It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentich Disappearance recreation. Profile of strange story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When I read the transcript of the Valentich disappearance it was so captivating I decided to try to recreate it Unsolved Mysteries style. I wanted to capture that horrible feeling I got at the last few moments of Valentich's broadcast when the green light hovered over him and he disappeared without a trace. Just remember, this was filmed from my room. i.e. budget=$0.

It's part of a show I dreamt up. I created a comedy persona called the Hissing Alien who lampoons the bizarre UFO stories and icy personalities of the creatures found onboard. The Hissing Alien is supposed to profile classic encounters (Betty and Barney Hill, Hopkinsville case, Kelly Cahill abduction.. etc) with a behind the scenes look into what the cruel aliens were really thinking! I figured it was time to add a dose of humor to the strangeness found out there, which was pretty easy considering the outright insane stories you hear. UFO studies facinate me because in most of the tales the UFO beings act like coldhearted, embryo killing villains.

www.youtube.com...

Nobody's watching tho, which kind of baffles me because I thought everybody loves UFOs! Feel free to rate it, if the show's any good I hope to profile even bigger cases with that unique alien superiority complex.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
NM the link works.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by toogood]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Dude, I love it. Great work and a top effort to make it.

Two suggestions:

1) The sound is very low. Even with my laptop volume turned up full, I struggled to hear some parts.

2) Cape Otway has a lighthouse station, you might want to include a picture of the lighthouse there to uniquely identify the broad section of coastline. You'll find one that you can download from the Australian Lighthouses website. Also, at the lighthouse station, there is a memorial plaque, documenting Fred's disappearace. There might also be an online image of the plaque that you could use? If not, I might take a drive there during my next holidays and try to get some good close-up pictures of it. It's about three hours from where I live, so I don't get there all that often.

Great work.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Looks like something my gradson would come up with if he thought about it, lol

I give you an A+ it made me smile and chuckle.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the input guys. I'll work on the sound problem, though it seems hit or miss from Youtube. It blasts out of my desktop computer on Youtube.

As for the lighthouse plaque - Don't go out of your way for a small picture! Thanks for the offer though. Yes I've known about it and I was going to mention it in the capper episode. I made sure that the case was well researched.

www.ufoarea.com...

ATS was where I first heard about it in the "The classics" thread though, so I figured that this board would be the most interested. The case has gone through the millstone with rumors and wierd speculation since the 70's and I plan on addressing that. With most things UFO you can add a stranger story to an already strange story and many onlookers would simply shrug.

new topics

top topics

join