maybe many years from now after they pass away, after many generations, people could look back at them as heros.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You're probably right on that one though. I think histories for each country are definitely distorted to make that country come out looking like the good guys. Its ingenious really. Disturbing...but ingenious nonetheless. They can practically raise the kids as patriots who support the country 100% regardless of what they do. Its one of the many reasons why people buy in to all of the government's lies. They were practically programmed to do so.

I dont know where you folks went to school but where I went to school it was so slanted to the left and constantly bashing our own country that is was borderline treason.

Ex. All Indians were peaceful Indians smoking the peace pipe until the evil White people came along and slaughtered them. The Indians never committed a wrong according to my teachers.

The problem is that we always look at heroes and past events with the mindset and mentality of 2007 rather then whenever the event took place. What to us may seem like an act of genocidal levels was seen as something that was normal in warfare back in those days. Same thing with heros, its just that today we tend to look more at the worts then in the past.

Ex. 1957 - "The Swamp Fox" Francis Marion was a hero of the American Revolution who played a major role in beating the British in the Southern Campaign

2007 - Francis Marion was a racist prick who was a serial rapist and had sex with his slaves. The only reason who knew the swamps and backwoods so well was because that is where he fled to whenever the colonial sheriffs and constables went looking for him ... oh and he also fought in the American Revolution.

See what I mean? Im not saying everyone is perfect but we do need some heroes for the sake of pride in the US.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well the old adage is "The winner writes the history books".

In the beginning of this once great nation Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, and others were great forefathers and thinkers and great Christian men, for the most part, Jefferson was a deist.

Today we don;t hear about those men eccpet that they owned slaves or nothing at all, so who won?? Soviet Style School NEA won, they write the books our kids learn from, theylegisslate against the PEOPLE's wishs. They have taken it over from within and there is much much evidenc eto this fact. Look at Normon Dodds interview with G. Edward Griffin LINK BELOW to that interview.. Basically we have lost this nation to beasts from within whether that ebst is named Bush or Clinton or rockelfeller it matters not.

Normon Dodd Interview

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. Everything that once was, could or will be forced to take a darastic turn. What We think we know is a lie. 9/11 was the rabbit hole. After that, We all entered wonderland.
If the education System wasnt messed up then, It should be by now. Why dont you think they dont teach WWII in Germany?(at least from what I know).

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The last thing you want to do if you're currently in power is to educate the masses in any significant way... not just for the obvious "keeping-onto-power" reasons either.

Would YOU want to give your average person the scientific/mathematical/linguistic skills to either build the kind of weapons the US military currently has tucked away, or give them the ability to communicate their ideas? I wouldn't. The average human is completely insane! (Want proof? Visit youtube and see what they think is important.)

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
funny your right about youtube
The way i look at it is that you have to take education into your own hands learn what you want to learn. But i do agree with you that they Serve alot of BS "BrainWashing " stuff at school now a days..

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
video.google.com...

While parents, schools, provinces and states across North America bicker about the democratic process of running public schools, forces are ... all » manipulating education from behind the scenes. Major international players are reshaping public education to suit their own self-serving agendas, without regard for the wants of parents and the welfare of their children. This video lecture documents how today's educational system dumb down kids deliberately, making zombie-like people who don't ask any questions but just follow orders.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think it's interesting how you immediately define "Soviet" as "evil" and "America" as "good", and assume that every country teaches their children that their own country is the best.

Have you never wondered why Soviet was "evil", and furthermore why it's evil to strive to achieve a society without the theist hoaxes and with a social structure where everyone is equal, id est communism - does this sound more modern and enlightened to you yet?

I think it's even more interesting that in the very thread where you speak up against the brainwashing we receive in our schools, you use the very things they tought you - that We Are Good and They Are Bad.

Consider other countries - often, in other countries, being a patriot is a BAD THING. You're classed as a redneck, an idiot, or rather, a racist.
What does this tell you? That everyone else is wrong, or that WE are being taught that it's NORMAL to think that your country is the greatest?
Sure, we're stronger by leaps and bounds when you consider our army and our technology, but socially we are so far behind Europe that it's laughable - our attitude towards war is Europe's attitude three or four centuries ago.

Our near-fascist stance against other social structures is as rigid and blissfully thoughtless about alternatives as the early medieval Europe.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeopener
I think it's interesting how you immediately define "Soviet" as "evil" and "America" as "good", and assume that every country teaches their children that their own country is the best.

