It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs & Aliens: The TV Evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am a film/tv producer and director,
and recently, I have noticed random friends
and associates in the business talking about
how much more programming they've noticed,
both newly produced and broadcasted,
that deals with the subjects of UFOs and Aliens.

Now, surely, this could be attributable to what
programmers simply perceive as fashionable,
but I took some time the other day, using
the search function for my Digital Cable,
and I was a bit surprised at what I found.

For example-

Yesterday, on the HISTORY CHANNEL, the entire-
and I mean ENTIRE, day's programming was
devoted to UFOs, Aliens, the idea of 2012 (which I thought
no one on TV had dealt with yet), and general End Times.

One after the other.

So I watched a little of a few programs.

What I saw- and heard- surprised me even more.

Since I am on ATS, naturally I am inetersted in such things,
and I have seen my share of UFO shows.

But when I watched yesterday, something was very different.

In all shows I ever saw about Aliens, UFO or Alien tech,
they are careful, like a newspaper that uses the word 'allegedly',
to always use the verb "may" when referring to, well, any assertion.

Aliens "may" use anti-gravity, and some such...

In yesterday's shows, all I heard was "is"- not a "may" in sight.

Aliens use anti-gravity to fly their ships... that was yesterday's line.

Over and over again- like it was a primer, like someone is teaching us
the basics.

Desensitizing us for what is coming?

So...

Is the goivernment running programming at certain cable outlets?

Or are they in the production biz, making these shows and simply
selling them to broadcasters that are not in collusion with them?

The question:

WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN ON TV recently that seems to corroberate what the
"gov insider" in another thread has said about disclosure or visitation or impending "BlueBeam" actions...

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
well it could indeed be a sign of something really big coming and i actually appreciate such a development if it would be used in order to 'prepare' us for the real thing. but otherwise it could mean 'nothing' and in case was just made for commercial purposes etc. i think we should all wait one more month in order to see whether something will happen related to the ultimate disclosure or not. there are a lot of predictions going around right now and this thread will definitely help to keep the 'excitement' imo!

edit: in fact i'm from germany and i only have cnn and sometimes the discovery channel. that's all i get from your country hehe
haven't seen something there so far. but on the other side we have a lot of scifi-stuff on our own tv channels like 4400 / Taken / Invasion / Surface which are all US-productions as far as i know!
the channel which broadcasts these series is called: ProSieben take a look if you want, but don't ask for words! haha

[edit on 25/6/07 by EBE154]

[edit on 25/6/07 by EBE154]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
tell-a-vision
programming

so yeah... I remember a show from back in the days called, 'V'.

"....They came to Earth, disguised as friends. But instead, they took our water and our people for food. But there is a Resistance... to save our people and our planet."

then there was the movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper called, 'They Live'.

The story is both science fiction and black comedy, dealing satirically with the perceived notion of a declining economy and the culture of greed and conspicuous consumption associated with the 1980s. It posits a world in which some of the monied elite or the yuppies are in fact aliens seeking to oppress the poverty-stricken lower classes through subliminal advertising in the media.

John Nada (Roddy Piper) is a homeless laborer who falls in with a group of shantytown rebels who have invented special sunglasses that enable the wearer to see past the façade the aliens have constructed to prevent their detection. One of the film’s memorable scenes occurs when Piper’s character dons the glasses for the first time, and notices that a billboard for what appears to be a computer company now simply displays the word “OBEY,” while another billboard featuring a bikini-clad model urges the viewer to “MARRY AND REPRODUCE.” He also sees that money bears the words “THIS IS YOUR GOD.” The messages are subliminal, causing people to become complacent about solving social problems, spend money, stay in debt, remain employed, and increase the population.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

"gov insider" in another thread has said about disclosure or visitation or impending "BlueBeam" actions...

Peter Jennings doing a prime time UFO special shortly before he passed away.

He went non-stop covering the 9-11 events live and for that he is a personal hero of mine. He was, in my eyes, the most trusted face in news and a real American.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms
the basics.

