It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are cybernetic and here is the reason.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Think about it. We as humans have already developed a prosthetic heart. Prosthetic limbs. There is a controversy about a girl with prosthetic legs not being allowed to compete in running because she has an unfair advantage. Her legs perform better than a normal human's. We have also interfaced the wires of a camera to the optic nerve in the eye socket, allowing blind people to see. In fifty years these technologies will be farther along. One day we might install ultra high definition prosthetic eyeballs in our sockets with such abilities as zooming and night vision. Think this is science fiction? These technologies are already in development and show promise. In due time we will find a way to replace the energy systems in our bodies, no longer needing to eat or produce waste. Perhaps our bodies will feed off of long lasting fuel cells. And that's just the beginning. In two hundred years we might be able to remove our brains and interface the nerve endings with an entirely robotic body that is far more efficient than our current one. Have you seen the latest advancements in robotics? Look at how well Honda's humanoid, Asimo can walk. Imagine Asimo in only fifty years. Far beyond that time frame we will develop prosthetic brains that we will transfer our memories and consciousness into. Everything we know and see and remember are only electrical impulses in a complex hive of living tissue after all. There is no magic here. Some theories suggest that we can transfer memories into hard drives with massive storage within a robotic "postronic brain". Our new bodies will be resistant to the heat and cold of space as well as all sorts of radiation. Our brains will have wireless communication and we will talk with each other simply with thought. We will travel vast distances and live for centuries on our great journeys into space. If we already have a handle on these technologies and these notions, imagine a space fairing civilization that is eons and eons older than we are. They must have already found a way to transform into pure energy with omniscient abilities that can travel across the universe at will. My question is, why are all the aliens we have heard about still composed of organic squishy grey skin? They can travel light years across the universe but they haven't made better bodies for themselves? I guess that's a bad question. I always ask the question: We can beam television images from satellites in space to our rooftop satellite dishes but we can't cure cancer and AIDS? Hahah it just seems sort of strange but I'm sure there are reasons. With all that said, has anybody heard of a race of cybernetic aliens?

[edit on 25-5-2007 by MetisElara]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My question is, why are all the aliens we have heard about still composed of organic squishy grey skin? They can travel light years across the universe but they haven't made better bodies for themselves?

Maybe they just appear that way, i seriously doubt that is their true look or that they need bodys at all. Im guessing they are so advance they can probably appear in any form they want and they probably dont even need bodys.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah, why do they walk around with nothing covering their bodies? They look like frigging animals. They gotta be a little more sofisticated than that if they've travelled half way across the galaxy, or wherever they come from.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pak88
My question is, why are all the aliens we have heard about still composed of organic squishy grey skin? They can travel light years across the universe but they haven't made better bodies for themselves?

Maybe their skin is not organic? And who knows what kind of environment they come from, and if they need a better body?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Yeah, why do they walk around with nothing covering their bodies? They look like frigging animals. They gotta be a little more sofisticated than that if they've travelled half way across the galaxy, or wherever they come from.

It's some kind of outer protective layer. The black eyes are nothing but lenses of some description. I doubt that their actual skin colour is grey. I wonder if this grey outer layer is some kind of hydration system. Maybe these beings are aquatic in origin and wear these "suits" to allow them to survive out of water...

If the grey colour *is* actually skin pigmentation then maybe they are related to animals similar to our sea mammals, dolphins etc. I can’t imagine how a biped could possibly evolve with grey skin unless it’s environment was void of sunlight.

*re-reads the post... laughs at the sheer amount of speculation*

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

why are all the aliens we have heard about still composed of organic squishy grey skin?

Accounts tell of people touching the greys. Their bodies are not soft and feel quite the opposite according to reports. Their mouths don't move so that definitely lends support to your hypothesis. Very interesting, but impossible to be sure.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've thought about things like this before. When you think about how technology just gets smaller and smaller, you have to ask yourself where does it end? Well the answer most likely is that we will not be satisfied until we can make a 'synthetic cell' that can go in and repair damage caused by ailments or detioration. This would remove the worry of diseases and hopefully will lead to much longer (if not eternal) lives if cells can truly restore organs and tissues.

I think any intelligent being would have the curiosity to want to explore their universe, and want to live the healthiest, happiest, longest lives they could, and the technology they have is a product of those 2 things, whether they know is or not. So maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is when we have the technology to be able to achieve these things and become masters of our universe.

They already are finding materials that have all sorts of properties that we wouldn't think possible (such as rubber metal) so the idea of using things like this to make protective 'skin like' suits is not too far fetched. We would also need to figure out a form of free energy that would allows us to not be constrained by inefficient fuels we have now, to be able to travel great distances.

Who knows maybe the idea of a god, creator, intelligent designer is really just the unseen energy force that makes us evolve towards these advancements in order to reach a sort of heaven. I am not christian by any means but the idea of being able to travel the universe without worries about health or time would be a good definition of heaven for me

Maybe one day we will realize what we are really here for, and what we should be working towards. Instead of worrying about how big our rims are or how big our mansion is we should see that these things are the smallest most insignificant things when you look at the universe as a whole.

Ram

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think Rubber metal too..
Hard on the outside - soft on the inside..

Just like photo paper for the printer...With two different sides.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Since we don't have one readily available to us to perform a quick Alien Autopsy, I would like to suggest that the Greys are actually intelligent robots from our own future, that we created, who have traveled back in time to try and figure out just how we squishy organic creatures with such limited lifespans managed to create them.

Human beings are a transitional species between organic and synthetic life on this planet (and eventually others). We're already well on our way to creating conscious, intelligent life through our technology. Just imagine what this life will be like in 50,000 years or so. Human beings as they are now will be long gone.

