It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 % of "Foreign Fighters" in Iraq from Saudi Arabia?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I say, lets attack Saudi Arabia and take all their oil.

Oh, I forgot that they are our friends . . ., we need to keep supporting their feudal monarchy.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I say, lets attack Saudi Arabia and take all their oil.

Oh, I forgot that they are our friends . . ., we need to keep supporting their feudal monarchy.

Lets attack Egypt since Zawahiri is from there. Or maybe Yemen since Osama was from there. Or maybe Jordan since Zarqawi was from there. Or maybe Pakistan because Sheik Mohammed is from there. Get what I'm saying?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Get what I'm saying?

I think Deltaboy that for the first time you have gotten my meaning.

Occurs the nations of interest are not any of the ones mention by you or me.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I think Deltaboy that for the first time you have gotten my meaning.

Occurs the nations of interest are not any of the ones mention by you or me.

We could invade Egypt and Saudi Arabia because they got oil. After all we did had troops in Saudi Arabia. I wonder why we pulled out. DAMMIT almost lost that chance to conquer Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

DAMMIT almost lost that chance to conquer Saudi Arabia.

Actually on a serious note, an invasion of Saudi or even any kind of attack would bring an oil crisis that will make the one in the seventies like a child's play.

Any interruption of Saudi oil will be devastating.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Actually on a serious note, an invasion of Saudi or even any kind of attack would bring an oil crisis that will make the one in the seventies like a child's play.

Any interruption of Saudi oil will be devastating.

You mean something like Al Qaeda has been trying to do by attacking Saudi Arabia's refineries in the past few years. No to mention attacking foreigners related to working on those facilities.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I imagine that the security in the refineries in Iraq are very well monitored.

When my husband was in the middle east in Bharain he said that the Saudis were always watchful of the Shiite workers in the oil refineries, every time that something went wrong the Shiite workers were immediately pull aside searched and interrogated.

The Saudis do not trust Shiites at all and my husband said they are almost hostile to them.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Do you not understand Irony?

Originally posted by deltaboyWe could invade Egypt and Saudi Arabia because they got oil.

Egypt has no oil to speak of, if you try an crack a joke at least be reasonable. Kansas has more.

After all we did had troops in Saudi Arabia. I wonder why we pulled out. DAMMIT almost lost that chance to conquer Saudi Arabia.

You don't get it do you, the OIL fields there are still under Western Control. How you ask? The monarchy is in power is it not? Who do you think keeps it that way?

Originally posted by marg6043Actually on a serious note, an invasion of Saudi or even any kind of attack would bring an oil crisis that will make the one in the seventies like a child's play. Any interruption of Saudi oil will be devastating.

marg mark this one, YOU ARE CORRECT! It would be devastating to the WORLD economy, even the oil states as they have DEBT to pay.

Sometimes this board makes me really laugh!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
About 45% of all foreign militants targeting U.S. troops and Iraqi civilians and security forces are from Saudi Arabia

Well, first of all, the number of "foreign jihadists" in Iraq engaging American forces, described by this banana republican administration as of the al-CIAda variety is actually miniscule compared to the number of native Iraqis fighting sectarian warfare. They are totally exaggerating the number of terrorist types there. So, reel it in. 45% of maybe 10% of fighters is actually not much at all, regardless of where they're from.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by marg6043Actually on a serious note, an invasion of Saudi or even any kind of attack would bring an oil crisis that will make the one in the seventies like a child's play. Any interruption of Saudi oil will be devastating.

marg mark this one, YOU ARE CORRECT! It would be devastating to the WORLD economy, even the oil states as they have DEBT to pay.

Sometimes this board makes me really laugh!

You can attack Saudi Arabia all you want. But mark MY word, the Saudi oil framework is rigged for Armageddon. Read Gerald Posner's "Secrets of the Kingdom". This is why no ones tried it yet.

Gotta make nice-nice.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Egypt has no oil to speak of, if you try an crack a joke at least be reasonable. Kansas has more.

