It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Unveils New Prototypes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just to point out some of th ekey things I can see as identical, weird and the kink that I think waynos is talking about.

apart from the fact that the wing is deffently wrong

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ah right. I see what he's talking about. Thanks Canada_Eh. I'm learning the hard way that taking these pills on an empty stomach (even though they don't tell you to eat first) is a Bad Idea.

Waynos, as far as I know that's normal for them. Now that I know what you're looking at, I remember seeing it on all the pics of the that I've seen that I can remember.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
D'OH! of course how could I be so stupid. Its not a 707 wing but a 747. I was thinking to myself as I hit the button on my last post that there was something very non 707 about the wing root but assumed it was just PS'd. Those big triple slotted flaps should have given it away. and I agree there is something out of perspective about the port wing. An example of Franken Photo Shop it truly is.

And Zaph remember the blue pill will take you home, just DON'T follow the white rabbit!

PS. Notice also the prop danger warning line on the fuselage that was not removed and the upper fuselage radome that appears to have been lassoed and cloned from the bottom one.

LEE.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by thebozeian]

[edit on 8-6-2007 by thebozeian]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yes thats the kink, thanks. As I wasn't familiar with their colour scheme it gave the nose section a 'stuck on' appearance, of course this was after I realised the wings were stuck on so was already looking for other signs.

There is a website that people p[ost morphed plane photo's onto, its very good, but I don't have the url

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
can anyone translate???

Movie clip
www.fnn-news.com...

www.fnn-news.com...

4 July 2007:
C-X and P-X rolled out.
This summer, first flights.
March 2008, C-X acceptance by JASDF.
August 2008, P-X acceptance by JMSDF.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Yes thats the kink, thanks. As I wasn't familiar with their colour scheme it gave the nose section a 'stuck on' appearance. . .

It is quite odd, isn't it? Here's the intresting part, not only is that a real paint scheme, but it has a spacific purpose to it. Origionally the Orions all looked like this:

However, it was found that under some conditions, glare from the surface of the water could interfear with crew visibility. To reduce the glare and inprove safety, the engineers came up with a simple, but effective solution:

The matt- grey paint scheme was extented up around the cockpit windows to cut down on glare. It works on the exact same principle as an American football player painting black lines under his eyes on a sunny day. So, the kink was an inexspensive anti-glare feature.

Tim

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
translate.google.com...

first flight translated
and nice photos too

video

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Jezza]

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Jezza]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I read an article that stated both aircraft had problems with thier tails. The article also compared the C-X to the size of a C-141. The P-X had problems with the floor beams cracking in testing.

The underside of the wing on the P-X is kinda different too.

Great pics.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
thats interesting about the tales though will have to read more into it.
C-X would be a great mini globemaster though.
Japanese politics would stop any export though.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by assassini

They are correct in saying that the C-141 and the C-X are similer in size as its about a 4 meter difference and surprising too that the payloads are very similer. For comparision here are the empty and max weights.

C-X
Empty weight: 133,920 lbs
Max takeoff weight: 311,453 lbs

C-141
Empty weight: 144,492 lb
Max takeoff weight: 323,100 lb

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
P-X Flying pics

Some nice pictures
of the P-X to enjoy

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The first flight of the 2nd XP-1.

link in english

she's looking good

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Maybe the RAF might like a dozen, if the Nimrod gets any more screwed up

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I hate to rain on everyone's parade but those some stupid looking planes. I mean you would think the japanese could make something better looking. Them planes look like they retro 1979.
I'm sure they perform well but they ugly!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So what. If the plane performs the mission it doesn't have to be pretty. I have seen and worked on some of the ugliest planes ever built, but they performed the mission better than anything else out there. We used to have three planes that were hideous looknig, but had a radar under the nose so powerful they used it to track the space shuttle in orbit from 30,000 feet. You build planes for the mission, not to look pretty.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
I'm sure they perform well but they ugly!

Does the name BUFF come to mind? Sure it may be a Big Ugly Fat F#%$er but after almost 50 years on the job I think its earned the respect of all airmen even though they may not enjoy working on it as much as a 22.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

Aren't these supposed to be the "new" japanese planes?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
They are new Japanese planes. But the point still stands that it doesn't matter if they're the most beautiful thing flying, or the ugliest thing you've ever seen. As long as they perform the mission. The mission is the most important thing. The point that Canada was making is that the BUFF is an ugly airplane, hence the nickname "Big Ugly Fat F", but it did such a wonderful job at the mission that they're still flying today. The last B-52 was built in 1963, but they're talking about not retiring them for another 30 years or more.

Who cares if YOU think the planes are ugly. They get the job done and that's what they are built for.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thought I'd throw this link in. Four aircraft were delivered by 2010, when they found problems with cracking in them, the the first two operational aircraft were grounded last year after an unstable combustion situation developed in flight. At least one aircraft apparently was used for the MH370 search. Some of the systems for the aircraft are the first time they have been used on an operational aircraft. There is supposed to be an AI to assist the TACCO in the best way to attack subs, as well as Fly-By-Light flight controls.

Here's a picture of it flying from FlightAware.

Kawasaki P-1

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Would these be competitors to the P-8? How would these stack up against the Poseidon?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join