It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I hear this is on the news in the UK? Does this support the theory that Saddam has been in custody for a long time? He didn't look beat up like that in any of the footage we saw.

www.military.com...

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Beside that this image looks kinda fake(his head looks like from the video and its a strange angle comparing to other things in the image) this military.com site is the worst war-gloryfying site I ever saw
- so discusting

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
Beside that this image looks kinda fake

You must be out of your mind. This is not a fake photo !!
It does however show the glorification of publicity seeking. At least the soldiers face is blurred out. Otherwise he'd be in deep doo.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That pic is about as real as they come. It appears that he has blood in his mouth and a cut above his eye, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think it is fake just due to the soldier's thumb behind the head. Just a fallen former-dictator all dirty from hiding in a hole for months.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
this is probably a real photo to begin with.
also, how in gods name does this support the idea that he was caught and kept in custody for longer than we are told? he was caught at night, the picture seems to be taken during the nighttime... 2+2 never equals 6.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
this is probably a real photo to begin with.
also, how in gods name does this support the idea that he was caught and kept in custody for longer than we are told? he was caught at night, the picture seems to be taken during the nighttime... 2+2 never equals 6.

I agree forsaken...

And I still maintain that it was NOT in Bush's best interest to keep him for months. He needed to find him ASAP for many, many reasons. Keeping him for months does not make any rational sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
He appears to have a cut above his eye, and blood in his mouth. The video footage we saw showed him in perfect condition, although rather sedated looking. Cuts don't heal overnight.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
okay, here's my what if.... (blame it on an overactive imagination)

what if they did capture Saddam early in the war, perhaps even that first night, how would they be able to justify the rest of bombings and actions of this war?

They kept him hidden, tortured him, tried to get the WMD info out of him, but since there was none and public pressure was finally mounting, they conveniently find him hiding in a hole.

Somehow I feel the govt planned to use Iraq as a frontline and hoped that there would be a greater organization of the terrorists/Al-Qaeda/Islamic Fundamentalists, so that we could use our big guns and take out a majority of the threats at the same time. Unfortunately, the major jihad that they expected or wanted didn't really happen, but they kept Saddam in capture secretly until public opinion and pressures forced them to give him up.

ok, ok, ok, I know I sound like a madwoman, but its just another conspiracy theory. I think Saddam would say if he was captured before....but then again..maybe he is being drugged all the time

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
By now, I'm sure Saddam knows that nothing he says will be taken seriously by the US. They'd just say he was lying anyway. He said there were no WMD, and they didn't believe that. Well, a year later, it still appears that there are indeed no WMD. Is he still lying? He must be hiding them pretty damn well, eh?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Seems real to me, but I do have my doubts this photo was made on december 13th. According to a Moroccan friend of mine one of Saddam's daughters stated in an interview on the arabic tv-channel El Arabia the US already caught Saddam in September or October.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
the photo is real but the man in the photo is not hussein. youve all been fooled if you think they captured him.

look at the healthy gray beard and look at this dark, but still gray, beard of the same fake saddam hussein hiding in that one man hole in the ground:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
In both Photos they show a cut above his eye, for once there is no conspiracy guys, they were looking, they found, gave him a couple shots in the face, and paraded their capture to the world, Bush needed this capture, no vested interest what so ever in keeping him.

This simplest theory is usually the correct one.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
pesh' intel found him,(not in the hole)
detained and drugged him,(transported 2 the target)
set up the camera crew, and hey presto,
saddam caught. Good on them. The bodyguards
were just a distraction,(pesh) The spider-hole
photo is a clear cut-paste fake

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
In both Photos they show a cut above his eye, for once there is no conspiracy guys, they were looking, they found, gave him a couple shots in the face, and paraded their capture to the world, Bush needed this capture, no vested interest what so ever in keeping him.

This simplest theory is usually the correct one.

You're right. You can see the cut. That still doesn't mean there's no conspiracy, though. I sure wouldn't put it past any politician to use anything in their favor.

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
pesh' intel found him,(not in the hole)
detained and drugged him,(transported 2 the target)
set up the camera crew, and hey presto,
saddam caught. Good on them. The bodyguards
were just a distraction,(pesh) The spider-hole
photo is a clear cut-paste fake

HA you make me laugh!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
the photo is real but the man in the photo is not hussein. youve all been fooled if you think they captured him.

They captured Santa Claus !!! - So that's why I didn't get the BMW I asked for - bastards !

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
THIS IS MOSE CERTINALY HIM!!! No Doubt about it !! Look at him get over it he's ours face the truth!! THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE but not Saddam!! LOL

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by KillerT]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Nope KillerT I found the real Saddam

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega

look at the healthy gray beard and look at this dark, but still gray, beard of the same fake saddam hussein hiding in that one man hole in the ground:

*sigh*

Those photo's were taken from the plasma screens at the US briefing, which is why they are distorted, plasma screens are also widescreen, never a perfect square, which is why he looks fatters, it just a squashed image, i assure they are genuine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join