It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO recorded by a live cam, Klyuchevskoy Volcano, Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hi. I'm posting this topic to tell those who are interested in the UFO phenomenon that I have discovered what seems to be a pair of UFOs in a classic '45 degree flying mode' accidentally taken by a field camera of the USGS AVO.

data.emsd.iks.ru...

Another picture of what seem to be the same pair of UFOs around the same hour albeit a little bit far from the camera.

data.emsd.iks.ru...

Now I know skeptics are going to say "It's a bird!" I'm not saying it's not a possibility, but I have been looking through these cam for months (I have a third monitor hooked up to my computer with random field cams all over the world) and I have never seen a thing such as this before in this particular cam. When a bird was recorded you can almost make out the shape of the wings and are randomly shaped but these are saucer shaped and ALWAYS in pairs and seem to be flying around within an hour near the volcano then they're gone.

Also I'm going to rule out image compression artefact. I've been looking through this cam for months and I have never seen nothing like this. It is something moving very fast.

So any thoughts and positive discussion welcomed.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Image is hard to make out so I guess its unidentified but my guess is 2 military fighter jets?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A quick glance gave me this first impression.

A pair of Mi24 Hind helicopters in formation, flying away and to the left of the camera, at speed, giving them a nose down attitude.

I can't be 100%, but I assume if it's a regular occurence, that there'd be opportunity to see it again?

Any chance of a direct link to the camera in question please?

Excellent find in any case!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They look like birds to me but ya I could see them being MiG's or some other type of Airforce jets. The picture is'nt really that good either so it could be anything and nothing will come from these pics but speculation if someone saw them and stated they were UFO's I think I would go that way but with just these pics to go with I say man-made or birds.

just my $0.02

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'd say they're ducks. Two ducks.

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It might be an odd question since I know nothing of video cameras, but how come there's no lining on the trees, just the objects, and why precisely 1 pixel high per line?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
I'd say they're ducks. Two ducks.

Seriously.

How could anyone think those look like a helicopter (Rygel o.O) is beyond me. The shapes are fairly indistinct, what interests me is how they appear to be "deinterlaced", showing odd horizontal lines going across. Probably UFO's is my guess.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by ExquisitExamplE]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
Probably UFO's is my guess.

I can verify that they're indeed UFO's.

Because we haven't INDENTIFIED them!

[edit on 3-7-2007 by The Little Penguin]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Probably UFO's is my guess.

what exactly do you mean by that? ive noticed alot people say things like "probably UFOs" when they really mean aliens in spaceships. UFO is unidentified flying object which means it could be anything just not identified.

edit : lol little penguin beat me to it

[edit on 3-7-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

How could anyone think those look like a helicopter (Rygel o.O) is beyond me. The shapes are fairly indistinct, what interests me is how they appear to be "deinterlaced", showing odd horizontal lines going across. Probably UFO's is my guess.

As I said in my previous post, it was my initial impression, and I'm sticking with that. I like to keep an open mind, as I am doing with the Chad drone/CARET stuff, but this to me just screamed helicopters in formation, not necessarily Hinds, it could be Hips (Mi-8). I see a lot of helicopter flights, where I live - we have an Army airbase stationed nearby, and we constantly get overflights of helicopters, the experiences of which, I have used to decipher this image.

Take this image for example....

external image

Now imagine it flying in the opposite direction, away from you, at distance, in formation with another - see how I came to my conclusion?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
It might be an odd question since I know nothing of video cameras, but how come there's no lining on the trees, just the objects, and why precisely 1 pixel high per line?

That has to do with the motion of the objects. If it was a windy day & the trees were in motion you would see lines across the moving branches as well.

I think each frame is obtained by a quick multi-scan of the scene, the lines are interlaced to form the whole image. The 2 objects in question were only in that spot long enough to complete the 1st scan, that's why you see empty sky between the lines.

I have no idea what the objects are, but they were going fairly fast. They do however look similar to something I photographed in Vanuatu in 2004 -- they have the same tilt & shape. I'll be posting a thread regarding this soon.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Judging by the information of the two pictures, they're not actually going that fast if the picture information is anything to go by.

First image gives us a time stamp of 05:12:27 on 03/07/07
Second image gives us a time stamp of 05:41:25 on 03/07/07

So they're still in camera shot in a 30minute timeframe, if the data is correct.

Also, how often does the camera update its image? Every second? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

Anyhow, 30 minutes and the objects are still in view....

I doubt that helicopters on a flightpath would stay in view that long.
Making observations of the volcano area perhaps? Strange that they'er using 2 helicopters.

Interesting.....

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I see absolutely nothing.

Can someone please circle the UFOs in particular? I've looked over both images numerous times and see nothing unusual. Nothing at all. And it seems like I am the only one...I feel kinda dumbfounded.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I cant see anything myself, and thought it was just me too.

All I see is grey clouds and a treeline.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The images must have gotten switched or something. I don't see anything unusual either.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Same here i cant see anything at all

did anyone copy the pics to their hdd?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The timestamps for the linked images match what RigelUK referenced, yet there's nothing there. Is this a joke or something?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi yuefo,

This is not a "joke" thread / post.

The webcam has simply refreshed and the image(s) are no longer there.

Let's hope a member saved the images.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It didn't sound like it was, but the thing I don't understand is, the time stamps match what Rygel refers to, and he seems to have seen them.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i cant believe you used the live feed as your picture evidence.
how can you be so sure it was a UFO when you clearly have no understanding of simple technology.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join