Egypt does have oil, unless you are trying to make comparison to Saudi Arabia as to who REALLY have oil.

You don't get it do you, the OIL fields there are still under Western Control. How you ask? The monarchy is in power is it not? Who do you think keeps it that way?

You must have been influenced by reading this. But then his theory about American military on Saudi Arabia to control the flow of oil is pretty much debunked since the American forces pulled out, hence after the Iraq invasion.

www.kanaanonline.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You must have been influenced by reading this. But then his theory about American military on Saudi Arabia to control the flow of oil is pretty much debunked since the American forces pulled out, hence after the Iraq invasion.

www.kanaanonline.org...

We do not control Saudi oil wells, I assure you.

And we still have a military presence there, altho its not much trumpeted.

We are definitely the big boys on the block, but we're not in charge. We're not even large (there) in the minds of anyone (tho we are). If that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Our present in Saudi Arabia has always been a very touchy subject to the people in that nation.

The Saud house is the one that welcome US not the people.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Our present in Saudi Arabia has always been a very touchy subject to the people in that nation.

The Saud house is the one that welcome US not the people.

Well there are only few hundred personnel training the Saudi security forces so I don't know if that counts as a military presence. But then any non Muslim on Muslim territory is considered a justified act of attacking them.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey Marg, long time, no chat!

Did your husband ever serve in saudi Arabia or Iraq?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Did your husband ever serve in saudi Arabia or Iraq?

He was station in Saudi, Bahrain I don't know how to spell it. I always get it confused with Basra.

Deltaboy I agree with you most of the people in muslin countries do no feel happy with US anywhere in their lands.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Heres something for you about a possible situation. Its a movie so don't complain about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That is my husband favorite type of movie. He likes action movies.

I have many photographs that my husband brought from Saudi and it I find them very beautiful.

My husband said that the Arabs he met where friendly and courteous but also very guarded and worry about Americans.

Now in my husband case because he is also Spanish they treated him with more courtesy, even telling him that Spanish was their brothers also.

But Saudi is a different world compare to Iraq right now.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboyEgypt does have oil, unless you are trying to make comparison to Saudi Arabia as to who REALLY have oil.

Originally posted by deltaboyYou must have been influenced by reading this. But then his theory about American military on Saudi Arabia to control the flow of oil is pretty much debunked since the American forces pulled out, hence after the Iraq invasion.

Egypt's petroleum reserves have risen 7 percent since 1982, to 4.5 billion barrels, the country's oil minister, Ahmed D. Hilal, said today. He predicted that Egyptian crude oil production would rise to 1 million barrels a day in 1985 from 900,000 barrels a day now.

More than I thought but still not very much in the big picture, not worth going after.

LINK

Still its not very much when considered in the big picture, maybe they have more than Kansas but....I looked it up , ~175 mill.

Rank Country Proved reserves
(billion barrels)
1. Saudi Arabia 264.3
2. Canada 178.8
3. Iran 132.5
4. Iraq 115.0
5. Kuwait 101.5
6. United Arab Emirates 97.8
7. Venezuela 79.7
8. Russia 60.0
9. Libya 39.1
10. Nigeria 35.9
11. United States 21.4
12. China 18.3
13. Qatar 15.2
14. Mexico 12.9
15. Algeria 11.4
16. Brazil 11.2
17. Kazakhstan 9.0
18. Norway 7.7
19. Azerbaijan 7.0
20. India 5.8

Top 20 countries 1224.5 (95%)
Rest of world 68.1 (5%)
World total 1,292.6

LINK

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboyWell there are only few hundred personnel training the Saudi security forces so I don't know if that counts as a military presence.

What I am trying to say is that the only reason the house of Saud stays in power is that it has the backing of the US armed Forces, see Iraq war part 1.

Don't kid yourself, there is too much at stake, we DO control it in the big picture, the valves are OPEN. If you think otherwise watch what happens when the Saudis start trading oil in Euros.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join