It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii Love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Are you all still playing your Wii, and are you still satisfied with this system? Also, are they available to purchase in your area? I'm not having any luck finding one to buy here, they're still in very short supply. I don't really understand the marketing brilliance behind this.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kitken01

Since i live in Australia we are not quite suffering from the same difficulty that the US is when trying to find a Wii. Yes i am still playing it. Super Smash Bro's JUST came out here and i have been playing it to death.

As for the marketing, it is a console aimed at the mass market, Nintendo was brilliant when they decided to make a console that will appeal to non-gamers and make them want to buy it.

Game like Wii Sports and Wii Fit give the console GREAT free advertising and appeal to EVERYONE.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
In another thread I posted that I bought the wife a Wii and it is a nice tidy impressive console, considering I'm a PS1,2 and 3 owner I was nicely amazed by the Wii.

To my point
I'm that old that I remember the first pong games, what did pong do, it made families join in on playing video games

Then the consoles took over thru the 90's into 00's and most main console games became more one person shooter / player.

The Wii has brought the ethics of pong and gaming back into the family living room and out of the teen son's bedroom.

Wolfie

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

I absolutely agree. I think the biggest thing that shows the success in the console is that my Fiancee loves playing it and that i took my Wii to my parents place and my mother actually asked to have a go.

The system is seen as accessible by everyone, so EVERYONE enjoys it.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by SilentShadow]

<< 1   >>

join