It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 303
<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

and yes, honestly i was a little surprised by number's comment to look for evidence of compositing instead of perspective issues.

But would they really look that hard for it?
img341.imageshack.us...
img144.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well I was just banned 'over there' apparantly for asking Nemo (the newest Mod at OM, can you say conflict of interest???) why the DRT has not used some of their assets to have a proper photo analysis done. They repeatedly rip on the CGI experts and their conclusions but spend their time chasing false leads that will keep this hoax a mystery and therefore alive in their minds. It really is sad (for UFOlogy)...and funny at the same time!!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey, I've also had the honor to be called a déboulo-whatever on OVNIS (not to mention an idiot by Lev)--what do I win??

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by s_q_t
Hey, I've also had the honor to be called a déboulo-whatever on OVNIS (not to mention an idiot by Lev)--what do I win??

You get a free membership to OVNI, you get to marry another dude and you are now officially allowed to wear panty hose and pointy shoes. Congrats.

See, now here's someone who knows I was dead serious in standing up for the drone proponents. I wasn't play acting to get access, was I SQT? I kind of wish I were, now. It would be a much better story than explaining I was hoodwinked for a while.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheShadow

I see they locked the thread but you were banned for that?? Are you sure it was for that post? I need to be sure on this.

Once again the logic applied that the DRT should go hire experts to produce a thorough analysis is swept aside because "my expert will do it for free".

I hope this isn't indicative of a policy with OM because if it is I see a lot of misery coming for everyone involved. I wouldn't strap my horse to this cart if it was the last horse on Earth...

For the 10 millionth time and last - my expert didn't write up his analysis and even though he said he was still interested he's continued to fail to do so. All he's done is offer a few opinions via email which were forwarded to the DRT a long time ago.

Here's a suggestion..

Stop trying to make a fire out of nothing and go work on rebuilding your credibility. Release the evidence being withheld, hire analysts, do your own work and make the damn case if it's so strong. If you don't, others are going to make a very strong case against you and should that case get media exposure you're finished. Maybe that would be just considering the things I've seen them do lately.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
hahahaha SQT welcome the the Debonnaires club as I call it, or the debullion (i still can't pronounce it) club as they call it (it might mean double Chits ) . Yes Didier could not take I guess, Your analysis was like Casey at the CIA, and Bush did not want to here that. Hes says WMD, then its WMD. Remember Colin Powell, poor guy, went to UN with those silly Cartoon pictures, of trains. Thats what they want. The appearance something . The only serious one I see was SP. My god this is incredible.
I hope someone is filming us , because its so unreal, no one will believe, intelligent people act like that. (but they do, sadly)
All of us seem to have the Footprint on our behinds when we get close to truth, or present the truth. No dishonor in that. Shad, you have one boot print on each cheek, OUCH !so we must give you special award .a promotion. we will think of something! like a Croix du Derrier or something
In no time you will be a General!
There is house cleaning going on. They have a new phase.=, and we have impeached their witnesses they propped up. They cannot do it with all of us there. This is all very suspicious. But it is very hard for them now as issue is almost dead, and we are all here ready to pounce. So they worry.
Monitor mufon and Nuforc boards for seeding. You will know it as soon as you see it. In the end This is not about the pictures, its about the people, and if you have 50 50 pictures, and 0 people, and worse, lying people. Then you will have nothing . It is a multipler effect, not additive property. and 0 x 50/50 is always 0.

They should worry.
Again welcome all.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
info's song of the day:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nfotech

Yes it was for what was posted in the now locked thread. The only warning i received was from Mod Nemo.....I violated none of their rules and was banned, as far as i can tell, for asking a simple question. Why OM would make the leader of the DRT a mod is beyond me, why they would allow him to ban anyone that doesnt agree with him is also beyond me...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nfotech

Yes As far as i can tell I was banned for what i wrote in the now locked thread! I have a hard time understanding why the OM staff would make the leader of the DRT disinfo team a moderator with the power to ban anyone that does not agree with their point of view. These people are doing no justice to the UFO community and the damage they are causing will put 60 years worth of effort by serious researchers back to square one. Between the DRT and LMH UFOlogy is in serious trouble!!! Now we will never be taken seriously! Perhaps thats what all this has been about!!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfotech
See, now here's someone who knows I was dead serious in standing up for the drone proponents. I wasn't play acting to get access, was I SQT? I kind of wish I were, now. It would be a much better story than explaining I was hoodwinked for a while.

