It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Light in Saturn's Rings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
This is the weirdest thing I've seen since the ring around Iapetus. What could it be?

Hi yuefo, welcome to Saturn!!

Ok, I daresay you'd be interested to check out my loooong thread on 'Alien Objects Orbiting Saturn's Rings?' which I posted last year. It's got most of the gen you want and then some!

So have a peek at those photographs. They may be alien space ships you're lookin' at! Even NASA has refused to comment on most of these pics. No explanations have been forthcoming. Ahhh... As usual!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!

[edit on 21-6-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
The Sun?

Or check this out... Warning! Science Content

Yes. I think it's a reflection of the sun. The ice is dense enough in the rings to look like a weak specular reflector at a distance.

To prove it, we we need to know the angles at the the time.

[ah, and then I see from the above post that the "mystery" is solved.]

[edit on 21-6-2007 by disownedsky]

[edit on 21-6-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

[ah, and then I see from the above post that the "mystery" is solved.]

But not this mystery. With uncharacteristic candor, NASA admits to being clueless:

This is a very strange feature, lying in a precise geometric fashion with six nearly equally straight sides," said Kevin Baines, atmospheric expert and member of Cassini's visual and infrared mapping spectrometer (VIMS) team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California. "We've never seen anything like this on any other planet. Indeed, Saturn's thick atmosphere where circularly-shaped waves and convective cells dominate is perhaps the last place you'd expect to see such a six-sided geometric figure, yet there it is.

www.spaceflightnow.com...

[edit to add url]

This nighttime view of Saturn's north pole by the visual and infrared mapping spectrometer onboard NASA's Cassini orbiter clearly shows a bizarre six-sided hexagon feature encircling the entire north pole. This is one of the first clear images taken of the north polar region ever acquired from a unique polar perspective. Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

[edit on 6/21/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
But not this mystery. With uncharacteristic candor, NASA admits to being clueless:

Yeah my opinion of Richard C Hoagland went up after seeing this confirmation awhile back of his hyperdimensional model theory.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Yeah my opinion of Richard C Hoagland went up after seeing this confirmation awhile back of his hyperdimensional model theory.

Same here. I've never had a decent understanding of his hyperdimensional theory, but the first time I laid eyes on the hexagon, I thought--Hoagland! He's been talking about that very thing for how many years...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
These days the obvious has pretty much already been overused. My guess would be some kind of beacon because it is bright and noticeable. And it is probably warning intergalactic travelers not to fly to Earth or to risk getting shot at due to the power happy goverments. Or some beacon for the habitants of Saturn or outlying moons-maybe even an intergalactic traffic controller. Let us know who wins!
Doberman
Tampa, FL

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
NASA covert black ops mining ship, the US government has been mining the rings, and the moons of all the other planets since 19........ eh, let's say 50.

Nah really, I have no clue, but I had to toss something out there.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Saturn Earth Connection is a web site I've put together and now involves two people I know personally who have been out to this architectural world near Saturn. You'll see many images of a luminous object I hear is not in the rings of Saturn... it is in orbit and according to NASA orbits every 10 hours and 47 minutes. Google... michael connection. the URL is helloearth.info When you get there... NASA Connection has many Cassini images... The wild one is the image returned on 24 May 2006. You'll notice NASA instructed Cassini to switch to a telephoto lens to get this close up of the luminous object. Note the stars are the same stars in these two images showing the camera didn't change position when it shot the close up. And don't miss the image on 16 August 2004 on the same page... now that is the closest the Cassini Spacecraft was to the luminous object that I have found. NASA is not giving it a moon name which is a clue as to what they think it is. And it all fits in with the Urantia book which you can hear about in Michael's recordings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join