It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californians may be forced to neuter pets...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I can't believe that this is happening...

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California may become the only U.S. state to require the sterilization of pets under a bill passed by the state Assembly, pitting dog and cat lovers against animal rights activists.

Reuters.com

Great, now Californians may be forced to sterilize their pets. I understand that the pet population is a concern but really mass sterilization?

People I can understand when a pet is let loose, gets loose or otherwise becomes ferrell that steps like this need to be in place but to do this to pets of responsible pet owners?

[edit on 6/10/2007 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can't they just put something in the water and do the whole of California in one easy swoop, should only take a week or two and would save loads of money.

Just kidding (kind of)

SR

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Can't they just put something in the water and do the whole of California in one easy swoop, should only take a week or two and would save loads of money.

Just kidding (kind of)

looooooooooooool!! i see where your coming from though so it's not really that bad an idea when you put it into perspective.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Shelter in the city where I live spay/neuter pets before they are allowed to be adopted. This seems reasonable to me.
Forcing all Californians to spay/neuter their pets seems extreme. What about breeders?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe it would be better if everything in California was neutered.

Maybe then the news networks could focus on the important stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm in trouble, then. I have 20 + hermit crabs and it's almost impossible to tell if they're male or female. I don't know if they CAN be neutered.

I'm joking, of course, hermits don't breed in captivity.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It can be a major problem. We had a lot of problems with feral cats killing native wildlife when i was living on my Grandparents property in the outback.
It seems to have gotten a lot worse in the city too now during the past few years with cats breeding uncontrolled.
Weve always neutered our pets except when weve bred from them, we had working dogs on my Grandparents property.
It's sad that its come to this but the majority of pet owners cant be trusted to do the right thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm all for spaying and neutering pets. I just don't think a bill of this nature needs to be passed. Here you must license your dogs and you pay lots more for an intact pet then one that's been fixed maybe California could try that instead.

top topics

join