Absolutely--I can definitely say that back around the time when we were discussing 45letters' conclusion that one of the Ty photos was "authentic," you were, IMO, very sincere in standing up for the drone proponents--and this was in private conversation, as well as openly on the board. I haven't really been keeping up with things as much as I should, I guess... is the DRT now claiming that you were playacting in order to get access?? Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your ban, shads. I also can't understand how someone with such a clear agenda could be given mod status with the ability to ban members over there...
How that is supposed to encourage discussion is beyond me. Sad.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by s_q_t

Go back and read the last 3 pages or so of this thread, it'll blow your mind.

Shad - I've sent an email asking for clarification on your ban as well as certain other recent events. I don't see why you should be banned for posting a skeptical POV in a dedicated skeptics thread. I notice the DRT is allowed to post their POV in that same thread.

I'm starting to notice that anytime mention of a book or media deal is made the thread is locked. I guess it's a subject with bad juju on it or perhaps a sensitive topic?

I agree this case and it's handling have the potential to damage ufology. Imagine the fallout should the perpetrator show up on TV tomorrow, laughing about how gullible those UFO nuts are. We are not powerless though. If the DRT and friends can use the media to present their case then so can we.....

It would be a huge mistake on their part to assume there is no interest in an expose'. I'm finding quite a few parties are sick of this charade and want to see a clear, logical reporting of the facts.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CFandM

and yes, honestly i was a little surprised by number's comment to look for evidence of compositing instead of perspective issues.

But would they really look that hard for it?
img341.imageshack.us...
img144.imageshack.us...

Nice work! CF

Looks like good evidence to me, wonder how DRT will explain that away?

================================================

Wow...I missed a lot over here in just a few days.

Shads, I agree with you, your punishment was harsh.

Numbers has provoked Jed, AN ADMIN plenty of times...your posts came no where near the level of that disrespect. And yet these provoking posts by DRT are not discouraged in any visible way...what's up with that?

I don't believe the staff at OM are covering up anything, with regards to LMH, but if you look at the Pony and Manure thread...there is a reference to the rules that OM plays by. Speculation on my part.

It was right to lock the thread...it has gotten ugly.

DRT should be ignored, they are just provoking, it is pointless to respond.

You can't reason with obviously irrational cultists.

They seem to think disclosure/truth can be built on lies, and they only confirming that disclosure will be anything but the truth. They are the REAL disinfo agents IMO.

Some folks will believe anything

They should be ignored manually, here, there and everywhere.

Hard to do but please people, rise above the gutter they attempt to drag you into.

Tomi's role is nothing more than an ugly attack dog....she has offered nothing but attacks in weeks, maybe months.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by murnut]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

"Every single legitimate, credentialed expert I have discussed the "drones" with who has looked at these images has labeled them CGI, these drones only exist in computers, this CRAP is a HOAX."

That may be the case but then that's part of the problem.

An expert's opinion remains only that in the absence of any examinable evidence, and therefore we currently remain ignorant.

In this case the opinions are also second hand, I'll take your word but why should others, generally most ATS threads place a greater burden of proof.

If there is compelling evidence relating to one or more pictures cannot one of the experts provide a more detailed opinion, even better irrefutable proof that a picture could only have been created a specific way ?

I know, why should they spend valuable time doing this when it's obvious.

This is the largest thread in this section, probably the most detailed "story" of it's type to surface and the principles to be applied relate to any "UFO" event, whether real or not or past, present and future.

If that's not enough can't they be paid for their time, can the ARC receive some funding ?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Holy Moly! What a bunch of sick puppies. Like Springer said, he can't ban someone just for coming here repeatedly and making a flaming ass of herself. Of course you can get banned at OM for asking the "wrong" question, or just not putting up with flagrant BS. My Judge Judy "screenplay" got me a pre-emptive banning, even though as it turned out I went easy on the DRT. I have not wasted more than half an hour at OM since I left in the wake of the disgraceful episode with the Mufon guy. I am still embarrassed to have even been in the neighborhood when that shameful business took place.

There really isn't any point in trying to reason with those fools. We must pay nominal attention to their silly rants in order to do our work here, but it's really kind of painful to look at. Engaging them is a lot like arguing with the drunk at the end of the bar. You are going to hear the same nonsense every time.

