It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Roswell Anniversary -- David Sereda on Fox & Friends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I captured this video this morning from Fox & Friends. It's David Sereda talking about Roswell and his new documentary From Here to Andromeda.

Enjoy!

[edit on 7/5/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
That was the shortest interview I have ever seen. A shame it can't get more coverage than that.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
DAVID SEREDA DROPPING MADDDD KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!! # YEA I LOVE THIS MAN! FOR ALL THE HEAT HE GETS FROM FOX NEWS AND THIS REPUBLICAN BULL#!!! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DEBATE AS A SOCIETY WITH ALL THIS RIGHT WING GARBAGE?!?!?!?!

HOW SAD IS OUR MEDIA?????

DAVID SEREDA, I GOTTA GIVE YOU MADD PROPS! YOU TAKE THE HEAT AND DROP KNOWLEDGE!!!

# FOX NEWS!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 5-7-2007 by weknowyouknow]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
AMAZING... I WILL COMMENT MORE ON THIS WHEN IM ALITTLE SOBER.

NEVER RELY ON YOUR TV FOR THE TRUTH.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The presenter is quite good actually, they seemed to not like that sereda speaks quite well in this interview. They always seem to try to find a way to turn it into a joke.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yeah, they (Fox) were at least courteous enough not to laugh in his face. And they kinda wanted to shut him up when he spoke with some sense of authority and intelligence about the subject.

And as for the piece-of-a-spaceship smoking gun? Think about it. How many people have bits of secret terrestrial craft secreted away? I'm guessing no one!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You know, there's been some speculation recently by ATS-ers and others that maybe all the coverage of ufo-related stories in the news lately are just to "de-sensitize" us to a future dislosure of ET. I'll even admit that I was hoping that may be the case but after watching this interview and other's recently with UFO researchers I have to think maybe it's just the opposite.

Maybe they are inviting all of these experts on ufos on camera so they can publicly belittle and disparage thier views. Considering public opinion polls in the past though, concerning belief in UFOs by Americans, that ploy may backfire big-time.

Consider these facts:

1997 GALLUP POLL IN US (Sept)

87% Americans have read or heard about UFO’s

12% reported that they had seen something that they thought was a UFO

45% think UFO’s have visited earth

48% believe UFO’s are something real

31% believe UFO’s are the result of people’s imagination

72% believe that there is life in some form on other planets in the Universe

38% believe that there are people somewhat like ourselves living on other planets

71% believe that the US Government knows more about UFO’s than it’s telling

And these numbers:

1997 CNN/TIME MAGAZINE POLL (June)

80% believe that the government is hiding the existence of extraterrestrial life forms

54% believe intelligent life exists beyond earth

64% believe aliens have contacted humans

50% believe that aliens have abducted humans

93% have never been abducted

91% have never had contact with aliens

75% had never seen a UFO or knew of anyone who had

37% believe that aliens have contacted the US government

75% believe that a UFO crashed near Roswell

26% believe that they would be expected to be treated as an enemy

39% believe that aliens would appear very humanoid

35% believe that aliens would look somewhat human

And in the UK:

June 1997 - UK

Largest Opinion Poll on UFO’s conducted after a live UFO debate on ITV entitled Strange but True. The question was “Have aliens already visited earth”.

Audience rating was just under 7 million.

92% voted in favor of the extraterrestrial hypothesis with a margin of plus minus 6%.

Three days after the program ITV Telecast ran their own telephone poll and asked “Do aliens exist?” Out of 2,215 votes cast, 87% answered Yes and 11% answered No.

Source for all polls

Now, all of these polls were conducted 9-10 years ago; do you think that people's opinions have changed since then? I believe that if these same polls were conducted today you would see a marked increase in the number of people replying "yes" to all questions related to the existance of UFOs, ET, Roswell and Government coverups and conspiricies.

[Added emphasis is mine]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The major media does not want anyone to take the UFO subject seriously, that's exactly why they invited David Sereda on to talk about it. He is so non-credible.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
lightseeker,

I agree. And I have to say that having been watching the UFO scene since about 1995, and having read 20+ books on the subject -- I'm currently reading Need to Know by Timothy Good
-- it seems like the world of ufology has felt like it's been on the brink of disclosure for quite some time. My gut feeling, however, tells me that we haven't and we're still not

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
The major media does not want anyone to take the UFO subject seriously, that's exactly why they invited David Sereda on to talk about it. He is so non-credible.