Each network has its own editorial slant on the subject, and some are more interested in disclaimers and debunking than others. The National Geographic Channel, for instance, it very good at presenting interesting positive evidence, then finishing up the program by giving the last word to a debunker, who shows how it "could" be explained by something mundane (although showing what a UFO could have been in no way proves that it WAS that mundane thing). The History Channel tends not to do so much debunking.

UFO shows are popular among men. A few women, but mostly geeky men and boys with some interest in science or science fiction. They're a nice niche-market program to put on that doesn't cost a lot of money but tells an interesting story. And they generally don't go out of date, like with a hot news story. It targets a group of guys who like technical gadgets and who also have some spare income to throw around.

No, I don't think anybody's preparing us for anything. It's just summer and more people are out at night, looking at the stars. The cable channels are regulated by the government, but aside from the NASA and CSPAN channels, they don't really control content. That's done by viewership and ratings and advertising in the open market.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i saw one of the specials on the history channel when it was new last summer. it was the 'black box' special, featuring conversations from black boxes that were in airplanes that the pilot claimed to have seen ufo's.

by far the best example given was a conversation taken from 2 black boxes where there were pilots claiming to see a huge UFO and they contacted NORAD. NORAD confirmed the anomaly on the black box conversation but denied it in the newspaper the following day.

on a personal note, i have only ever met one person to have claimed they saw a UFO first hand. this person told me his story at least a year before this was released, so he could not possibly have derived his story from this incident. His UFO was almost identical to the one described by both pilots and the NORAD operator.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've got a thread I started about this very thing before, but it never took off. Here it is...hope it adds to the discussion.

TV Helping Disclosure?

In the above Link, I've had a few post that makes me agree with what you are saying. The History Channel is the one channel that makes me think the most about it. These UFO shows ARE on a HISTORY Channel. Everyone associates History to be factual. You associate things in History to be real because, of course, it already happened. If you see something on the History Channel, one would be more inclined to believe whats viewed there to be real IMO.

I'm sure Schuyler will give you his 2 cents on this issue as well. haha He's replied to just about all of my posts about this. I still believe TV is being hugely used as a tool to make the public more aware if ET.

A new show aired on Primetime last week I believe about Roswell. I think it was a 2 hour show. New angles, new evidence. It was one I haven't see before and I thought I've seen them ALL. Four or five times even. This one was new. Like the Dan Rather special a couple of years ago. Primetime used to never waist their time with such things, until now. Hmmm

Now we have this GhostRaven saying something will happen at the end of July to early Aug. It does seem to me they stepped up the ET exposure on TV as of the past couple of years.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I agree Quazi...

Let's think about-

TV is the Everyman Medium- not books, not the Net...

More and more shows, both fictional and factual,
conditioning us for aliens to appear.

I mean- come on- the biggest problem with disclosure
or visitation is PANIC and the stoppage of work-
so by this conditioning, we may all say-
Oh no big deal- I knew it all along...

AND THAT'S WHY...

That is why the gov. is carefully TIMING the disclosure...

They are WAITING until we have been spoonfed our Conditioning Meal.

HDF/TPM

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh, and one other thing...

Most films that are made- and TV production-
are financed by end-sources that reveal institutional identities-
major hedge funds, for example.

To the extent that you believe that there is a NWO, and Illuminati
or Bilderberger Superstructure on top of world finance,
and therefore in control of hedge fund billions, then YES-

it is possible ALL OF WHAT YOU SEE ON TV
is in fact THE FRONT LINE- the penultimate propaganda tool-
of the Unseen Culture World War waged between the masses and elite.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

the basics.

So...

Is the government running programming at certain cable outlets?

Or are they in the production biz, making these shows and simply
selling them to broadcasters that are not in collusion with them?

I kinda thought years ago that the government might be getting people ready for something big, maybe disclosure. Now I believe there are so many shows on UFOs because it is just a popular subject, no more no less.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
I'm sure Schuyler will give you his 2 cents on this issue as well. haha He's replied to just about all of my posts about this. I still believe TV is being hugely used as a tool to make the public more aware if ET.

Oh my God! I just accidentally found this! What with this August ET flap going on right now hardly anything else is!

