It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Sinclair Broadcasting Group Blacks Out Ron Paul interview on This Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Paul tops McCain in fundraising: Sinclair Broadcasting blacks out Paul interview on This Week

So, yesterday I was happy to read that Texas Congressman and Republican candidate Ron Paul actually raised more cash in the 2nd quarter than Crazy Train McCain.

ABC reported it and also that George Stephonopoulis would be interviewing the good congressman today on "This Week." That was great news. All Paul needs to catch fire is some media attention. "This Week" would be a fantastic start.

I got up and made coffee and waited for the show to come on; and lo and behond that FASCIST GOP broadcasting group SINCLAIR pre-empted "This Week" here in the Charlotte/Carolina regiona for - get this -
Latino Lifestyles!

No offense, to our Latin population; but the fact of the matter is, when you put up a story like this - Ron Paul raises more money than Mr. Establishment - up against a pop culture tv show - there is no comparison in importance.

This is a media BLACKOUT of Ron Paul - and Sinclair is one of the worst broadcasting companies out there. They've done this before - any time someone's on that's really on fire or in need of being heard.

I am SO pissed off I can barely see straight right now.

The establishment media and politicians are SCARED STIFF over Ron Paul's candidacy. And as I predicted, they will do everything in theire power to shut Paul down - as they did to Howard Dean in 2004.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, we could take up a collection and take out some full page adds in a local paper or two explaining just what happened, and asking people to bombard that group with e-mails demanding the show be re-aired.

Just being mad is not enough. ACTION has to be taken, and that's where too many people just will not get off of their lazy asses and do something.

I pointed out in another thread that I started, how we were being ripped off over fuel, and how it was a conspiracy. Two flags, two replies, and no indignation. And one of those replies defended the Big Oil Companies!

So if people don't care enough to even post when they're being stolen from, then I doubt there'll be more than a token response over this blatant silencing of RP.

I will e-mail some people over this. as well as query the HQ for Ron Paul on what they see as the best step to protest this.

Good post, OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply and support.

Sinclair has been notorious in blacking out the truth. They were the group that refused to broadcast Ted Koppel's Nightline show reading the names of all our fallen troops. Anyone remember that? They were also the propogandists instrumental in pushing that SwiftBoatian BS program claiming John Kerry was not a war hero (back in '04).

This is just maddening.

SINCLAIR should be boycotted and run out of the broadcasting business. They are NOT legitimate. They are just another tentacle of the NeoCon media octopus.

Please do spread the word on this happening. Enough is enough!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Figures, they can't let Ron Paul get his message out, for Pete's sake people are LISTENING!!! Who woulda thunk that topics like Liberty and Freedom and Constitution would have resonatedso well amongst the people. The funny thing about all this in the Rep. party is that they keep saying that F. Thompson is doing so well even before announcing is because there is no real choice of the 10 Rep. candidates now running. They also like to lump Ron Paul into the other 10 in statements like, "they are all for the war in Iraq" and such. They have to lie to the people in order to try to supress the good Dr.'s message, the possibilities of the opposite are nil.

I think that he holds little chance of winning the Rep. nomination like some have said, not because he aint the best but because the people don't make that choice. I also don't think the good Dr. is goiing to run as a Republican forever, I think this is a game to get the message heard, shich is working. Look at his poll numbers when more than 100 hand picked people are polled. Look at his numbers for contributions, web site hits, search terms, meet up members, youtube and google members, myspace members, and all thosepeople are telling friends.

My prediction is this, I HAVE NO INFORMATION TO BACK THIS UP IT IS ONLY MY ASSUMPTIONS:

The good Dr knows that if he ran as a Libertarian he would not get his message heard by anyone outside the net, because only the two parties get to have national televised debates and so if you are not on that stage as a R or a D you aint gonna be on many stages. I think tghe good Dr. also knows and as polls are showing, the people are fed up with the two parties. Most recent polls has most americans calling themselves Independents for the first time ever. Now here's my thinking, the good Dr. runs as a Republican through the debate series to make sure he is on that stage and his message is getting out to the people, he then switches to an Independent ticket before the General Election and gives one of the many good reasons for the leaving of the rep party. This allows his message out (debates) and lets him run outside the parties in the end.

We will have to see what happens, but I already have plans to be a permanent Resident in Costa Rica with two friends of mine. We are buying a hotel on the western coast and on the day that Hillary Clinton is sworn in I will be on the beach in CR. I pray that the Dr. wins and I pray that America wakes up and saves itself before it is too late but one only has to look at the state of the nation to see that the possibilities of this happening are slim to none. Besides if the good Dr. won they would just execute him in public like they did JFK.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey - can I join y'all in Costa Rica if Chillary wins?

