It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
Here, since you obviously dont know history...

Condescension works way better when you actually make a valid point. Here, I'll show you...

Does this not seem like 9/11 and the patriot act?

No. No it doesn't. The Patriot act is a yipping pug next to the Great Dane that was the Reichstag Fire Decree. The fact that you would even compare the two takes your credibility as a "historian" to NIL.

I don't know history (obviously), but I do know that the Fire Decree SPECIFICALLY renounced all rights afforded to the German people including (a) habeas corpus, (b) freedom of OPINION, and (c) freedom of the press.

Those are MAJOR, MAJOR rights. Here's another way that we can highlight the difference:

If you were shooting your mouth off in a Hitler's Germany like you are right now, you'd be JAILED.

Do you see the difference? You should be able to. It's pretty big.

how about this bill signed by bush?

How about it? Have you read it? As pointed out SEVERAL times now, it is updated by every president coming in to office...it DOES NOT remove the three seperate branches of government...it says NOTHING of citizen rights being taken away (QUITE THE OPPOSITE, IN FACT)...and nowhere, NOWHERE does it even come CLOSE to mentioning the suspension of presidential elections.

So...what were you basing your opinion on again?

I don't care if you dont want to see the facts, I'm writing this to those who want to see them.

Until you actually post something more than paranoid fiction, I would respectfully request that you place quotations around the word facts (i.e., "facts").

Thanks a bunch.

(See how valid points actually make the condescension more fun? Try it...I dare ya.)

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
DG, When President Bush leaves office next year, and his successor recinds all of his Draconian laws and directives will you admit you may have been a wee bit paranoid?

You do know that's not going to happen, don't you?

You know what would be even better? If we could find out who's really calling the shots, and see to it that they don't get to anymore. The president can't do this alone I'm afraid. He needs help from somewhere. I'd like to know from where, and from whom.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
whats with the attack? What part of "Opinion" do you not understand? It's not your opinion, it's mine. I never once said anything to effect of me being a historian, so for you to attempt to discredit me with your "Rock solid facts", you've "*probably" downloaded from your parents basement in an attempt to claim the title as the worlds greatest naysayer. This is a site based on conspiracy not based on who has the greatest historical data. For you to come here and attack my opinion not once but twice is absolutely ludacris. If you feel the need to do this why not start your own website based off your absolute knowledge of all that is. I will not visit it but I'm sure there are other midlife angry people out there looking to attack others opinions with what they "Know" about things they never actually took part in. There's always 3 sides to a story, side a, side b, and the truth. Unless you actually lived it then you are only either a or b. I'm not saying everything I say is 100% down to a tee Accurate, I'm just pointing out things people may or may not already know.

"*probably" meaning, I'm not sure whether you did or not. But you come across as that type of person, what with your lash out attempt to proove you are a "**master of the universe".

"**master of the universe" you're probably not that either, but it sounds like you think you know every single detail about history.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You know what would be even better? If we could find out who's really calling the shots, and see to it that they don't get to anymore. The president can't do this alone I'm afraid. He needs help from somewhere. I'd like to know from where, and from whom.

It's easy. It's the bilderberg crowd, Rockefeller, Rothschild, Bush Sr., Kissinger... just look at the top bilderberger and you'll have your answer.

And darkbluesky, you're lying to yourself if you think that Hillary or Guiliani will repel anything that Bush gave himself. The only one that can save the situation is Ron Paul, all others are neo-cons.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And darkbluesky, you're lying to yourself if you think that Hillary or Guiliani will repel anything that Bush gave himself. The only one that can save the situation is Ron Paul, all others are neo-cons.

And who's to say that he's not been bought as well? It's my firm belief that all candidates that make it so far in an election campaign to be selected for the final vote are all in the pockets of big business. Why you ask? Simply because they are all given "campaign contributions" by several different corporations, which effectively makes them the unwitting slave of the corp's that "bought" them.

This makes elections nothing but an auction for the highest bidder. The people's elective powers are so diminished that We no longer have a say. For proof of this, look no further than the Electoral College and the 2000 election. Again, bought and paid for by your friendly corporation.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
He ALLOWED an entire American city to drown for crying out loud! He knew it was coming, and knew it at least five days before Katrina made landfall. The wealthy had no problem getting out in time, but the poor, which he has NO USE FOR were left to fend for themselves! Five days notice was plenty of time to evacuate those poor souls, but he was too busy playing air guitar while Kindasleeza was buying shoes.