Yeah, I DID post on his thread a coupla times. I noticed the Discovery channel has been doing a bunch of "UFO Files" stuff, but the problem is, they are all old files! I'm not seeing anything new. It looks like they are just recycling old stuff. I set my DVR to record anything with "UFO" in the title, then have to go through and erase the files because I've seen them all. So I'd like to see some new stuff, not another, "Kenneth Arnold, while piloting his plane near Mr. Rainer, Washington, saw several flying disks he described like saucers skipping over water, and that's where the term 'flying saucer' originated!" Wow. Thanks for that. Wake me when you've got something new.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
\

Schuyler

I hear you,
but the new HISTORY CHANNEL
UFO and Alien doc programs
have all been produced...

this year, 2007.

I know they have new material in them,
as I, like you, am I student hungry for new things to digest.

HDF

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

He went non-stop covering the 9-11 events live and for that he is a personal hero of mine. He was, in my eyes, the most trusted face in news and a real American.

'Cept he was Canadian!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Seems to me that there is a little preperation work going on here. Mostly in a broad brush kind of way.

That being said, anyone notice how many shows were on these same channels back in August 2001 about Afghanistan? I also notice that shows about Iran are surfacing with more regularity. Then again it could be my imagination.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have noticed that the history channel has been playing a lot of space and ufo related shows. I actually just watched "A history of aliens in the U.S." this morning. Maybe they really are preparing us for something because usually the history channel has war, and ancient time shows on.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

the basics.

Each network has its own editorial slant on the subject, and some are more interested in disclaimers and debunking than others. The National Geographic Channel, for instance, it very good at presenting interesting positive evidence, then finishing up the program by giving the last word to a debunker, who shows how it "could" be explained by something mundane (although showing what a UFO could have been in no way proves that it WAS that mundane thing). The History Channel tends not to do so much debunking.

UFO shows are popular among men. A few women, but mostly geeky men and boys with some interest in science or science fiction. They're a nice niche-market program to put on that doesn't cost a lot of money but tells an interesting story. And they generally don't go out of date, like with a hot news story. It targets a group of guys who like technical gadgets and who also have some spare income to throw around.

No, I don't think anybody's preparing us for anything. It's just summer and more people are out at night, looking at the stars. The cable channels are regulated by the government, but aside from the NASA and CSPAN channels, they don't really control content. That's done by viewership and ratings and advertising in the open market.

way to make sweeping generalizations about people interested in ufos. i actually sat down with my granparents last week and watched a history channel show about aliens. they are in their 80's. after it was over we talked about it. even my friends mom is interested in that stuff, and she is super hot. i think you are very mistaken on "who" is interested the alien subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

I on the other hand think the government uses the media to it's own ends.
Remember the run up to the Iraq war? Blatant propaganda on the major networks and cable stations. For a government to NOT use and control the media to some extent is what makes no sense.

Yes ratings, advertising and open market forces play a part in programing, but when it really matters about the attitudes of the citizens; they a take a back seat to the power brokers.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hello,
You may have seen many of the new UFO documentary that are widely broadcast.
But I wonder if you have seen this old documentary about UFO: UFO's - It Has Begun(Rod Serling, Jacques Vallee).
I have find more interesting stuff in old documentary then actually new one...for the simple reason that back then they where not really sure how to deal with this phenomena and used they reporters skills like for any news mean stream program that resulted to some great work.

Ciao

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobotMonster

Originally posted by Spoodily

'Cept he was Canadian!

Like I said, a real American.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Yeah, I DID post on his thread a coupla times. I noticed the Discovery channel has been doing a bunch of "UFO Files" stuff, but the problem is, they are all old files! I'm not seeing anything new. It looks like they are just recycling old stuff. I set my DVR to record anything with "UFO" in the title, then have to go through and erase the files because I've seen them all. So I'd like to see some new stuff

My whole point to the TV thing has nothing to do with NEW UFO stuff. Why does it have to be NEW? Most people haven't seen the OLD stuff yet. That's who "they" want to see it, not people like us that have always watched UFO shows. Producing new stuff helps, but why produce more when you have old shows. Less money and time spent. The new shows are for people like us that want new info. You gotta see the reasoning in that Schuyler.

You said yourself that its the old shows playing. I agree. And it's playing more often!!! More often means MORE eyes see it. See what I'm getting at? Besides a stray jacket? haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join