It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Tom and Cave Hill Connecticut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me if they know anything about this place?

From what I've read its a hotspot for subterranean noise and air phenomenoen since before the Pilgrims landed.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything.

Thanks.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
are you talking about mount tom in holyoke MA? cuz i live very close and have been up there many times. ive heard nothing about this. but im vert interested!!!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
MOUNT TOM?? That's in Mass. Not Connecticut.

Sure I can tell you about it. I grew up not too far from there.

It has ski slopes. It's got a fun wave pool and water slide park. It also has an alpine slide. Those are fun little sleds on wheels that you go down the mountain on .. on a cement track. MAJOR fun in the fall when the leaves are turning colors. Great view.

That's what I know about Mount Tom. Also - that you can see it from far away. It's kind of a landmark on the horizon that we look for.

Being old New England I'm sure that there are a few ghost stories in the area. But as far as any of the stuff you listed? Nope. No info. Never heard of those things.

[edit on 5/28/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
well the ski area is abandoned(closed 1997). and mt. park is LONG gone (closed 1987). but the land was bought last year and they are cleaning it up to build something at the old mt. park. i was at the ski area 3 weeks ago. theres now a huge mine goin on up there. im right next to the mount. so if theres anything u need to know i can tell you or find out...

[edit on 28-5-2007 by MABMX413]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well I'm asking because I was reading this and had never heard anything about it. Sorry I know the color is very hard on the eyes. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list and look read the second from the bottom.
External Link Project Redbook

I live in New Hampshire so thats why I was asking.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
thanks for pointing that out out. thats a different mt. tom. damn it i was excited too!

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are the alpine slides still open

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article on the "Moodus Noises."

As I live in CT as well, I found it quite interesting that this was right in our backyard!!

www.curbstone.org...

top topics

join