It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puh-LEASE no more Deadliest Catch!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Honestly, I am so sick and tired of this show being on TV EVERY TIME I turn on the discovery channel. I love watching shows like Survivor Man, Man VS. Wild, I shouldn't be alive, and even interesting shows about animals and stuff, but it seems like Deadliest Catch has just taken over every time slot on the whole damned channel! I really don't know what the buzz is about this show, anyway. I mean sure, it's kind of interesting seeing as how the job is so dangerous and all, but it's on way too much Tonight was supposed to be survivor night. I came home from work expecting to turn on the TV and maybe catch some Man vs. Wild, and low and behold it's deadliest catch AGAIN!

a;sldkfj;alskdjf;lkajsd;flkjas;dlkfja;lsdkjf *profanity profanity* I'm sick of this stupid show!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree. It's extremely boring. I understand it's the worlds deadliest job, but I haven't seen anyone die yet, so WTF?

I say, get rid of deadliest catch. It's not like canceling the show will put these guys out of a job or anything.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
what is it!

i'm one of the poor few who dont have paytv.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's a show that follows around 4 Alaskan king crab fishing boats. It's the deadliest job in the world, and the Discovery Channel is probably hoping that someone will die, or be seriously injured on camera. No such luck yet, and it's not interesting enough to watch and wait.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks Rasobasi420, doesnt sound like a good enough reason to go out and get Pay! Why is it the most dangerous job, do you know?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Extremely violent seas, cold water, high winds, small boat, heavy machinery. All of these things combine to form a very dangerous scenerio. Plus the high pay probably causes many untrained people to go out for the job, leading to a high death rate.

I don't know if the means of measurement is based on the ratio killed, or just solid numbers though. I mean, maybe people photographing Lions on the savanna are killed more, but there are less of them out there. I don't know.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I like the show myself.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i always hear people praising this show likes it fantastic

ive caught it a few times.. nothin special

now Planet Earth.. thats an entirely different story...

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
aww i like deadliest catch but i do admit it's on like all the time.. i just think the job is dope i would like to do it once in my lifetime do they let females do that?? not to mention some of the dudes are hotties! hahaha

dude yeah planet earth is dope!!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Me too...

Originally posted by enjoies05
I like the show myself.

I like crab...

But it's definitely reality TV gone astray... Not every job that risks more than a papercut is worthy of a series.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I would love them to make a Discovery Channel show about my job. IT Guy

They would just film me watching a progress bar make it's way across the screen. Then me hitting enter, then enter again, then another progress bar.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who has been there, done that...it's not the inexperienced fishermen that die, it's the poor guy who is in the wrong spot when that rogue 30' wave, or bigger, comes roaring over the bow with little or no warning.

The job is, at best dangerous, at worst its lethal. In the 15 plus years I worked the fishing industry, I lost many friends to the wrong place at the wrong time...even now almost eleven years since my last trip on a boat to the grounds, I hear familiar names lost overboard and not recovered.

The show is accurate in its depiction of the work involved, and some of the dangers. What it can't portray, though it tries, is the sheer exhaustion and pain involved in crabbing.

With the advent of the quota system for Opilio, and I believe, King Crab the old days are over. The large corporate boats will now dominate the scene. The F/V Northwestern, of Deadliest Catch fame, is largely a corporate boat, Sig; an old friend of mine by the bye, runs the boat for Trident Seafoods out of Seattle; or at least did the last I heard. No, the old days are over. And a part of me is sad, the other part of me says its a neccessary step to preserve the Alaskan biomass in the Bering Sea and Gulf of Alaska. Unless you've been in the industry, you've really no idea how much damage has been done, it's not too late to rectify the situation but its very close.

The show is actually, as I said, a fair representation.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I like the show. It's interesting especially since I know some one who has been there. I can ask questions and get answers that I know are accurate. Small boats in heavy seas frequently equal death and destruction. The Coast Guard does a great job in safety inspections and SAR but even their efforts can be in vain. After watching that show I don't complain quite so much about the cost of crab.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I like the show.

I have to admit, if there's anything a little more interesting, i'll watch another channel, because i've been seeing that show for so long, there is nothing left, really. But i do like it.

I like crabs.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think it would be a good documentary, or special, but it's a bit repetitive for a TV series.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think they might have actually increased the amount of deadliest catch they're showing as of late...good God.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I hate "The Deadliest Catch", with all my heart.

Its a stupid show about stupid people in a stupid little boat in the middle of the damned ocean.

Hey, let's watch a bunch of middle-aged fishermen haul cages of crabs onto a boat.... for an entire hour. Oh look, somebody tripped and fell. Now we can watch the Discovery Channel overdramatize it and listen to this idiot complain and moan for another 20 minutes. I don't think the Discover Channel could've made this show more boring if they tried. They're just hanging around until somebody loses a limb or dies, from the boredom of being trapped on a boat with a bunch of idiots for 2 weeks.

Why can't they bring back Survivorman, huh?! That show was amazing, and I learned a helluva lot from it. THAT ONE GUY, LES STROUD, MAKES A BETTER TV SHOW THAN THAT ENTIRE STUPID BOAT CREW COMBINED!!! Survivorman doesn't have a film crew like those idiots, he films everything himself and lives in the wild for 7 FREAKING DAYS. This guy is a multi-tasking genius who makes houses, boats, fishing and hunting gear to survive.

And yet, Survivorman keeps getting pushed back and pushed back while "The Deadliest Catch" gets a 10 episode marathon every other day. ARGH!!!
THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP BECAUSE I HATE THAT DAMNED SHOW WITH A PASSION!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Yeah, this does seem to be on all the time.

Is there actually more than one episode? I thought it was always the same thing. (honestly)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Good news!!!

Now we have Trucks on the IceRoad which is even more dangerous!

Keep an eye out for this stomach turning hand clenching show.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Why is it the most dangerous job, do you know?

For one thing, it'll freeze your nuts off.

I don't mind it.

I hate American Hot Rod. Oh my god. Petrol heads. Seen one hot rod, you've seen the lot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join