It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii Love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Alright Guys,

Time for some serious discussions lol... I got mine recently after months and years of waiting. I love it... far better than i thought it was going to be. I loved it.

So i am looking for more happy and satisfied owners lol...

Currently i own:

LoZ: Twilight Princess
Warioware
Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Wii Play
Wii Sports

I also have downloaded:

StarFox64
LoZ: A link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 2

So what games do you have?

Oh and have any of you noticed the "hidden" female perks of this system
. My girlfriend LOVES it (she never played and never saw the point to playing games), she finally "gets" games lol. She turned to me the other day,after she was intensely playing Zelda for 8 hours, and said;

"I am sorry for all the misunderstanding we have had. I finally know how you can get so involved and engrossed in a game and play all day."

Has she finally become a "keeper"? LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Has anyone got Super Mario Strikers? I am not convinced on whether i should get the game or not.

Also, downloaded Gunstar Heroes for VC... that game is so much fun multiplayer. My housemate and I have been playing through it soo much. Even my girlfriend enjoys it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Right now the wii is occupying most of my time than the other systems I bought.I was even at the launch and could be spoted on a few youtube videos and a brief cameo on G4 Tv.The current game I'm awaiting is super smash bros brawl ,which I started a thread on that in which anyone is welcome to discuss what they like or dislike about the games developement or any of the past games of the series,hope to hear from any of you nintendo fans out there so it won't be locked.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
i think i am more excited for Metroid Prime 3 than SSB:B.

It's been delayed again, i REALLY hope they delay it longer and decide to make it online multiplayer. I am surprised that they are not doing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well... i just saw this video for "Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Wii"

It looks AWESOME!!! Something that also got my attention was TWO pointers on the screen. Could that mean co-op? or even two controller representing TWO guns?

[edit on 7/7/2007 by SilentShadow]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

E3 is Live and there is a fair amount of Wii News.

I will do my best to sum up what has been unveiled so far.

Upcoming Games

List of upcoming games (All developers).

Of particular interest from Nintendo

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (August 27)
Fire Emblem (November 5)
Super Mario Galaxy (November 12)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (December 3)
Mario Kart Wii (Early 2008)
Wii Fit (TBA)

Mario Galaxy

Has been shown off and dated

During Nintendo's E3 2007 conference, Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aime told the world what it wanted to hear: Super Mario Galaxy will release this year, on November 12.

Metroid Prime 3

The best console FPS control scheme ever. It looks and play beautifully.

We're realists. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption can't and doesn't look as good as some of today's cutting-edge games on more powerful consoles. But for Wii, a console that so far hasn't proven that it is even dramatically more powerful than GameCube, it's stunning.

Samus controls better in Prime 3 than she ever has before. In fact, the heroine's tight maneuverability and speed nurture a level of accuracy never before possible in a console-based first-person experience. Retro has included three different sensitivity levels for fans, so if you're the type who prefers a big bounding box and slower turns, you can do that. However, we highly recommend that all gamers play Prime 3 with advanced controls, which shrink the bounding box so that Samus turns quickly when your on-screen reticule begins to stray in any direction.

Metroid Prime 3 Pics Here!

Smash Bros. Brawl Date Set

Link

Nintendo has officially announced the release date of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii. The game will release on December 3, 2007 -- later in the year than some thought (a few expected this to be the game to go up against Halo 3 or GTA4), but this gives room to the slew of other great titles from Nintendo for the system.

Mario Kart Wii

As expected it is online.

At their E3 2007 press conference, Nintendo announced Mario Kart for Wii. The game will launch Q1 2008 and will take advantage of the Wii's online capabilities, allowing online versus play.

Check Mii Out

Link

During his speech at Nintendo's E3 2007 conference, Reggie announced a new channel to be made available on the Wii. Titled "Check Mii Out," players will be able to put their Miis on display and compare them with the world. Your Wii friends will be able to vote on your Mii creations.

Reggie did not disclose when the "Check Mii Out" channel will be available.