And so our clever, artificial offspring have returned to study us. Good for them.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Since we don't have one readily available to us to perform a quick Alien Autopsy, I would like to suggest that the Greys are actually intelligent robots from our own future, that we created, who have traveled back in time to try and figure out just how we squishy organic creatures with such limited lifespans managed to create them.

Human beings are a transitional species between organic and synthetic life on this planet (and eventually others). We're already well on our way to creating conscious, intelligent life through our technology. Just imagine what this life will be like in 50,000 years or so. Human beings as they are now will be long gone.

And so our clever, artificial offspring have returned to study us. Good for them.

Thats an interesting idea... Maybe they are trying to fix something that went wrong???

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pak88

Squishy? You mean like this squishy alien?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

Thats an interesting idea... Maybe they are trying to fix something that went wrong???

Oh, it doesn't work like that. There is no "right" or "wrong" when it comes to the past. Stuff happens, then other stuff happens. There's no fixing it, because nothing's broken.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Interesting concept.

I was just watching an older commentary by SETI's Seth Shostak who said he thought there was a significant possibility that 'first contact' could be with a cybernetic form of 'life'.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a Stargate episode to me. Why turn into metal or plastic when u can just genetically engineer yourself to have any ability you want and live as long as you want. Artificial parts are inherently inferior at the molecular level. Only bio systems can be repaired. Even a nanomachine is done for when it breaks, living systems can repair and reproduce.

If I were a grey, I would have genetically engineered a body to absorb needed nutrients via skin so as to no longer need a bathroom. I would have a big and sophisticated brain, night vision. I would have reptilian skin as it stays clean and doesn't shed cells in the spaceship. I wouldnt need a mouth or nose or external ears. I wouldnt need big muscles or a heavy duty skeleton. Basically, that's what they are...Homo Astronauticus...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
this is all very well , but during all of this transformation they will quickly learn that there is one part of the human infrastructure that cant be converted to a microchip.

the human soul.

Brainless Boy

One related case that has received more exposure than most is that of Andrew Vandal, who was born on 12 July 1984. In the early stages of his development in the womb a cyst appeared on the stem of his brain. Known as an atelencephic aprosencephaly, this destructive event left the boy with a cranium containing nothing but fluid. In some cases, it can even leave victims with no detectible brain at all - a condition known as anencephaly or "brainlessness." Cases like Andrew's are again usually terminated before birth, but in this instance the subject was born and then put up for adoption. He was adopted by a pædiatric nurse, Kaye Vandal, from Wallingford, Connecticut, US, who, when last asked about Andrew's welfare, stated that she remained devoted to "giving him the best quality life for however long he lives." At the same time, Kaye stated that, against doctors' predictions, Andrew was able to laugh, giggle and smile and, has a "glowing, outgoing, bubbly personality." Kaye also stated that her young charge was able to respond to stimulus and was maturing mentally; both of which doctors believed to be impossible, considering his complete absence of brain matter.

Andrew was, however, unable to speak, and was cortically blind; that is, he could see images, but was unable to interpret them. Andrew was also incapable of walking, but did manage to drag himself along on his back. Cases such as Andrew's provide real-life testimony to our astonishing adaptability as biological organisms.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nice post.

Got me to thinking...
Why install manufactured parts, when (hypothetically) they have the
ability to produce clones ?

Sure, beef up a few for special purposes or what not, but just mass
produce purely organic clones for the dirty work.

Lex

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
this is all very well , but during all of this transformation they will quickly learn that there is one part of the human infrastructure that cant be converted to a microchip.

the human soul.

That'll all be taken care of with Soul 1.0 software. Beta testing is expected to last 5,000 years, at which time it should be ready for roll-out.

Besides, I see plenty of people walking around who have no souls at all, and they apparently do just fine. You do know that the total number of souls available in the Universe is just slightly over 4 billion.

Seriously, though. "The human soul?" Ha. Like there is one. Prove it with something other than the dubious story you posted.

"Soul." Yeah, right!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Interesting concept.

I was just watching an older commentary by SETI's Seth Shostak who said he thought there was a significant possibility that 'first contact' could be with a cybernetic form of 'life'.

Sure, that's because us squishy organic creatures are really not cut out for living anywhere but on Earth, and then only for a very short time. Outer space is big and harsh, and our species will be very lucky to make it to even our closest planetary neighbors.

On the other hand, our homemade sentient artificial life form could hop on even a relatively slow rocket and just shut itself off until it got to its destination. Then it wakes itself up and goes to work like it was the next day, not a thousand years. The work? Making more of its kind. Give it a billion years or so, and the whole galaxy will be just crawling with artificial life.

We, of course, will be long forgotten. But such is the way of things. Oh, well.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hey guys, great points. Why not use DNA to engineer more resilient and robust systems within our bodies rather than manufacturing cybernetic parts to interface our bodies with? We can be biological robots of our own design. I doubt we'll advance in DNA faster than robotics though... I'm sticking to metal and silicon, or whatever ET's may use to create circuits and chips. I don't know, perhaps when both genetics and robotics are advanced enough there will be a synthesis. Live metal with regenerative properties anyone? Biological metal!? What an oxymoron.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by MetisElara]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

I find a crazy irony in people who argue like this.. Aliens don't have to conform to our preconceived notions.

They don't 'gotta' be anything.

We don't even know what they're supposed to look like, not 100% - going by others alleged experiences, they appear quite varied and obscure.

Even the yeti cannot be describe coherently by those who have apparently seen one.

A common basis underlies all cases - Something was seen, and it was different to what is known.

We, naturally, make up the rest because thats just how humans work.. It's how myths, folklore, legends are born. From subtle truth "can" come phenomenal fiction.

But we cant use these things as a rule of thumb..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join