It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worm-like creature near ISS on NASA TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When the sock shimmers at 54 0r 55 seconds the blinking piece of ice does the same thing at the same time. I think that is a video anomaly.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
When the sock shimmers at 54 0r 55 seconds the blinking piece of ice does the same thing at the same time. I think that is a video anomaly.

earth, are there any on-line video's showing the same kind of video anomaly that you are talking about here from a previous trip and undocking??

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

What about the direction change and speed change? Forget the blinking and shimmer, can you see the object move to the faster speed?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
First, it seems to me that some people have a preconcieved notion in their mind and didn't watch the video very closely.

Second, Does anyone on this board ever e-mail anyone at NASA to ask what they say it is.

It doesn't look like it was ejected from the space station. Watch the second version of the video that Pie and Chips posted.

Who's to say that a space worm could control their movement? Maybe they tumble through space for millenia at a time before interacting with something else. Or maybe you all have way more experience with space worms than I do.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

earth, are there any on-line video's showing the same kind of video anomaly that you are talking about here from a previous trip and undocking??

Im just saying it looks like the video goes a little haywire at that time, it kinda flickers. And to me it looks like both objects flicker at the same time which accounts for the weird movement.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That can't possibly be real. There are no stars! It was done in a studio on Earth. There is no space station the radiation would kill the occupants! The fact there are no stars definitely proves the space station is fake!

I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm quiting smoking and I could not control myself. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

OK, I feel better now.

Looks like debris. I'm going to agree that the debris does not go behind anything and in fact blends in with the bright white background.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
Well, the OP uses the words "worm" and "creature" in the subject line, which means that the thing on the video is alive.

No it actually means that the OP believes it to be so. Just like you believe it to be trash. We all have minds here and are able to recognize opinions just like you.

You see, by reading the words in the subject line you're supposed to orient your mind toward, "I'm seeing a creature," rather than, "I'm seeing some tumbling trash."

You mean just like your doing?

And of course we know that the OP wouldn't have used "creature" rather than "thing" unless he had really good solid evidence that the thing was a CREATURE and not a THING.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a creature is a thing......is it not???? I believe that would be a noun. Possibly a pronoun, either way its a thing.

So, anyone have that evidence? Anyone? Anyone?

Yeah its right next to the evidence that says its trash.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I watched the footage that was posted on youtube, which shows this 'worm' like thing appear before it crosses view with the station, still moving in the same trajectory, so I don't see how it would have been ejected at that point. Secondly...what kind of space junk could that possibily be? I would like to see some example of space junk like that. Doesn't NASA have procedures about what and when space junk is ejected?
The shining object is difficult to decipher, the slight variations in speed can also be due to frame skipping. And at the quality it is presented it is also difficult to determine if it went across the back or the front of the station.
Interesting stuff nonetheless..

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

Originally posted by yuefo
More here than meets the eye for sure. 30 seconds in, what's that flashing object entering the frame from the left and traveling to the top? Ice crystal? Oops, it goes behind the station.

No it doesn't. It passes over/under the station on a really really bright white part of the station. You think it goes behind because you prefer to believe that the object is big. The video shows no such thing.

No it doesn't. The object on the upper left hand of the screen passes under the station. Semantics..Who cares if it goes under or over...WHAT WAS IT?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I watched the footage that was posted on youtube, which shows this 'worm' like thing appear before it crosses view with the station, still moving in the same trajectory, so I don't see how it would have been ejected at that point. Secondly...what kind of space junk could that possibily be? I would like to see some example of space junk like that. Doesn't NASA have procedures about what and when space junk is ejected?

Its a Win Dixie plastic bag, the Astronauts stopped off there before boarding the shuttle to pick up a bottle of Vodka for the Cosmonauts.
Seriously though, in my opinion, whatever it is does appear to float behind the station.

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
As laiguana said, the "worm" is visible on the YouTube video before it gets to the ISS. I'm not pretending to know what it is, though. It does look like a worm, but that'd be pretty strange.

