It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria urges Syrians to leave Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
www.earthtimes.org...

BERUIT, Lebanon, July 8 Syria is calling on its citizens who are in Lebanon to leave the country ahead of an expected military "eruption" expected to take place next week.

Do not know anything about this website, and I havent heard anything about this from syria...

kind of interesting, anyone got anything else coming out of syria?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Syria removing Golan checkpoints

The London based Al-Hayat reported Saturday that Israel was "concerned" that Syria's decision to remove military checkpoints on the road to Kuneitra on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights could be a preparation for war.

According to the report, the checkpoints in question had been in place for 40 years, ever since the Six Day War.

Al-Hayat also claimed that foreign journalists were being barred from covering IDF maneuvers conducted on the Golan Heights.

Syria denies calling citizens back from Lebanon

Damascus denied reports Sunday morning that it ordered its nationals living in Lebanon to return to Syria, instead saying that it had made a decision to allow its students studying in Beirut to continue their studies in Damascus, fearing that Lebanese would harass them, Army Radio reported.

I couldn't find any major outlets carrying this story, yet.

To me, it appears the Syrians are serious and
are actively preparing for this military "eruption".

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Perhaps this prophecy will soon be fulfilled:

Syria Next? An Oracle Concerning Damascus...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I found this yesterday concerning this issue and yes it would seem that things are getting worse in the region.

On Friday, the Nazareth-based A-Sinara reported that Syria planned to evacuate all of its citizens from Lebanon by mid-July. Furthermore, a Lebanese source told the newspaper, once Syrian nationals were out of the county, Syria planned to close its border crossings to Lebanon."

This action is truly a war sign. When a country plans to launch a war, they will attempt to remove their own citizens out of "harms way". Remember, only weeks ago, President Assad ordered all Syrian historical artifacts and documents to be removed from museums in Damascus to undisclosed locations.

These two actions absolutely shout war.

military sources discovered that Syria had on June 26 quietly opened the Damascus-Golan road to Quneitra to civilian traffic for the first time in 40 years

All the war preperations are being made on both sides if you know what to look for, perhaps we should monitor the news more closely the next few weeks??

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My wife's mother is in Lebanon right now & is supposed to be there for another month. Should we be getting her on a plane home ASAP? I'll keep my eyes open for more news.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Debka is reporting this as well:

www.debka.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
My wife's mother is in Lebanon right now & is supposed to be there for another month. Should we be getting her on a plane home ASAP? I'll keep my eyes open for more news.

If I was in your position I'd advise her to leave. The situation is very unstable there anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Al Jazeera English reported about four weeks ago that Israel were practising military manoeuvres on Syria's borders.

The military manoeuvres included practising capturing Syrian villages and towns.

The Israelis seemed quite happy for Al Jazeera English to report this.

Jeremy Bowen, The BBC Middle East Editor, and author of Six Days, about the Six Day War, has reported that the mood in Lebanon and surrounding countries is like that of the 1930's in Europe.

The mood being of anticipation, that something big is coming.

Israel, after their 2006 war against Hezbollah, are perceived by the Israelis themselves to have lost Israel the aura of military invincibility achieved after the '67 and '73 wars.

Israel views this as dangerous, and it may well be that they will target Syria for some form of military action in order to get that aura back.

However, Syria may well view Israel's failure in the 2006 war against Hezbollah as a weakness to be capitalised on, and to seize the Golan Heights.

Either way, if Syria is attacked, then by the mutual defence pact Iran and Syria have, Iran will join the war.

Maybe that is Israel's true objective: To get to Iran via a war with Syria, and if Iran joins the war would warrant an excuse by the US and/or Israel to attack Iran.

Syria ordering it's citizens to leave Lebanon maybe just a reflection of the political instability of Lebanon.

However, Assad's reported ordering of Syrian relics to be placed in safety is interesting.

All this comes after reports of Syria and Israel discussing The Golan Heights in secret.

Perhaps as they talk peace, they show each other their muscle as reminders.

A situation to watch very closely indeed.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Didn't another 1 or 2 US carrier groups head off to the persian gulf area a couple weeks ago?

preperations being made?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Enterprise Carrier Strike Group to deploy beginning Saturday
(7/7)

This is a regularly scheduled deployment for the strike group. They'll be operating in the same area from which the Eisenhower CSG recently returned.

