It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunting - How To?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is just general info I was wondering about Ghost Hunting. Are they non-profit organizations? Does it cost alot to start one up? What are the basic items needed to be a proper ghost hunter? This is just stuff I am looking into thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think they can be both I think TAPS in a non profit organization but I think there are some that charge money. I think it probably costs a bit of money to start up just because the equiptment costs alot. Basically all you need is a voice recorder, digital video recorder and a digital camera. Those are just basic things there could be more but I think that covers some of not most of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I always wondered this myself; TAPS doesn't charge, but they ask for help on gas if the location is far away, which is fair. I wonder how much Sci-Fi gives them though. I mean they're plumbers, which is a decent profession, but come on, those are pretty new Suburbans and that equipment isn't cheap; who pays for that?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
First of all you need a blonde fit bird that gets scared and cries a lot..
Then you need a Scouse charlatan who has sold his Soul to Sam..
Next get a gullible group of followers and finally, Lie your teeth out and fake everything.
Best way to go , i think???
JM2C

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
Next get a gullible group of followers and finally, Lie your teeth out and fake everything.
JM2C

not a very good post from you thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
An educated guess is that you will require the following:
1: Night vision digital video camera
2: Digital camera & a quality manual/automatic SLR camera such as a Nikon and lots of film.
3:Night vision eyeware.
4: A digital recorder/dictaphone.
5: Instrument(s) to detect magnetic fields.
6: Incontinence pants .... only joking!
7: A companion with some experience of haunted locations.
8: Permission to enter buildings, homes, properties or land with known or suspected paranormal activity.
9: If possible a canine friend who is more likely to be 'tuned' to unseen entities.
10: A positive and rational mindset to expect that NO entities, spirits, or spectral activity is present at the chosen location.

Good luck on your venture.
Report any progress (or lack of) I'm sure you will post your experiences in this forum.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
All of those things are nice for semi-professional investigators, but to start out all you really need is your self to physically visit these locations. Start slowly building up your assortment of gear.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
All of those things are nice for semi-professional investigators, but to start out all you really need is your self to physically visit these locations. Start slowly building up your assortment of gear.

It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to have evidence to show the people or put it on the internet?. If so you need atleast a digital camera and a voice recorder. If you just want to go to these places to see if you can see something then you don't need anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to have evidence to show the people or put it on the internet?. If so you need atleast a digital camera and a voice recorder. If you just want to go to these places to see if you can see something then you don't need anything.

I agree sandman. I'm just telling Ex that people just starting out really don't need to spend $1000.00 on equipment.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
you also need the kinda mentality to not get the # scared outa you, like if something goes band dont freak out, if u start hearin # go to the source.

basically what im saying is before you start is be FEARLESS, oh and it might help to gain some sort of psycic power,or learn to up you psi cuz i know that helps you feel them

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still_Learning
you also need the kinda mentality to not get the # scared outa you, like if something goes band dont freak out, if u start hearin # go to the source.

basically what im saying is before you start is be FEARLESS, oh and it might help to gain some sort of psycic power,or learn to up you psi cuz i know that helps you feel them

Being fearless is what causes people to get hurt, and I'm not talking about being hurt by a ghost. Many investigations will lead you into buildings which are structurally unstable and could collapse at any moment. You also have to keep in mind that some places will contain dangerous substances (chemicals, asbestos, hospital equipment). Having that kind of Indiana Jones attitude can easily get you killed. One should aspire to be "cautious" rather than "fearless." However, you are right about the fact that you should not panic as that will almost certainly cause you to get hurt.

Just stay calm, and everything should be just fine. Always be aware of your surroundings and never go into a situation that could get you killed.

Best of luck.

[edit on 6/6/2007 by JBurns]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
I agree sandman. I'm just telling Ex that people just starting out really don't need to spend $1000.00 on equipment.

Yeah I agree with you too but I still think you need atleast a camera or voice recorder. Not $1000 worth but maybe $300 worth of equiptment.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
always ask permission for where you want to go

always tell somebody where you are going

dont go alone.

always be respectfull and curteous ie dont make mess !

always carry a bottle of holy water !because you never know!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ya, take a couple of people with you and a camera and maybe a tape recorder would be pretty good for just a basic investigation. You might consider "mapping" out the place you want to investigate and become aware of its surroundings so when you go to investigate at night you'll be aware of where rocks, holes, and other objects are so you won't get hurt.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud

JM2C

I beg to differ, denying ignorance has been the consensus for this post, as my point cuts through the existing ghosthunting debacle like a hot knife through butter.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

JM2C

I beg to differ, denying ignorance has been the consensus for this post, as my point cuts through the existing ghosthunting debacle like a hot knife through butter.

no your post wasnt very good.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This is just general info I was wondering about Ghost Hunting. Are they non-profit organizations? Does it cost alot to start one up? What are the basic items needed to be a proper ghost hunter? This is just stuff I am looking into thanks.

Nothing unusual. Ghosts don't exist. All of it is the art of Mind Control, performed on humans by aliens.

But mind control can be controled by a human, too.

I think, you should take everything out from your home, anything suspicious, relating to ghosts or death. After then, have some informations on beautiful things of life. Etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I just started ghost hunting myself. I joined a local group and I am currently an investigator in training. So far I have camera, kII emf detector and a digi recorder.

Anyone know of any hauted places in NJ?

peace
Trustnobody

top topics

join