Wii Fit

Introducing... the Wii Balance Board.

high res pic (5787x4298)

Nintendo announced another title in their line of casual games at this year's E3 Press conference. Wii Fit is a series of games designed to increase fitness through balance and aerobics. The game uses a new peripheral, the Wii Balance Board. The white board, about the size of an average home weight scale, is used for the entire game.

An aerobic demonstration showed off a few of the features of the title. A Yoga-like balance exercise involves players having to stand on one leg and stretch. Nintendo also demonstrated a dance step aerobic exercise, a sort of toned down Dance Dance Revolution using the player's Mii character.

The Wii Balance Board also functions as a scale that measure the player's center of balance and body mass index. Players can track the BMI with everyone in the family, and see who is the fattest. Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America President, weighed in with a BMI of 27.25, in the high range of "Overweight" and a mere 2.75 points away from "Obese."

I am rather excited for this piece of hardware, still early in it's development cycle. I believe it has some massive potential as a widespread fitness product... in fact... straight from Miyamoto:

Q: Will third parties use the Wii Balance Board?

A: Given that we announced the Wii Balance Board just yesterday, we've since had a number of inquiries from third parties. We've also had some interest from the physical fitness industries. Many individuals in the medical industry are interested in it for the purposes of treatment.

Q: What other types of programs do you enision for the Wii Balance Board in the future?

A: I think there are a variety of different possibilities. Probably the simplest and most straightforward would be a snowboarding game.

It would seem incredibly promising... and something you could almost guarantee will become the apple of the media eye, with the western world encountering it's "obesity epidemic". It is something i will keep my eye on.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Finally the news we have been waiting for:

Nintendo has smashed fears that the eagerly-awaited Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't make use of Wii's Wi-Fi Connection by announcing a four-player online battle mode and saying that more Wi-Fi modes will be revealed in the weeks to come.

au.wii.ign.com...

You don't need friend codes to battle other people

The only problem? You cannot communicate with them either. NINTENDO... please stop doing this. Some people do not have lots of friends with Wii's.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
well I got the wii on tuesday so I only have wii sports for it but I did download streets of rage 2.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpionxx
well I got the wii on tuesday so I only have wii sports for it but I did download streets of rage 2.

Its been out for 9 months and still VERY difficult to find in my area. If they put out units on the shelves the moment you turn around it seems they are gone.

I currently only own a 360...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dznetworks

Originally posted by scorpionxx

Its been out for 9 months and still VERY difficult to find in my area. If they put out units on the shelves the moment you turn around it seems they are gone.

I currently only own a 360...

I have heard the Wii is incredibly difficult to get all around the world. Spoke to some EB guys the other day, the have this makeshift sign "Wii's in stock" that they place out the front of their store when orders come in... the stock is gone normally within 30mins.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm thinking of getting my lovely daughter one for Christmas.

I'm guessing you all think she'll like it.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Wii downsides

I too have recently bought a Wii, for the most part, it's alot of fun, however I have some beefs with some of the "features".

Section 1 : The Nunchuck attachment.

While it's nice to have a second trigger button and an analog stick, the Nunchuck attachment's movement sensors have some serious issues.

The Nuncuck often misinterprets the direction you are thrusting it in.
In the game "Medal of Honor : Vanguard", simply trying to stand up can be quite the task. The upward thrust to stand up and jump is often misinterpreted with Reload, Crouch, and Turn around.
In fact, Jump, Reload, Crouch, and Turn around, ALL get misinterpreted with each other.

If you're being shot from behind, you're likely to jump, lay down, or reload your weapon a few times before being able to confront your enemy... I've often found myself trying to jump over an obstacle under heavy fire, only to find that my character prefers to crouch down, turn away from the enemy, and proceed to reload, instead of simply jumping over the obstacle to seek safety.

Section 2 : The arrow buttons.

The designers of the Wii must get a kick out of aggravating the users, as the arrow pad is just beyond thumb reach. Enough so that if you want to press an arrow button during a game, you have to crawl your hand up the controller in order to reach it, then crawl your hand back into it's original position.

Along with that, the rest of the lower buttons -, +, etc, are also out of reach while playing, and you will find yourself literally putting the remote down, and picking it up in a different position just to hit that one simple button.
(In turn you'll have to do the same to get back to the rest of the buttons.)