I disagree. I think Sereda is very credible. His only flaw as I see it is that he tends to get stuck on a particular point and pound you over the head with it til you scream, " O.K., I got it, let's move on!".
However, I have to say that I found him to be very believable and credible during the above interview. It was the two hosts of the show that came off as arrogant and patronizing.

My point in my previous point was that the American public, as well as those in the UK and I suspect the rest of the western world, already take UFOs seriously, at least a small majority; this blatant mistreatment of those who are trying to increase public awareness on the subject is only going to increase the percentage of those who believe that the media and world governments are hiding something. At least that's my take on things.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

I disagree. I think Sereda is very credible.

How much of his work have you examined? Have you heard him talking his new-agey crackpot stuff in his books and interviews?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I know a lot of people here like David. Others don't, naturally. This tends to fall on the lines of preconceived beliefs. I don't know what he is like personally. I try to keep an open mind, but I do have problems with some of his conclusions, and therefore I am not comfortable with him representing the community.

During his video with Dan Aykroyd, there is a scene where they describe an object changing course in a rapid instantaneous velocity change. I've watched that video closely, and the objects changing direction appears to be caused by the camera zooming in. Unfortunately, David goes on to describe the 'physics' behind this thing and that is where I lose the ability to take him seriously. He completely misses the connection between the camera zoom at a fixed rate over time, which is evident from the change in view field of the earth in the background, and the apparent velocity of the object in view.

He only shows the event once in the video in an un-cropped format, where you can see the Earth in the background so that you can see the camera zooming as the field of view changes. The change in velocity occurs at the exact moment that the camera starts (or stops, I forget) zooming at a fixed rate over time.

Having once missed this connection, he then repeatedly shows cropped, zoomed-in copies of the object (probably because he wants to focus on the details of the object's shape, not for malicious reasons.) Once cropped, you cannot see the earth or anything else, and from this edited video you cannot be aware that the camera is changing zoom at a constant rate during the new motion, thereby accounting for the change in apparent velocity.

That video, in particular, contains other interesting events that aren't simply explained by things like camera zoom, and that is great. But I want a UFO representative who doesn't fail to see simple geometric connections to camera zoom.

Therefore, having Mr. Sereda be a representative makes me nervous.

We are all entitled to make mistakes, so I don't mind him missing that camera zoom element. Yet, having missed something that clear, I can't help but believe that he misses other things that do not favor his interpretations.
About a year ago I wrote him an email to ask him to help explain to me why what I saw wasn't a correct interpretation. I never got a reply. And again, that makes me nervous. Only because a reasonable explanation as to why I was wrong about the camera zoom would help explain why he believes the apparent velocity shift is actual, when there is a clear correlation between the camera zoom and the apparent velocity change.

If he has been 'contacted' since he was young, he is going to think my perspective is irrelevant. But if you want to convince scientists, you have to account for stuff like this.

On an unrelated note, it is interesting that Fox does a UFO segment at least once a month. Unfortunately, I believe they do this when they are looking for a slight tabloid-shock jolt to their schedule.

Finally, I watched the interview. I think he holds his own well, defends his position, and does a good job of staying on message. So even if I disagree with him on some interpretations, there is a lot of common ground.

Then, at the end of the interview, the 'news man' tells David to be quiet and then shoots David down with a final quip, in typical Fox "News" style.

(Apologies for the multiple edits, as usual)

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
lightseeker,

I agree. And I have to say that having been watching the UFO scene since about 1995, and having read 20+ books on the subject -- I'm currently reading Need to Know by Timothy Good
-- it seems like the world of ufology has felt like it's been on the brink of disclosure for quite some time. My gut feeling, however, tells me that we haven't and we're still not

I know. It's frustrating, isn't it? I have been researching and reading about the ufo phenomena for about 25 years and there have been times when I was almost certain that something was going to happen soon, and then nothing. Also having seen several Unidentified Flying Objects, myself, it's a struggle to stay objective in the face of so much available evidence.

