It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Giuliani?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
All this hubub about Giuliani, but WHY? What reasons, besides 9/11, do we have to actually be persuaded with having him run for president? Here's a man who hasn't even read the 9/11 Commission Report. Can someone please explain to me why we should listen to a word he says or be so thrilled at the prospect of having him as US President?

I'd like some pro-Giuliani comments. The best ones out there. Let's not cut right in about how good he isn't. Surely there's some reasons to elect him?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The best standard answer is that Rudy's a law and order guy. He came into the mayor's office and cleaned up New York City.

There's a lot of truth to that.

Is he presidential quality? Based on his comments alone (from the presidential debates) I would say no, emphatically. He's a Bush-style authoritarian.

That's the last thing we need in our next president.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Um, yeah...

Surely there's some actual value to this guy? If that's all he's worth then it should speak volumes about our pro-imperialist Media, and even more so abotu this society if there are still people who actually follow this guy.

C'mon pro-Giuliani people

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
OK I have to be careful here I don't wont to tell Americans who to vote for.
In Rudy favour there is record as the Mayor of New York City you have to bear in mind that the population of New York City is greater then that of some countries.

Rudy is respected by both sides of the political fence and doesn't have close ties to the Bush admin. Rudy needs to focus more on domestic issues if he wants to get elected. Rudy should be running an America first campaign.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The man is clueless about foreign policy, everybody could see this from his confrontation with Ron Paul. I mean, his whole idea that they attacked us because they hate our "freedom" just doesn't make sense.

To xpert11: I'm a New Yorker and he did fix the city a lot, but there's a huge difference between running a city and running a country.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by NuclearHead]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah I'd say a state is a far larger domain than even NYC. In NYC I'd imagine a person like him could literally travel the entire area using various forms of transportation in short time. With a city you can be intimately involved with it and in understanding it. A state or bigger a nation is an entirely different reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearHead
The man is clueless about foreign policy, everybody could see this from his confrontation with Ron Paul. I mean, his whole idea that they attacked us because they hate our "freedom" just doesn't make sense.

Fair point what outlets are there for a candidate to gain foreign policy experience ?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last president to have any foreign policy experience was Nixon and that was because he was Ike vice president. While I would never argue against the notion that there is no replacement experience but do think that a lot does come down how easily a person is influenced and if they let there political ideology over ride reality.

new topics

top topics

join