It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottle Smashing Boneheads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I live near a nature trail that I walk through everyday, as do my neighbours, kids going to school, people walking their dogs etc. Unfortunately, along with the deer, bears and skunks, their is another type of local wildlife we share this trail with- teenage bush partyers.
It's not enough that they drink smoke dope and probably have sex there(as the condom wrappers found can't be denied), but why do they have to smash the bottles all over the rocks into a 1/4 mile path of a million shards? I've lost count how many dogs have needed a vet visit or how many kids have fallen and not just scraped up a knee or hand but needed stitches.What is with these MORONS!The beer store even offers money back for the bottles, but these dopes do not care.I'm so sick of it I'm ready to smash one over their heads!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey Access,

I'm there with you. I go hiking all the time in the hollywood hills. I grew up off mulholland and used to walk every deer trail along the side of those hills since I was 12 years old. Kids do the same thing here. Everywhere i go I see bottles smashed everywhere. I know what their doing. don't even care as long as they don't screw up the environment. Fine do it in the bushes, great, it's fun I'm sure. fine get drunk or high while enjoying the view. just don't leave your detrius everywhere. I have no problem if man wants to trash the stuff we've already ruined. But on the side of the hills or out in the wilderness. Not Cool.

When I was a teenager my friends and I (most of whome are now in recon marine units) used to climb all over the hollywood hills at night. we always cleaned up after ourselves. we'd climb all the way up to the griffith observatory and stalk the guards for fun and for practice. Not one of the security gaurds ever knew that 4-6 men were watching their everymove from the shadows of the tree line only 45 feet away. stalkingthem for up to an hour before the idea of going back to the crib and drinking a beer seemed more interesting. this skill came in handy when we'd come across the few kids "partying" up in the hills. we'd mess with them all night. scare em. jack stuff from their camp like all their beer and write a note saying thanks for the beer. throw rocks in the brush next to them to make them think coyotes were around. their disrespect really irked us.

Everynow and then I'll see some kids partying up on mullholland. Since mullholland is technically city park land it's loitering to be there past dusk. the park rangers hate these types so I always give them ashout out when I see them. they patrol mulholland for a few hours at night just to find these types. these kids accidently create multi acre brush fires, piss off the residents and race their cars, usually while drunk and hit people parked on the side of the road making out when their cars loose it. Now it's against the law to go up there and park at night because of them. hence the park designation and the park ranger patrols. So I call them and give them handy tips like. yep 4-8 kids drinking on the side of runyion canyon. their cars are parked just off mulholland an skyline drive. black altima, white civic. 3 guys 4 girls. have a great night.

the park rangers thank me and then usually go off on the hunt. Don't know the park rangers numbers to call but I can always find them around usually a little down the road.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Wow I thought we had it bad here.We don't have any park rangers except in the big National parks.The local police are privately run here and it's usually the young upstarts fresh out of training looking to make a name for themselves and usually are too rough on the kids.I say just force them to clean it up, not rough them around then take them home to mommy.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
well the park rangers are pretty decent to these kids. usually just cite them for minor in possession or for loitering past dusk. if they aren't partying too hard the rangers just tell them to split and be gone in 2 minutes. if they have reason to ticket them for possession charges than they do that too. but they don't want to arrest anybody because then they have to hold the kid for an hour until a real cop makes it's way up there to take custody of the guy.

these rangers aren't looking for revenue at night up there just trying to keep it safe. cars go off the side all the time. into other cars, killing people making out (it's happened), and going off the cliff and down into the canyons were homes are. the real revenue comes during the day time and they are patroling the parks and such. writing tickets for driving the wrong way on some poorly marked parking lot side road or something. no permit for bbq-ing.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was just in LA and did some driving around the Mulholland area...

too funny, cause as the wife and I were driving one evening, I was looking around the hills and stuff, and thought to myself... hey... we could go "parking" back there.... didn't bring it up to my wife as I didn't think she would go for it..

Looked like lots of trails and places to "park" up there....

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Oh yes there are. Great if your in the mood and you know where to go. Luckely there are places just off mulholland that don't disturb the resident and nobody is likely to go past you where you and your wife could have enjoyed the view.

Naughty ness aside. there are tons of hiking trails around there where one can just be by themselves and enjoy the view. If your respectful it's not a bad place to enjoy a beer and watch the city lights twinkle in the night from horizon to horizon all night.

How far on mulholland did you go? If you drove by the lookout near cahuenga that looks over the hollywood sign and the hollywood bowl etc. than thats the area I grew up in. right off Outpost.

Hopefully the residents were nice and weren't riding your butt trying to goad you into going 50 MPH up there like they all do. People drive real fast up there.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
damn that really blows!!! i have seen that too and just ugh it gets to me at least throw your crap away! one time i cried at the site of pollution at a local park.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I want to cry when I see that stuff too. I haven't yet but like the native american a lone tear builds up when I see the disrespect tword nature like that. When i went off to collage the one thing that helped get me through the homesick times were to think about how one day soon I'll be hiking through the sunny hillsides smelling the wild sage and staring down on vistas of yellow mustard flower covered hillsides. That usually got me through the 20 degree boston weather.

like I said. fine drink in the woods, have fun with your significant other. just be respectful to other people and to mother nature.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Saddly the influence of man and party mad teenagers is everywhere.
Glass is especially dangerous and disrespectful.
Man is so lost because he has no connections
modern society is sick and diseased

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
yeah and to think t hat on occasion I enjoy walking barfoot outside. sometimes even in the brush
and it sucks to have to doge glass. the sticks and jagged pepples are bad enough. But sometimes it feels good to have raw dirt under your foot and not some shoe.

Glass sucks.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
we weren't on Mulholland very long, maybe a mile or so... then turned around, it was getting late in the evening and she wanted to head back towards Anaheim before dark...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ah i see. Well next time you're out in LA let me know and I'll make sure you get the grande tour. plus I know my way around town so I could get you to the sights faster than mapquest. and still have you home by the end of the day.

join