I'm not sure if any more are being deployed.
Its only natural to have military forces in the region,
so I'm going to presume our forces are prepared and
that this is just the 'changing of the guards'.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've just been looking on the BBC News website and found this:

news.bbc.co.uk...

In the link, A BBC Correspondent in Lebanon reports that:

In the meantime, one rumour doing the rounds in anti-Syrian circles at the moment centres on 15 July, the date apparently set by neighbouring Syria as a deadline for its workers in Lebanon to leave the country. There is probably nothing in it, but we're told to "expect some major event" on that day, and in the febrile atmosphere of the moment some imaginations are running unchecked.

Conspiraces and imaginations can run wild at such tense times like these, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

July 9, 2007

WASHINGTON — Well-informed sources in Washington fear that a confrontation between Syria and Israel may happen this summer. The sources say that Syrian intelligence is abuzz with activity reports of an imminent Israeli attack across the Golan Heights, while others believe that it is Syria that is gearing up for war.

Dennis Ross, a former senior US Middle East peace negotiator, was quoted by an Israeli newspaper as saying that he thinks "there is a risk of war" between Syria and Israel in the summer. Ross told YnetNews, Yedioth Ahronoth's Internet edition, that "no one has made any decisions, but the Syrians are positioning themselves for war."

www.metimes.com...

Hmmmmmm..... I know Syriansister has recently returned to Syria, prey be she's somewhere safe.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Maybe a silly question but why whould they urge Syrians to leave Lebanon and come to Syria[i suppose] which is more likely to become a theatre of war in this Golan conflict. Then Lebanon although Israel has no problem of attacking them as we saw last year, but Lebanon[as the government] having a more moderate position in Islamic groups, even fighting them..
The moderate Syrians studying in Beirut would be more safe there then in Damascus imo..

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It seems as if people are underestimating the magnitude of this. The middle east is a powder keg right now, any conflict could lead to a large regional war, with the US and other nations being quickly involved.

I just hope it doesn't start til after the 19th, I'm getting lasik and I don't wanna rely on glasses or contacts during WW3.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
Maybe a silly question but why whould they urge Syrians to leave Lebanon and come to Syria[i suppose] which is more likely to become a theatre of war in this Golan conflict.

My guess is that Syria has information that we are not privy too, but you are absolutly right that Syria will be come a main theater of war in the event of a Golan conflict. so it doesn't really make any sense to pull all your citizens into the war zone. in the event of WWIII I'm not sure that the USA would be such a safe place ethier.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Published: 07.09.07, 15:50 / Israel News

If Israel doesn't vacate the strategic Golan Heights b y August- September, Syrian fighters will immediately launch "resistance operations" against Jewish communities in the Golan Heights , a top official from Syrian President Bashar Assad's Baath party told WND.

The Baath official, who spoke on condition his name be withheld, said Damascus was preparing for anticipated Israeli retaliation following these attacks and for a larger war with the Jewish state in August or September. He said Syria ha d the capabilit y of firing "hundreds" of missiles at Tel Aviv.

www.ynetnews.com...

I dont want to state the obvious here, but if indeed they make good on their threats, it wont be JUST Syria involved.
Odd,

Syria gives until August/Sept
Baghdad sunnis have given Iran 2 months ( August/Sept )
And GW is schedualed to deliver a response to the surge reports in Sept.
And My birthdays in Sept, what a welcome present it would be, to see the downfall of 3 illegial regimes.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
Maybe a silly question but why whould they urge Syrians to leave Lebanon and come to Syria.

My guess (If a war is coming) would be to have them in Syria so they can be drafted into the Army.

Syria in such a case, will be thinking of 1973, when Israeli troops were about 10-15 miles from Damascus.

Syria, if they are preparing for war, will want to draft any able bodied Syrian for war.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

www.ynetnews.com...

I dont want to state the obvious here, but if indeed they make good on their threats, it wont be JUST Syria involved.

Just a word of caution.

The website you quote from has a history of Pro-Israel hysteria.

Take with a pinch of salt.

top topics

join