Now I must point out that my recent comments about drone believers have been aimed squarely at the "religious" contingent. That is, the people for whom belief is a matter of faith, and not to be questioned. I would hate for my comments and similar comments from others here to make it more difficult for people who have been taken in by the hoax to cut their losses and move on, for fear of being called a fool or an idiot. This was a clever hoax, and not everyone has the courage to do as nfotech has done and openly admit to being "hoodwinked." I started out thinking there was a fair chance some part of the drone thing might be real, but the house of cards soon fell. It's the ones who have made too big an emotional investment in their opinions who cannot deal with the reality of the situation. I'd feel sorry for them, but they make that pretty hard with their attitudes and their reprehensible tactics. Shame on them!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfotech
reply to post by s_q_t

Go back and read the last 3 pages or so of this thread, it'll blow your mind.

Shad - I've sent an email asking for clarification on your ban as well as certain other recent events. I don't see why you should be banned for posting a skeptical POV in a dedicated skeptics thread. I notice the DRT is allowed to post their POV in that same thread.

I'm starting to notice that anytime mention of a book or media deal is made the thread is locked. I guess it's a subject with bad juju on it or perhaps a sensitive topic?

I agree this case and it's handling have the potential to damage ufology. Imagine the fallout should the perpetrator show up on TV tomorrow, laughing about how gullible those UFO nuts are. We are not powerless though. If the DRT and friends can use the media to present their case then so can we.....

It would be a huge mistake on their part to assume there is no interest in an expose'. I'm finding quite a few parties are sick of this charade and want to see a clear, logical reporting of the facts.

Just for the record Infotech, there isn't any insinuation that you have made in your recent posts about us that have any credibility what-so-ever. If you want the DRT et al to have you up for libel, then start your contacting and campaigning .. we hope you are well insured.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by tomiuk]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm a huge fan of this thread but it's over 300 pages long and it's easy to get lost about what has happened! What are DRT and OM? Is there anywhere that there is a short concise synopsis of the two sides?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tomiuk

I guess we'll see then, won't we. I don't frighten easy, dear. I would think you would have learned better than to keep pushing me. The parts of this case which are public record are more than enough. I know you can't see that but trust me, everyone else will.

Is it nice in that little fantasy world you live in? Do they serve tea there? With every post you slip further and further into weird...

I'd love to hear what insinuations you think are actionable. I live in America where we still have some form of free speech.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by nfotech]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I just found the entire Om thread i smell smoke in the TY thread floating on the internet and saved it . Ihas all those nice perspective analysis that Marv sqt and others were working on . It even has Numbers incessant whining every time a pont was made. .I put it in my comments section right after Cfs note on blotched cut and paste..

For the record ,so we can prent the wedgie being attempted by others on us, is there any concievable reason why gi and composting are mutually exclusive? Ima a layman, but I have read enough here and there , as well as looked into the Videos that Thieery speth did in the moon hoax, to understand, that is a common thing when the goal is verasimilitude as Engineertype stated. And we have a good idea of who Engineertype was. ie the goal was realism. The moon hoax tapes with the lovely clay alien with boobs part of the apollo 20 mission. He is a photographer and did most of his work in France, metz and lorraine, on the iron smelters and very very moonlike residues in the landscape. Items I am sure he made good use of in the hoax. He is an artist and author after all.

I wish Jim, that nice man who Ivo brung in, to kill the lap and save the drones was here. he could telly you what its like at one of those plants. After all, he said he was VP at a smelting plant too. See? we have iron Angels helping us. So he and Thierry would I am sure agree with me.
Thats why we need to be in agreement not to follow the one or other avenue of thought. I feel IMO its fruitless and we would be limiting ourselves. We have a chimera here. with snips and snails and puppy dog tails, with a dash of spice and everything nice.
This hoax is one of many to come. Its just one small skrmish in a flood. All we can do is raise the bar for them, not lower it as others wishes to do.
Continue checking the comments for things I drop in, as you may need them, as no telling just how much of a backup OM can restore.

Mi casa es su casa
Good Luck

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourrolemodel
What are DRT and OM?

You can read about the Drone Research Team (DRT) here droneteam.com... (droneteam.com).

OM is the Open Minds Forum (openmindsforum.com).

new topics

top topics

<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join