I swear, there's not a dimes bit of difference between her and George W. Folks who think she's some kind of change candidate mystify me. I mean, how naive can one be?

Regarding Ron Paul, not sure if you're aware of this, but he ran for president in 1980, I believe, as a Libertarian candidate. He's been a Republican for years now.

I'm honestly surprised he's even running; b/c he of all people knows what he's up against. I actually believe he's running in response to the outcry of people who support him.

I, like them, have probably been reading his essays online for several years now. you can find a whole plethora of his positions at www.lewrockwell.com

Check it out! Its a treasure trove of common sense.

Ron Paul is a real (Golwater, Reagan) conservative - as I once thot of myself. His presence in this election process is wonderful, if not for one thing, he shows us that he is the one true Republican in this race for the nomination. The other 9 and Fred Thompson are a bunch of sold-out poseurs. They will tell you anyhing you wana here (with the exception of the immigration rift) and blindly support illegal wars/interventions. Gee, wasn't that what Clinton got hammered for by those same ignorant thugs? Bosnia, Somalia, anyone?:shk:

Ron Paul's candidacy is tearing the mask of lies off the face of today's morally bankrupt GOP. And the people - the REAL people across America are eating it up.

Groups like Sinclair can go on blacking out Ron Paul all they want, but the joke's on them. With the advent and rise of the internet, we now see clearly who these people/groups are and just how absolutely corrupt they are.

BOYCOTT SINCLAIR BROADCASTING GROUP!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, do you want to give them a piece of your mind? Want to tell them that you don't like it, and plan on organizing others to protest and boycott in your area? Then here's their e-mail:

[email protected]

There's no time like the present. I sent one so that it's at least on a desk for Monday morning.

Start taking action and don't stop. If you want America to get better, make it happen.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that info.

Its kind of difficult for me to be politically active here where I live. I write for the big paper here (McClatchy) and there are rules of ethics I must follow to earn my pay. As maddening as that is.

EX: I wrote an op/ed opposing the invasion of Iraq in '03. A college then invited me to speak at an anti-war rally they were having. I was forced to decline the invitation due to the ethics guidelines. It could be percieved that I was representing our paper. Tho that was totally not the case. The paper merely - and graciously allowed me, in print, to state my case opposing the invasion - as a war veteran.

Anyway, I was sitting here thinking about writing a scathing op/ed and submitting it tomorrow for possible publication. As a Republican.

That always stops blathering, xenophobic twits in their tracks (a.) learning I am also a Rep. and (b.) that I am a war vet.

So, we'll see what happens. I will take much pleasure in blasting (in print) those fraudulent propogandists. And its funny, print orgs have no problem attacking tv media. lol

I hope other people will email, call and write to register protest.

I will sign my op/ed off saying (if I can anyway): Thanks Sinclair! For the first time in my life I will register my protest with your blacking Ron Paul out with a donation to his campaign - first time in my life I've ever donated to a politician, too!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They really should let him have time on the air. Give him all the time in the world. It'd be cool to watch the dude hang himself with his own goofy libertarian rhetoric. Once people discover he's in favor of making every road a toll road, turning the national parks into strip mines and go-cart tracks, and ensuring that Big Pharma can sell you poison because the FDA has been abolished, we'll see how much money he raises.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
They really should let him have time on the air. Give him all the time in the world. It'd be cool to watch the dude hang himself with his own goofy libertarian rhetoric. Once people discover he's in favor of making every road a toll road, turning the national parks into strip mines and go-cart tracks, and ensuring that Big Pharma can sell you poison because the FDA has been abolished, we'll see how much money he raises.

I agree, they should give him equal air-time. Any time someone makes the establishment nervous, though, they do everything in their power to shut them down. Nothing like the old out-of-sight-out-of-mind trick.

So, you got any facts to back up those claims? Or is that just more GOP-inspired BS?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey Eastcoast, you have to overlook Walking Fox. Being a die hard of any party makes you shut down to letting in the light of another idea.

Thankfully, there are more people willing to listen than those who are sure they already know everything there is worth knowing.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
They really should let him have time on the air. Give him all the time in the world. It'd be cool to watch the dude hang himself with his own goofy libertarian rhetoric.

Need I remind you that "goofy libertarian rhetoric" is the Constitution of the United States? You ever heard of it? Ever read any of it?

If not, I hope you do. Pay special attention to the BILL OF RIGHTS.

Anyway, the more exposure Dr. NO gets, the bigger his support base will get. He speaks true American. That's what the powers that be don't want you to hear.

top topics

join