It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

favourite sniping games or levels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Whats yours ?

Ilove the level where you have to beat "THE END" boss in Metal Gear Snake eater. A truly awsome level!

Also i like the game SNIPER ELITE which is one of the best game's that ive played online! its like playing hide and seek

Though its best to get SNIPER ELITE on a console platform as the pc version has the dreaded STARFORCE protection system which ruined my optical drive

WOLFENSTEIN has a good sniper rifle as it is the only game i have played that has a silenced sniper rifle.

What other games have good sniping in them ?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
oh i forgot to add FARCRY thats got some very good sniping opportunities as you can hide in the jungle.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OK...

Halo 2 has the best sniper action in my opinion (playing on live). I mean how good does it feel to get that head shot, special when oponent is jumping through the air!

Counter Strike (the original one) has great sniper action. Loved to take out those terrorists out with my AWP. Once I ran out in the militia map and shot a T on the roof of the big house while still running and with out looking throungh the sites. Scored a headshot, I admit though was a sweet accident! Thouse ho have played it will know what I'm talking about.

Another good one for it's time was the sniping action in the original medal of honor. I don't know for everyone else but before that game, I hadn't expirienced anything like it.

One of the james bong games for the game cube (yeah I kown...) had a nice arctic sniper rifle. Silenced too! yhis game was actualy pretty sweet. Don't remember the name though... had also sweet bot multiplayer!

Another great sniper moment for me is in Call of Duty 2, when you manage to shoot a german in the head and his helmet flies off but he doesn't die and looks arround like what the ****. Though I don't really like sniping in call of duty 2 because I think you have better chance to take out more enemies with a carabine or the M1.

Battlefield 2 has some nice though useless sniper action. What really makes me trip is that you see how your enemies fall in the distance like ants and then you whait for a medic to come and save tehm with a pretty obviouse outcome... Useless because you can capture flags much easier with other kits.

Black for the xbox had some realy nice sniping action due to it's "armored" enemies. Loved to take them out with a head shot and avoid the hastle of unloading a gizilion rounds into them to make the kill.

Can't think of any others right now. Will post though if I remember any.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I like the game Silent Scope but only the arcade version, sniping with that gun is cool, with the digital scope weee whooo

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
I like the game Silent Scope but only the arcade version, sniping with that gun is cool, with the digital scope weee whooo

Ohhh yeah, had forgotten about that... I even had the lightgun for the xobx and everything to play it at home. Didn't impress me as much thoug, to repetitive!
Nice memories though!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

Ohhh yeah, had forgotten about that... I even had the lightgun for the xobx and everything to play it at home. Didn't impress me as much thoug, to repetitive!
Nice memories though!

Yeah the console versions didnt impress me that much either but in the arcade you had this big sniperrifle with a built in scope and when you look through the scope you had a digital zoom

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The Socom series is the best for sniping. There are a couple different sniping rifles you can choose from, with different scopes you can put on the guns. Plus, you can also rock the tripod, but personally I think its too heavy. You can also get a ghille suit on some online maps, and just sit in a bush and pick people off.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Anyone played VIETCONG? loved that game, best sniper was the SVD Druganov (spelling?) Man that thing was sweet.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame

Battlefield 2 has some nice though useless sniper action. What really makes me trip is that you see how your enemies fall in the distance like ants and then you whait for a medic to come and save tehm with a pretty obviouse outcome... Useless because you can capture flags much easier with other kits.

I beg to differ. I agree the sniper you start with is absolutely horrible. But once you unlock the 2 other ones you are in for a treat. I am a sniper all the time on certain maps and I score more kills with my L96A1 then with any other kit.

I prefer sniper and spec ops.

If you know how to use your sniper rifle you wont' be disappointed. Plus watching enemies die with your well placed claymore is hilarious.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Favourite sniping would be Unreal Tournament (original). I became almost invincible once i obtained the sniper rifle, all unscopped and with the dot crosshair.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Has anyone played "Resistance of Man" for PS3? I'm not really sure at which level you have access to the sniper rifle but it definitely adds to the excitement of the game.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Unreal Tournament. There was one level (I forget the name) where there was basically two fortresses, and a massive, winding series of cliffs and canyons between them. I sat in the uppermost level of the fortress and just racked up dozens of kills with the sniper rifle
Nothing like having the computer tell you that you are 'godlike'.

Deus Ex was pretty good for this, too. Sniping was fairly important in this game, too, since the damage taken from gunshots was fairly realistic; i.e. you couldn't take 500 hits from an AK-47 and still be running around unleashing carnage. A couple shots in critical areas and you were a dead man. The same went for most opponents, as well, at least the human ones. The bots and stuff you had to use RPGs or grenades or something, though, which was reasonable.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

I beg to differ. I agree the sniper you start with is absolutely horrible. But once you unlock the 2 other ones you are in for a treat. I am a sniper all the time on certain maps and I score more kills with my L96A1 then with any other kit.

I prefer sniper and spec ops.

If you know how to use your sniper rifle you wont' be disappointed. Plus watching enemies die with your well placed claymore is hilarious.

Sure, I agree. What I mean was that when playing as a team in Battlefield 2 the sniper isn't realy the one going out to capture the flag. He's more of a bonus if you get what I mean.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Unreal Tournament. There was one level (I forget the name) where there was basically two fortresses, and a massive, winding series of cliffs and canyons between them. I sat in the uppermost level of the fortress and just racked up dozens of kills with the sniper rifle
Nothing like having the computer tell you that you are 'godlike'.

I know the exact level you mean, i also forget its name.

As for the 'godlike', i loved it lol... made me feel so good and special lol...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Has anyone here played STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl? The sniping on that game is fun and intense because the enemies are super intelligent and have a creepy way of searching the countryside until they find you.

And its reallllly satisfying to get that head shot. The physic just make it so cool.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
At a place I used to work about ten of us would play Soldier of Fortune. We were only supposed to play during lunch, but since most of us had our computer screens turned towards the wall, we had a running network game going all day.

I tell you what, the days have never gone by so fast. It was so fun. The best was the sniper rifle with the scope and you could pick somebody off for miles. You'd get the guys who'd do nothing but collect mines and grenades and then they'd go hide in a dark corner waiting to dry gulch you as you came by. There was nothing funnier than picking those guys off with a well placed shot right between the eyes and make 'em start all over again.
It was also fun sniping guys climbing up ladders and watching them fall to their deaths.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I always had a thing for sniping in Battlefield 1942. Particularly at Operation Battleaxe, it's a pretty nice setup with a lot of targets of opportunity.

Aside from that, I had this awesome trick in James Bond: Agent Under Fire. There was this multiplayer level called Blue Zone (I think that was the name, it's been a few years), and there was this grabbing claw thing that let you stick to walls and ceilings if you held down the button. Well if you could hold the B button down and multitask, you were set. I'd just grab a rifle and then snipe while hanging from the ceiling in the main area. Nobody knew where the hell I was shooting them from for quite a while.

Good memories, thanks for this thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Red Faction in the multyplayer map warlords you blow a hole in the walll and keep going use the rail gun because you can see through walls. If you are playing someone who never played before they wont know what is going on.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RedDanDoc

metal gear solid 4
3rd boss (Wolf)

i like hiding under that truck and sniping her and she hasnt got a clue where i am shooting from since i use my suppressed sniper

also it helps with Zero kills as you dont have to attack the other minians as they cant see you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join