Not to come off as if I'm defending someone who has no respect for the constitution, but I felt this comment relieved the true culprits of their accountability..
Allow me to explain..
That issue about the low income urban community getting flooded was the Mayor of New Orleans, and the Parish of Louisiana's government's fault (and negligence ) they weren't moved out. I remember a News special on this very topic.. It showed a parking lot FULL of municipal buses parked in a flood zone. The Parish of Louisiana has received more federal funding allocated to the core of engineers than any other state for over a decade.
How can you say they had 5 days when Katrina was targeted for Pensacola until the last 36 hours? I should know, I live in the Florida panhandle..
Believe me, I am in agreement with the general outrage directed at Bush's ethical misconduct and legal manipulation of the laws, but let's keep things realistic. Otherwise, legitimate gripes, such as the O.P.'s topic, lose their momentum.
I mean, what's next?
Sour milk in my fridge that was 5 days past the date... Damn President should have thrown it out for me!!

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Tattoo1377]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
TheBorg: I understand you, but Ron Paul is NOT receiving money from corporate interests, he's only receiving from people. Proof of that: he only got around 600.000$ compare to the 30 millions of Hillary and Obama.

Also, he's being targeted in all medias as being crazy, the republicans pushed for him to be kicked out of the debates. Also, he's been in congress for at least 15 years and he never voted against the american people, voted against the Iraq war, voted against his own pay rise, voted against the patriot act, voted against any laws restricting the second amendment, voted against any increase of size of federal government... He hasn't been corrupt for all his life, why change if he become president?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Here in CANADA we thought he was just "the decider in chief"
You Americans are being led around in circles..the only thing that they understand is PEOPLE ON THE STREET. Get off your asses and get your country back...call write visit your representatives..BECOME ENGAGED in your political process or be prepared to bar your doors against the day that the Government turns its attention to anyone who voices dissent...(its happening now )
IRS Audits, false charges, search and surveillance electronic monitoring..
A nation that gives up freedom for security ..deserves neither
cryptome.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

TheBorg: I understand you, but Ron Paul is NOT receiving money from corporate interests, he's only receiving from people. Proof of that: he only got around 600.000$ compare to the 30 millions of Hillary and Obama.

How can we be sure of this?

Let's assume that this is the case though. What's going to happen when the election goes his way? The same thing that happened in 2000; the people in charge of assuring the pre-decided candidate makes it will botch the electoral votes so that the one they want to win does so. We'll have to wait and see though. I do hope you're right though.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Let's assume that this is the case though. What's going to happen when the election goes his way? The same thing that happened in 2000; the people in charge of assuring the pre-decided candidate makes it will botch the electoral votes so that the one they want to win does so. We'll have to wait and see though. I do hope you're right though.

I'm pretty sure i'm right about Ron Paul, because to be evil, you have to practice... and Ron Paul isn't like that.

Anyway, Al Gore was a neo-con too back in 00, so it would be a first timer if Ron Paul is elected. If he's leading in the polls and he lose, it will be riots, because now, people now that Ron Paul is the only one not corrupt, the only one that can save america and for the first time in history, BOTH the congress and the president are hated by the american people... We could see very interesting things in 08 if Ron Paul is nominee or running third party.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Parry noid,

My apologies for misunderstanding your intentions on this thread.

In the future, when you're looking to have an amicable discussion devoid of historical facts, please signal me by not starting your post like this...

Originally posted by parry noid
Here, since you obviously dont know history...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Anyway, Al Gore was a neo-con too back in 00, so it would be a first timer if Ron Paul is elected. If he's leading in the polls and he lose, it will be riots, because now, people now that Ron Paul is the only one not corrupt, the only one that can save america and for the first time in history, BOTH the congress and the president are hated by the american people... We could see very interesting things in 08 if Ron Paul is nominee or running third party.

But doesn't it seem a bit too suspicious that Ron Paul just happens to be the only one appearing to "fly under the radar" to anyone but me? I find this as important a tell as anything I've seen as yet. Remember well that those claiming the haughtiest goals are the ones we'll need to watch the closest.

What happens if when we elect him, he turns out just like all other presidents, and doesn't do squat to help us? What do we do then?

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Continuity of Government???? Have you guys read the entire doctrine? The link to the white house page is listed on the first post. This is the NWO in action, folks.

Why the heck would we need a continuity of government if terrorists or another country attacked us? If that happened, the American people would want the government to respond and would rally behind them.

This has everything to do with the realization of our NWO government that the citizens of this country are going to overthrow it. Take a look at this:

(22) Revocation. Presidential Decision Directive 67 of October 21, 1998 ("Enduring Constitutional Government and Continuity of Government Operations"), including all Annexes thereto, is hereby revoked.

That states that in the event of an attack on America by any party, that the "enduring CONSTITUTIONAL government" can be replaced by another form of government operations that may not be within the realms of our constitution.