Have you never wondered why Soviet was "evil", and furthermore why it's evil to strive to achieve a society without the theist hoaxes and with a social structure where everyone is equal, id est communism - does this sound more modern and enlightened to you yet?

Well lets see, could the Soviets have been evil because the put up huge barbed wire fences around the entire country and shot anyone that tried to leave?
Ever heard of the Berlin Wall?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it fake education to lure you away from the truth, I'd say it's more like cr+p education that destroys your kid's self esteem, wastes their intelligence & takes the fun out of life. That's why my kids are educated at home. I'm no scholar but I'm sure they'll benefit more from what I know than what a trained teacher says. I've heard that a teacher's training is 70% crowd control anyway.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
See. I agree. Public schools are just a waste of time other then all the stuff I wrote about it bing a fake, I think going to a public school can tear your kids apart, If its because they are'nt popular or have the most money to buy the latest fasion in clothes or school supplies, one way or another, its made to be that way.

Back to how education could be faked, Im not sure if any one of you has heard about this guy that went to diffrent colleges for lectures. He was explaining to everyone that they wouldnt learn anything from college. That school was a waste of time. I think he quit school at a young age but is said to have his very own made made rocket that can go to space and back. I mean That was self taught. If its true then that means that school is just nonsense, one can be smart without typical education. Hell Albert Einstien didnt know how to tie his shoes or count past 10, or something like that.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Im 15 and in highschool and i think the OP's idea is wrong not because people might not want to slant education but because none of the kids pay attention or really think about what they learn in school, i know because i talk to them everyday. The real problem with education is that the teachers dont know enough about their field, any another field, or teaching in general. Another problem being that most kids arent naturally going to like school, and that nobody has made a way to make class interesting and understandable so that kids enojy and understand what they are taught. Kids just take in info and regurgitate it during tests. They really lack any true understanding of what theyve learned and have no way of connecting information learned in all their classes, making every thing they learn seem utterly pointless.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I've been stewing over this issue for a little while now. My wife teaches an adult literacy class (for people trying to get a GED) at a local community college, and we've had quite a few discussions about the state of the education system. Our child will not be in school for years yet, but we are already saving for a private school education. We somewhat disagree on whether it should be a secular or religious private school, but the more we watch TV the more we lean toward a religious private school.

My wife was actually and Education major as an undergrad until she tired of all the psycho babble that major entailed and switched to a pure subject major (trying to avoid to much PI). She is of the opinion that much of the blame for this sorry state of affairs is lack of parental involvement in a childs education. I don't disagree, and if your child's only education comes from the State, you are abusing and permanently harming your child. I concede to her that this is part of the problem, but not the totality of it.

At some point since the inception of the public education system, social engineering has replaced educating our children as the goal of our education system. It emphasizes inclusiveness, self-esteem, and group identity at the expense of excellence, achievement, and self-reliance/responsibillity. This is leading to the erosion of any competitive advantage we have in out workforce. It's already starting to show in science, engineering, and medicine. How many of the M.D.s that have started practices in your hometown in the past decade are native born? I'd love to say that with our infatuation with pop culture we're putting out a great generation of artists and musicians, but art and music education have been mercilessly cut from budgets along with most physical education. I didn't fully realize how bad it was until I ended up in a hiring position and could immediately disqualify more than half of all applicants because they couldn't do a resume or fill out a job application properly.

I came to this conclusion, the failure of the US public education system is intentional. In the Antebellum South it was illegal to teach a slave to read because an illiterate population is much easier to control. The same reasoning applies to public eduction today. I passed this theory to my wife who discussed it with some of her colleagues who either had retired from the public education system or are still in it and work with my wife as a part time job. I was expecting some ridicule, or at a minimum defensiveness from them, but as far as I know they either agreed or didn't disagree. This tells me that the problem lies at the highest levels of the system. The teachers know that the system they are a part of is failing, but feel helpless to do anything about it because the beaurocracy is so entrenched. They do the best they can with what they have, and feel like they've accomplished something if they can make a difference in 1 out of 100 children. I know so many teachers who do not send their children to public schools.

Well that's my two cents. I'm sure there is a typo or two in the body and probably a comma splice or 3 as well, but could care less at 2:30 AM

new topics

top topics

join