It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sons imaginary friend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I just moved into a new place in May and every time my son brushes his teeth, he looks in the mirror turns around and waves. Well today I asked him what he was waving at and he said Sara and that she was 20 had brown hair and is tall. He just turned 3 and has quite the imagination but he's pretty consistent about looking in the mirror and turning around and waving. Does anyone else experience this with their kids? I'm not sure if he really sees something or just has a really good imagination.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That kinda spooks me out but no my kids have never done this.

I have always believed that kids can see things we cant. They have such innocent brains and therefore a lot more clear.
I think our brains are to smoky if that makes any sense.

Maybe you shouldnt incourage or discourage. I wouldnt even let him know you were even paying attention, which you should. But im no phsy. just a parent.

Maybe he has a gift.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. My wife is a little freaked out about it
Nothing new there. I'm just gonna keep my eye on him and keep an open mind. I asked him a few questions but I didn't make it out to be a big deal. He answered like it wasn't a big deal either. We'll see

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if children can see things we can't.

For example, children can hear higher sound waves than adults can, this can be proven.

Is it possible that they can see higher light waves than we can, hence seeing something we can't see?

[edit on 11-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Children are able to see and comunicate with other beings up to the age of 3 or 4, after that their window with the other side closes.

It will be interesting to find out if he knows from where Sara comes from and what she talks to him about.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It will be interesting to find out if he knows from where Sara comes from and what she talks to him about.

Do you think it would be wise to incourage or ask questions to him about Sara?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

Do you think it would be wise to incourage or ask questions to him about Sara?

It will not harm to ask.
after all he will forget about Sara as the years goes by.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Children are able to see and comunicate with other beings up to the age of 3 or 4, after that their window with the other side closes.

Sorry to be the antagonist here, but what makes you think this?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was one of the children that the window didn't closed until much later in life, and still I have a life time of experiences.

Is not easy when you are able as a child to see people others could not, it was worse trying to explain how they look like and what they were doing.

Occurs at my age now I understand much better and thankfully the visions are not longer clear as it was in my childhood.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeah I totally agree with marg6043...
All children have 'the gift' up until the age of five or four...thats when us as society tell them that if you have no proof then its not real!
Therefore they close their minds to possibilities.
What/Who do you think 'imaginary' friends are? LOL

My daughter has told me things that leave me thinking...how?

She knows where my Aunty is buried (she drew me a map one day) and she has never met my aunty

And on another seperate occassion she speaks of my fathers aunt by name mind you (who died well and truly before she was born) and I asked her to describe the person and she said it was an old lady with white hair (which is what she looked like when she died)

Its hard though because you dont know how to respond to them (children) when they tell you these things..

I reckon you should go along with it...(in case this 'friend' might intend to harm him) and see what you can find out..like ask him what he and 'Sara' talk about as Marg6043 said, and maybe ask him where 'Sara' hangs out?
Etc etc

People should really pay attention to 'imaginary friends' because dont you find it funny that children always have names for their 'imaginary friends'?

Like you ask them to maybe name a doll or a teddy and it takes them a while before they come up with something, but their imaginary friend ALWAYS has a name!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input. I will keep my eye on him for the next couple of days and see if he keeps seeing her. I don't want to force it, so I will wait for him to acknowledge her.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
keep us posted kleverone...
and I know this is like way off..but your son is so CUTE!
Dont creep out its a long story......lol
Something about remote viewing..lol

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hot_acacia
keep us posted kleverone...
and I know this is like way off..but your son is so CUTE!
Dont creep out its a long story......lol
Something about remote viewing..lol

Awww, thanks. Well here's the real deal

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I had an imaginary friend when I was little, and so did my daughter when she was small. She was very real to me. As an adult, now I'm not sure that she wasn't an angel. Lots of little children have them, I wouldn't let it freak you out.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I just moved into a new place in May and every time my son brushes his teeth, he looks in the mirror turns around and waves. Well today I asked him what he was waving at and he said Sara and that she was 20 had brown hair and is tall. He just turned 3 and has quite the imagination but he's pretty consistent about looking in the mirror and turning around and waving. Does anyone else experience this with their kids? I'm not sure if he really sees something or just has a really good imagination.

Young children are much more in tune with their extra sense, until enough people tell them NO, Stop lying, Go to your room, Quiet, Stop making things up,etc...

You see most adults have been so conditioned in life that they would probably piss themselves if they saw something like a Ghost, Spirit, Entity, etc..
We should learn from them, because we have forgot or have been brainwashed by ignorance in life.

It's funny how people give so much credibility to a holy person, priest, etc, but if it's a child they get none. My bets and focus are on the children.

Excellent thread BTW.
And good looking kid.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would'nt worry to much, it's natural for kids to have imaginary friends, well I should say
to create imaginary things, which can have a great amount of detail.

Heck, when I was five I had an imaginary friend, well actually it was a giant snail that
you could ride, anyways I'd go into great detail talking about it and describing it,
I was a very creative child I suppose.

Mind you if it persists past ten, you definitely need to have them taken in to see a psychologist.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
And it's exactly that type of mentality that does the most damage to this world. "Oh it's only natural for them to make things up... but if it's unchanged by the age of 10...psychologist! -- and if that doesn't work...drugs! -- and if the job STILL aint done...put the LOONEY in the mental institution AND drug 'em UP!".

I'm sorry, we're all entitled to our own oppinions, but that type of crap sickens me.

[edit on 12/6/07 by Navieko]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Like I said, I don't think that I am going to encourage or discourage it. I think that I am going to sit back and listen to what he has to say and not treat the situation any differently than other situation because he has no clue otherwise. I think objective observation is in store. Thanks for all the contributions, very informative.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Like I said, I don't think that I am going to encourage or discourage it. I think that I am going to sit back and listen to what he has to say and not treat the situation any differently than other situation because he has no clue otherwise. I think objective observation is in store. Thanks for all the contributions, very informative.

Yeah best way of doing it, you wouldnt want to make him scared wondering why your looking at him strange, acting scared, asking questions. Jut ask him about it when it happens, as if its normal.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Klev,
When the kids are littel they are SO CLOSE to the other side...they see spirits and guides......
This woman could be a great great grandmother......check into the name in you and your wifes family. When we pass away, our spirit will NOT look like the old person who passed away, but as we appeared when we were youthful and vital.

Maybe this spirit is just a close friend of your son on a level that surpasses being a guide.........

My son 'saw' Angels and Spirits when he was tiny..... he is 14 now and NORMAL.....except if you ask him about spirits he will come right out and tell you about his friends he could see when he was little.........He waved at them and would laugh out loud and then shout "YES" and then laugh some more.....
I am pretty esoteric so this never bothered me in the least. My husband at the time (my son's father) was a little more worried than he needed to be. Our kid is great and does NOT wear his pants down the middle of his backside as is the trend.......YEY!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join