If ET or whomever is operating these craft decide to make themselves known it may be our only true hope of disclosure in the truest sense, as hard as that is to swallow.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That smug bastard on the left needs to be punched in the face. Repeatedly. By me.

"We do not have the smoking gun proof, all we have is B-roll of weather balloons and parachutes *fake laugh*, we don't have any roll of ufo's here."

ROFL he must have just watched their craptastic intro sequence, spliced together using some of the cheesiest Pics and vids I've ever seen. Two of the 1st four images are obviously parachutes. pretty obvious where they are trying to steer public opinion.

Good job by David, kept calm and articulate. His haircut just screams "I'm a crazy person who doesn't get enough sleep!" though.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

EXACTLY. And it looks like many of you have fallen into the trap. Please, please before you support David Sereda, RESEARCH this guy. He is a complete and total nutjob on top of being incredibly biased. Would you really expect anything good to come out of Fox News anyway?

Please use some common sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Postal76

EXACTLY. And it looks like many of you have fallen into the trap. Please, please before you support David Sereda, RESEARCH this guy. He is a complete and total nutjob on top of being incredibly biased. Would you really expect anything good to come out of Fox News anyway?

Please use some common sense.

links please. i would like to find out more on this guy and use my common sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

I disagree. I think Sereda is very credible.

How much of his work have you examined? Have you heard him talking his new-agey crackpot stuff in his books and interviews?

I have his DVD "Evidence: Case for NASA UFOs" and have seen several interviews with him. I think he comes off the way he does because he is one of those "true believers" who feel the need to oversell the UFO pheneomena.
I try to overlook how he presents his informaton and concentrate on the information itself. As far as " new-agey" goes, the same could be said of many other names in the UFO field from Erik Von Daniken to Whitley Strieber but that doesn't mean that they don't have relevant and credible evidence to offer IMO.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just watch these:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

On an unrelated note, it is interesting that Fox does a UFO segment at least once a month. Unfortunately, I believe they do this when they are looking for a slight tabloid-shock jolt to their schedule.

Finally, I watched the interview. I think he holds his own well, defends his position, and does a good job of staying on message. So even if I disagree with him on some interpretations, there is a lot of common ground.

Then, at the end of the interview, the 'news man' tells David to be quiet and then shoots David down with a final quip, in typical Fox "News" style.

Yes, I thought he showed enormous restraint and control given the way he was treated during a very short interview. I also thought the two hosts showed not the slightest bit of real courtesy or respect for their guest; every time one of them would ask him a question they would immediately interrupt his reply with snide comments and derisive remarks, especially that one at the end about "B-roll baloons and parachutes". Just all part and parcel of Fox's "fair and balanced" approach.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weknowyouknow
links please. i would like to find out more on this guy and use my common sense.

It's a shame that you can't be bothered to do your own research, yet you put so much stock in this guy. I guess that's what he feeds off of.

Anyways, start by looking at the thread On to something huge here! (UFO HOAX)

This was clearly a hoax, and labeled as such by the admins. This was originally going to be part of Sereda's new DVD (and it may still have made it in, I'm not sure). Hence why I think he is either strongly biased or a complete fraud.

Next, I invite you to look at the synopsis of his book Face to Face with Jesus Christ. Or you could read it if you want to waste your time. Either way, it's clear that Sereda is a crackpot.

You also have to consider that he thinks just about any NASA video containing a moving dot or dust particle of any kind is evidence of extraterrestrial life. What does that tell you? I don't find his documentary to be particularly convincing.

The following is a quote by Stanton Friedman from www.virtuallystrange.net...

Sereda is a wannabe name-dropper who has
no scientific background, but slings around terminology without
knowing what he is talking about. He gets things wrong very
often as in another piece claiming that a nuclear explosion
produces 200 Million electron volts. That is the energy produced
in one single fission event. Only off by a million billion
billion or so for a bomb.

It is a shame Dan Akroyd has worked with him... I heard his
MUFON talk and have watched a video. Just what we don't need.

SEREDA HAS NO FORMAL EDUCATION IN ANY OF THE PHYSICAL SCIENCES. Take a look at his blog as well. Take a look at almost anything he's ever written. The guy has issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join