It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you control your own life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Think about it. With the rules and regulations that exist, with what you owe and to whom, how many of you are just cogs of the state?

of self actualization, realization of what is and isn't is the first step. So, are you just a toadie of the Man?

hrxll

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't think The Man is in control of my life, I'm pretty sure Fate is.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I like to think that I'm in control and that my life has been shaped by the choices that I've made, right or wrong. .
but then again if I am just a part of the system then I would think that way wouldn't I.

how do you define freedom?

if the cogs of society stopped turning and we had to fend for ourselves and build a world without people being controlled, then how would it be any different or better than we have now.
not saying that we live in a perfect world by any means , but knowing human nature, aren't we just destined to live the life we lead?
If the powers that be were over thrown then there would always be someone who would take their place.
Perhaps I just feel this way because I have never tried to be any diffferent to the way that I am so I don't know for sure how easy my life would be to change.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How in the world does anybody have control over their lives? You don't decide when you are born, you don't decide your sex, you don't decide any of the factors of your birth in the least. There are health issues, geographical issues, social class issues, and nurturing issues that all decide who you are before you are even aware that you might have some small choice in life. As you get older, your choices are simply offshoots of what you were originally made to be. You have very little real control over your life.

Your life is pretty much a product of what other people have created. You simply assume the role given.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am in ABSOLUTE control of my life. I understand the pre-dispositions I was born/raised with and have overcome them.

There is exactly ONE person who decides what I am going to do today and that's ME...

Now there are LOTS of "influences" in these decisions to be certain, Valhall, the kids, the employees, etc... BUT these are still CHOICES I make everyday. I make my decisions based on these influences because I CHOOSE to cherish and love them.

Bottom line is the choices are all made by ME period.

PEACE...
m ...

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Springer]

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm in the same situation as Springer: I do control my life. I can't control others' lives, but I do control my own.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I think...

I am in ABSOLUTE control of my life. I understand the pre-dispositions I was born/raised with and have overcome them.

There is exactly ONE person who decides what I am going to do today and that's ME...

Now there are LOTS of "influences" in these decisions to be certain, Valhall, the kids, the employees, etc... BUT these are still CHOICES I make everyday. I make my decisions based on these influences because I CHOOSE to cherish and love them.

Bottom line is the choices are all made by ME period.

Amen, well said.....

top topics

join