It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Public Washroom Rant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Man, I don't like these washrooms. Like that 1-ply toilet paper they have in there. You can see through it a bit! I don't think I want to use toilet paper I can see through. If you can see through it who know what'll happen when you.....use it. I always fold it before I use it.

...And then I'll be in a stall doing my business. Another person is in the other stall or urinal and what do they do? They leave and don't wash their hands. They just...leave. Yup...just go and spread your germs all over. That'll be nice. No, really. I just love when people do this.....NOT! Noone wants your germ alover the place. There've been a few times to when I've been in the stall doing my thing, I hear the person go to the sink and turn the water on for 1 or 2 seconds then back off. WHAT?! Noone can wash there hands that quick. Sometimes I think they're just pretending to wash there hands. If the person if going to go to the sink and turn the water on the least they can do is wash their hands.

When I leave these washrooms I often open the door with my shirt. I like to keep those germs off my hands.

...Aaaaand there's the times when I'm in there doing my thing, there's a dude in the other stall. Then, out of nowhere, what do I hear? Man, the dude's @$$ explodes! WTH! Talk about a stink bomb. Dude, not something I want to hear.....or smell.

Oh, one more thing before I end the rant. One time...I when to use the washroom...and there was...uh...'pee' on the floor when I went into the stall. Obviously whoever did it had some bad aim.

-tts

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I once heard a member of bar staff who'd come back from cleaning the toilets say "they don't pay me enough to clean up that ****"", (and it wasn't just a figure of speech) the place itself is quite a nice bar/pub but in the evening some animals meet there for a drink then go else where, where as myself and other human beings who actually want a nice environment where we can hear each other talk and what not have to put up with the disgusting state they believe toilets should be left in.

I won't repeat the state I've seen some cubicles left in (thankfully its not all the time), but put it like this monkeys at the zoo are more hygienic *shudders*, I mean what possesses people to behave the way they do.

Theres nothing funny about putting a bunch of glasses in a toilet to start with and if your drunken aim if off clean it up and finally, flush the damn toilet!

[edit on 21-6-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I agree with you all the way!
The thing about public washrooms is that they are PUBLIC...
and they should be kept clean,
and hey for those people who don't wash they're hands after disposing stuff that they're bodies dont need for reasons, its them whose putting it all back in there system, would'nt it be just delicious to go get a meal after not washing your hands, mmm yumm, body disposal **sarcasm**
But It would be greatly appreciated if they did wash they're hands so that us " clean people" don't have to go and collect all they're germs from the stall doors, and the door handles.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Whatever you do, dont sit down. You never know who sat before you.

I have the talent to all all nececities standing or squating.

I dont like common bathrooms anywhere- specially the men/women in one. Yuck!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
some bathroom rants of my own

blog.abovetopsecret.com...

and for good measure a toilet paper rant

I miss my blog

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ugh -- it seems like restrooms in the international terminal are the worst!

Attention foreign ladies: I know that in some parts of the world you just squat over a hole in the floor and it's all good (I've used some of those toilet holes myself, in Thailand). But, in the Western World, we do NOT pee on the seat. It is forbidden. If you have to squat and piddle like an incontinent dog, then put the seat up with your foot first.

Some of the worst public bathroom toilet paper I ever used was in London, near the Tower. I can't remember which one I used, but the TP was like little sheets of waxed paper. The creases stayed sharp even when wet (ouch) and the paper had no wiping power -- it was sort of like they'd coated it with Teflon. :shk:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Trust me till you've stopped at a errr service station in the middle of nowhere China you have not seen anything!

If it's number one - just use the bushes. If you really need a Brad Pitt... Just don't even go there, ever.

MM: That waxed paper stuff is what we had at school. I think it was so the school could save money on the water bill. A no flush no pay kind of thing.

Crakeur your crackers.

DG - There is no sitting in China, and in Hong Kong you can tell if a main lander has been in your toilet, by the footprints on the seat.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a friend of mine, who hails from Dublin, once told me that the first thing he does when he arrives in a new city or town is hit the can at the nearest Mickey D's. He said their crappers are the cleanest in the world. He had not yet been to the states tho. He lives here now and I'm sure his opinion has changed.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That toilet paper.....that's like sand paper.....man it's horrible. Just a reminder people...do NOT ever trust the 1-ply. It's evil I tell you...EVIL!

Another thing I don't like about these washrooms is the stalls. How they have the opening at the bottom and the cracks at the sides of the doors. People can sorta see under and be like, "Hey he's takin' a crap!". I don't know man. Sometimes a dude just likes his privacy when he's doing his business.

-tts

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Once when I was pregnant and went to a Mervyns store, I had to use the bathroom. A baby sitting on your bladder, you got no choice but to use the restroom. There was atleast 5 stalls. One lady was in there in a closed stall, the noises were horrendous. I don't know wth she ate for lunch, but I'm guessing it didnt sit well with her. The other stalls had NO tp and 3 others were CLOGGED. Disgusting...I made my hubby go into the mens bathroom, no one was in there and he stood outside while I went in. Theirs was actually quite nice.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker
I hate public toilets. You're right the toilet paper is the worst. The stuff practically dissolves while you're using it. Also, some of them are so foul. I went into one and it was like a poo bomb exploded all over the place. It's even worse when you're a cleaner and have to clean them. Let me tell you, people are nasty. I once had to scrape a turd off a toiler seat. The damn thing had been sitting there most of the day and it was like dried playdoh. Yuck-oh!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur
Shoot! Your links don't work anymore. I love a good rant.

top topics

join