It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Justin Oldham Reviews "Live Free or Die Hard"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
PODcast:

Justin Oldham Reviews "Live Free or Die Hard"

Movie review and a discussion of the film's social, political and conspiracy implications.

length: 10:04
file: btstpod_2377.mp3
size: 1180k
feed: btst

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So compared to all the other Die Hards, would you think this is the best or worst? How does it compare to Die Hard 3 and 2?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My rankings...

1. Die Hard
2. Live Free or Die Hard
3. Die Hard: With a Vengeance
4. Die Hard 2: Die Harder

I thought Live Free or Die Hard was a good time. Not the best movie, but I didn't feel ripped off, which is rare nowadays.

Although Die Hard: With a Vengeance is number three, I don't think Live Free or Die Hard is significantly better, just enough to edge it out at number two.

On the flip side, Die Hard 2 is significantly worse than Die Hard: With a Vengeance.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think we can call agree that Die Hard 2 is the worst of the four.

This movie did meet my expectations. I'd have to rank it as:

1. Die Hard 3
2. Live Free
3. Die Hard
4. Gigli
5. Die Hard 2

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

1. Die Hard 3
2. Live Free
3. Die Hard
4. Gigli
5. Die Hard 2

You really rank Die Hard 3 and Live Free above the original?

Man...I don't know...the original was almost perfect when it comes to action movies.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's a good movie....

What's a Fire Sale? Its a three step systematic attack on the entire national infrastructure.

Step 1.
Take out all the transportation

Step2
Finacial base and telecoms

Step3
Get rid of all the utilities, gas, water, electric, nuclear, pretty much anything run by computers.

If you think about it, this has already happened on a much grander scale in Iraq and still around the world. As for here in the U.S. there are geographic dispersion of control in our infrastructure that are designed for government survivability. If someone from one these control points where pissed at the government, a little skillfull planning could decapitate us all without much trouble.

The real Live free Die Hard's
Ed & Elaine

[edit on 3-7-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Die hard 3 is the best, hands down. I think Samuel Jackson made a better side kick than Justin Long, because Jackson actually did want to fight the bad guys. He, like McLane took a beating and still got up to fight.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Die hard 3 is the best, hands down. I think Samuel Jackson made a better side kick than Justin Long, because Jackson actually did want to fight the bad guys. He, like McLane took a beating and still got up to fight.

Two completely different types of characters though. Long and Jackson as like, oil and water, as far as what the purpose of their characters were. 3 wouldn't have worked had Jackon's character not been that way, 4 wouldn't have worked had Long's character not been his way.

I don't think it's fair to compare side kick to side kick, because in 3 Jackson made the dynamic more Riggs and Murdoch than a true side kick.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Haven't seen Live Free yet, but my ranking for the first three:

1. Die Hard

2. Die Hard 3

3. Die Hard 2

I gotta say, 1 and 3 are pretty close for me. The first one wins because the villian Hans Gruber, played by Alan Rickman, was probably my favorite villian out of the three. Good times.

Die Hard 3, like Die Hard 1, was non-stop action with some really cool twists added in. Jackson gave an awesome performance here in my book.

I'll check out 4 this week and sounds like I may have to update my rankings.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I do like DH4 better than the third one. the story hange together better ,and the situations...in spite of the fighter jet...are things I can relate to just a little bit more. If this review format goes over wll, I may do it again.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
If this review format goes over wll, I may do it again.

So does this mean you will be at the theater more often?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'd think about going to the movies more often when I can review a film that is germain to ATS. If I do review anything on DVD, I will say that's how I saw it. I'm hoping that the text and podcast "sandwich" goes over well. If not, I will at least know that I tried.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Over here in the UK, this movie is known as Die Hard 4.0. I guess the American title is a little too gung ho for our tastes.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I like a good rough-cut hero who can take a beating and still keep on being a fly in the ointment. This film makes it clear that we can be up against a lot of spit, but we can still fight back.

top topics

join