I've been saying this for awhile, and I'll say it again. The world is coming to a mass awakening of consciousness and is realizing the truth. They have seen the lies that we have been told and people aren't going to accept it anymore. The United States as we know it, in my opinion, will cease to exist within the next 5 years.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The Borg, like you said, wouldn't be worse than any other president right? So what we have to lose? Nothing. Anyway, his record is clean, he never went to any Bilderberg/CFR/Bohemian Grove/Skulls and Bones stuff and he's always debating and blasting the scum in congress. He have been since his first mandate at least 30 years ago. He's a doctor, he's grandfather... I don't know what we could ask more and he's clearly different than any candidate. He's also a 9/11 truther but don't talk about it in the debates for obvious motives.

Would you have said the same thing about the founding fathers back in 1774-1776? It's impossible that they are really on our side, they must be paid by Great Britain. Things like that... let's try it we have nothing to lose.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
See, G. HW Bush. Clinton. GW Bush. Clinton?

Pretty pattern... leaving you with almost a quarter century of the same two groups in office..

Very good reasoning in that post Inanna, and I tend to agree with you. Cute AV too! Kawaii!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this information OP..
But I would like to know what this boils down too? What does this enpower Bush to do exactly? Or does this just make more talk for people to belive that this puppet bush has any kind of real power?

The Borg. I would like to listen more about what you have to say about Ron Paul and him getting under the radar as you suggest.. prehaps another thread with your thoughts, I would like to hear more, as I would tend to belive what you have feelings about this new "hero".
Its great to feel like we have a choice here, but bottom line that hasnt been the case for many years now.. I just dont see Ron Paul being any different.. The only difference is in the paper wrapping..

Thanks agin..

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It's my opinion that Ron Paul, like all before him, will be bought and paid for by the elites at the top of the chain, if he hasn't been already. Big business has their dirty little hands in everything, and it makes for bad dealings with people. With money comes power, and power corrupts. So, naturally, those with the most money will be the most corrupt.

I guess I see a lot of linear similarities between what's going on right now here in America and the Star Wars Series. Maybe I'm just looking too hard for a glimpse of what to expect, but I can't shake this feeling that what I'm seeing on the big screen is the truth of our future, if we don't stand up to stop it. I think that Ron Paul might turn out to be a figure like Senator Palpatine in the series.

It's all sparked by the old phrase, "if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is."

Truth be told, I hope that I'm as wet as a fresh diaper. The sad part is though, that I don't think I am. There's far too many subtle things that suggest that I'm right. For proof, watch the news. Crooks getting off scott-free just because they know someone. Thieves stealing our money and getting away with it, all in the name of big business.

There's far too many corporate alliances (Trade Federations) that have sprung up to simply ignore. The truth is that this world is much darker than most give it credit for. It's ripe for a Palpatine-like figure to come in and usurp control, and then start a war the likes of which hasn't been seen in the history of the planet.

Sorry for my glum outlook on this, but it is what it is, my opinion. Take it as such.

Best regards,
TheBorg

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
Ahhh, and so it begins. Betcha there'll be a 'catastrophe', oh say, right before '08 elections. Betcha He won't step down. He's testing Our reaction. How kind of Him to ease Us into a dictatorship.

And notice what is the last name of the reporter in the article from Progressive.org in the OP?

As for the 'catastrophe' or 'Black Flag'...certainly keep an eye on the appeal by the Libyan to overturn his conviction over Lockerbie.

I can see him being freed in return for Gaddaffi's continued co-operation with the US and UK in the 'War on Terror', as in opening up Libya's energy reserves.

Of course the question will then be asked, if not Libya who carried out Lockerbie, then whom?

Expect the fingers to conveniantly point at Iran.

Mark my words.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
TheBorg: I hope you're wrong, because if you are right, america is really doomed and to end it, it will take thousands people dying in the streets and nobody want that except those in power. IMO, people are corrupt BEFORE entering office or running for president, but that's only my opinion. I think Ron Paul have been too much there to just starting now to be corrupt. But you could be right, hell is paved with good intentions...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Grover, I think what you are referring to are the PDD (Presdiential Decision Directive) and about 10 Executive Orders that Jack Kennedy wrote in 1962 during the Cuban Missle Crisis to take over all government, public and even private utilities, banks, transportation, etc. in the event of a catastrophic emergency Those are still in effect, since executive orders do not expire with the end of their authors tenure in the WH.

Yes, but this one is different because as I posted elsewhere in here, towards the end of the directive he mentions where a previous one (or several) have hereby been revoked. He's a sick, scary man (and even worse is the VP who orchestrated 9/11) that needs to be.... well I guess I can't say that on a public forum or I might be accused of treason. I'm not treasonous, I'm a patriot. What this man and Cheney are doing and have been doing to the American people is treasonous and he should be tried, convicted and sentenced to death. YES, it is THAT serious -- these people are criminals and have killed Americans on their own soil and on foreign soil, INTENTIONALLY for the purpose of greed and power.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join