Outside of those two issues, the IR sensor is pretty spot on, and the trigger positions are perfect.

But the issues mentioned make mastering many more complex games almost impossible.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Never been able to find one-- and its been like what 10 months since the launch? Oh well. Maybe next year.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Got one coming for my boy (hee hee) for christmas we're/he's gunna love it!!

What are the better games for younger children (3 to 4 years old) any ideas?

MonKey

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm getting a Wii for Christmas. Games I am getting with it/will get later:

With:
Super Mario Galaxy
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Later:
Metroid Prime: Corruption
LoZ: Twilight Princess
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Melee was my favorite game of all-time)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I'm thinking of getting my lovely daughter one for Christmas.

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Got one coming for my boy (hee hee) for christmas we're/he's gunna love it!!

Have they enjoyed it?

Originally posted by johnsky
The Nuncuck often misinterprets the direction you are thrusting it in.

Just be careful, it's more sensitive than you think. When you go to flick it up for example, you may not need to be as intense as think, for when you do it vigorously you may find, without thinking, you may flick it down first to get a 'run up' so to speak. This will confuse the Wii.

Originally posted by johnsky
The designers of the Wii must get a kick out of aggravating the users, as the arrow pad is just beyond thumb reach.

*snip*

Along with that, the rest of the lower buttons -, +, etc, are also out of reach while playing,

How are you holding it? If you pick it up with your thumb on the A, then its a little movement to go up or down to hit the other buttons.

Alternatively pick it up with you thumb on the arrows, i find it easier to hit all the buttons.

Or are you referring to the 1+2 buttons? At the bottom of the Wiimote? Not the + and -.

If so, i don't have much difficulty sliding down to hit them, they are not usually mapped to functions ALWAYS required in the heat of battle. If they are, silly software designers.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am even more excited for Super Smash Bros.

I wish i didn't have to wait so long, i just want to play it lol.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Sells A Million

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a super smash hit in Japan. When it went on sale, the game sold out at loads of Tokyo game shops, and in the last two weeks, the title has shifted a million copies. It took Wii Fit seven weeks to hit a million copies sold, and it took Wii Sports eleven weeks to hit that milestone. That makes Super Smash Bros. Brawl the fastest selling Wii game, which should make Nintendo very, very happy.

kotaku.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I will also be among the early buyers of Smash Bros. Smash and Kart are the only games I'm definitely buying for myself.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaton
I will also be among the early buyers of Smash Bros. Smash and Kart are the only games I'm definitely buying for myself.

Yeh Mario Kart is looking rather interesting, and being able to put your Mii's as drivers also appears to be pretty awesome.

But i am definitely waiting for Smash, but being in Australia i probably have to wait till the end of the year

At the moment i am still having fun with resident evil 4, finishing it for like the 8th time, i keep trying to beat my time lol... I feel like playing Zelda again, almost been a year since i played it, almost time for a second play through.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This is interesting... the TV channel just launched in Japan for Wii.

The Channel will also have limited community features: you'll be able to see what shows your friends have highlighted, and Nintendo will centrally track these records (as well as star-ratings for each program). Still pointless, but a little more interesting. Finally, it'll also let you register your mobile number and e-mail address: mark a show on the guide that you wanna see, and 30 minutes before it starts you'll get a text message and/or an email about it.

kotaku.com...

But this is what i am excited about, i can finally use only one remote...

The coolest feature we've heard about, though, is the ability to use the Wii remote as a universal remote control. Wii owners can use the controller to change channels, adjust the volume, and switch back and forth between their shows and the TV Guide Channel. Apparently, the sensor bar transmits your commands to your TV, making this all possible ... in Japan.

www.nintendowiifanboy.com...

I guess the problem is that it's Japan only at the moment, and knowing Nintendo this will:

(a) Take FOREVER to go to the US and even more FOREVER to get to PAL regions

or

(b) Remains Japan only.

I just want to use my wiimote as my main remote.

[edit on 5/3/2008 by SilentShadow]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join