As for the lights, maybe they're satellites? You have to keep in mind, that camera view shows a very very very tiny portion of that general area of space. It could have been a satellite orbiting the Earth, but due to the great distance, which is pretty easy in space, or the possible poor long distance quality of the camera, all it showed were blinking/flashing lights. Both of the "UFO's" appear to be traveling in a straight line, but again, you have to picture just how massive space is. At a great distance, a typical orbit may look like a straight trajectory for a little bit depending on your vantage point.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The only proper way to evaluate these images is by analyzing
the original high resolution footage sequence captured from
NASA signal directly from satellite. Forget YouTube, Disclose
or Google etc. They are extremely low resolution compressed
to flash format resulting in a very poor quality of the original
pixels, good just for entertainment but not for professional
investigation.

I receive NASA satellite signal directly and got this sequence as
well as many others in high resolution DVD quality. Therefore
after making a professional analysis to this footage I'm in the
position to say without any doubt the worm shaped object was
large and passed behind the ISS. The flashing objects also
passed behind the solar panels and the ISS.

Therefore they were not ice crystals like the confused lady from
NASA said to the press. They were ufos. About the worm shaped
object NASA did not concluded anything because they cancelled
the announced press conference where they were going to release
the results of their image analysis. NASA image experts certainly
found those objects were indeed around the ISS in a unexpected
activity transmitted live by the Atlantis tv camera.

So don't get confused by the poor images at YouTube etc.
This was a real headache for NASA who at the end escaped by
the backdoor.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A question for those who believe that the objects are closer to the
Atlantis camera than they are to the ISS:

If a video camera is focused on an object that is distant, wouldn't
objects that are close to the camera be not only blurry, but pass
through the field of view very quickly? If you're looking at the
moon through binoculars and a jet flys between you and the moon,
it zips right past. But if an object were to pass close to the moon,
you'd see it for a much longer period of time. We see each of the
UFOs in this video (and particularly the longer version in the other
thread) for several seconds.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
@free_spirit

Looking forward to your analysis!!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Therefore after making a professional analysis to this footage I'm in the
position to say without any doubt...

And that's where I stopped listening. What are you credentials for video analysis?

Originally posted by carewemust
If you're looking at the
moon through binoculars and a jet flys between you and the moon,
it zips right past. But if an object were to pass close to the moon,
you'd see it for a much longer period of time.

But if you're watching a butterfly, or say, an ice crystal, it could very well move quite slowly.

As for the better quality footage, it shows quite clearly what appears to be a rigid, twisted object floating in between the camera and the ISS. It's not moving or slithering or waving, it's just a twisted shape spiraling through space. It could be anything. It's most likely debris. As for the shining objects moving upwards, I've no idea. Probably ice though. Forgive me, but I just can't see the otherworldly technological might of a spacefaring civilization manifesting itself as a barely distinguishable blinking pixel.

[edit on 22/6/2007 by Thousand]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here's another interesting video of a worm like object. Apparently Shuttle pilot Storey Musgrave has seen this object on two different shuttle missions and still doesn't know what to make of it.

youtube.com... Nasa Worm
www.thewhyfiles.net... Nasa videos

Storey Musgrave interview and footage.

www.thewhyfiles.net...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
After watching the videos concerned, it appears the "worm" is a long way from the space station....

As to what it is, I honestly cant say...Yes, it does look like a "worm", but without being able to work out a scale for the thing, I'm prepared to let it slide and concentrate on other things

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The worm is clearly a mars bar wrapper - though it could be a twix, it's too close to call.

The flickering object is more interesting because of the sudden acceleration - but I suspect previous poster(s) are right, that it's just debris the flickering down to rotating between a shiny and matte surface from the PoV of the camera.

Or both worm and tinsel are aliens. How disappointing it would be, we spend all our lives hoping for giant insectoids with flashing eyes and crashing mandibles, and all we get from our alient intelligent life forms are worms and mars bar wrappers.

Typical.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by koenw
Is it me or does that just look like the ISS dumped some garbage.
It seems to come out of the space station itself.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand
Forgive me, but I just can't see the otherworldly technological might of a spacefaring civilization manifesting itself as a barely distinguishable blinking pixel.

Then maybe should try thinking out of the box a little and stop presuming what alien technology might or might not look at. I'm not saying you shouldn't qusetion things, I just mean don't have preconcieved notions based on what you already assume is "normal".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join