It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Real Life Ghost Story!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Alright, here we go.

My grandparents have always told me stories of the ghosts that haunt their house. They still mention it to this day, just as though it's the most normal thing in the world. They claim that there is a womans ghost, as well as the ghost of a small child, that lives in the house. They say they can be heard walking around upstairs, sometimes moving furniture. They also say sometimes they can hear an old basketball they have upstairs bouncing around. (They say this is the child playing) They also claim that doors throughout the house will open and close, and sometimes they can even hear soft voices. My mother and both my uncles insist these stories are true as well. Also, one time when my family was visiting them, my little sister (who was 4 at the time) said she saw a little girl waving at her from the upstairs window! The freaky thing about this was that none of use had ever told her the stories of the ghosts yet! We didn't want to scare her!

Now, even after hearing these stories my whole life, and having my own family repeatedly tell me they have seen things, I still did not believe their ghosts in that house. Until now!!

Over the past weekend, my wife and I went to visit my grandparents and stayed with them. We stayed in the spare bedroom upstairs the first night, and the second we slept on the sofabed downstairs. Here's what happened...

Not too long after we laid down and turned the lights out, the bedroom door opened itself all the way, and then slowly closed. About thirty seconds later, the attic door opened itself and then closed. Now, my wife was already sleeping so she didn't see the doors (if she had we would have been out of their in seconds!). After the doors, I woke her up and said, "I think there's something up here." Just as she was about to say something (sarcastic I'm sure
), we heard something fall (or bounce?) in the attic. After that, we got up to head downstairs. Then, about halfway down the stairs, we heard the bedroom door close behind us!!

Needless to say we didn't sleep much all weekend.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If anyone has any comments on this I'd love to hear them! I've always believed in ghosts, but now I have first hand experience!

I'd like to hear your own stories as well!

Anythings welcome.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think it's fascinating. I have posted b4 about the weird noises in my house.
I have never SEEN anything paranormal, but for appx the last 5 years, I and
several others have heard strange, strange noises. There will be a 3-4 day
'wave' of noises, then it's quiet for months. It's weird...no one has died here,
no traumatic events....nothing that seems to warrant a haunting.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
I think it's fascinating. I have posted b4 about the weird noises in my house.
I have never SEEN anything paranormal, but for appx the last 5 years, I and
several others have heard strange, strange noises. There will be a 3-4 day
'wave' of noises, then it's quiet for months. It's weird...no one has died here,
no traumatic events....nothing that seems to warrant a haunting.

That's what's always fascinated me about their house. It is a very very old house, but as far as they know, there have been no deaths there. They say this kind of stuff happens every single day.

Maybe I should try to get these occurances on tape?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
hi nyk537
read my story

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i believed in ghosts before this happened but now i REALLY BELIEVE.
i think it makes you open your mind a little more.

i read about people who has not had the expirence first hand and they say they would take photos and get a camcorder or try to make contact, but when it happens for the first time, you do not think straight. i was terrified and shocked and my mind was exploding. when my friend spooned against my back, i didnt feel like i was in danger or something bad was going to happen to me, my mind just could not cope with the situation (if that makes sense) and i freaked out. as soon as my friend left, i felt guilty that i let her down and i mean really guilty
she had a habit of that

i would now love her to come back now, i think i could cope this time

your grandparents have lived with it for a long time and i would say they have never been harmed, just a little freaked at the beginning

nice story nyk537

and yes get back there with a camcorder

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
this is a very interesting story. the evidence is there, and now you just have to get it. as long as your grandparents don't mind, you should definitely go stay with them again, with a camera
, and then post the finds here.

Happy Hunting!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'll be staying with my grandparents again the weekend after next. I told them what I would like to do (as far as taping and recording), and they said to come back then and try. They are a little nervous that it might make the "spirits' uncomfortable or mad. I'm not sure about that, but I guess they have lived with them for decades! I'll be video taping the doors at night when I try to sleep. I may also put a camera in the attic as well. I'll probably also do some audio recording overnight. You can bet you guys will see everything when I'm done too!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just because there have been no deaths, or incidents of a traumatic nature doesn't mean the house can't be haunted. Perhaps an old tennant has decided to spend their time in death where they were most happy

Can't wait to see what you find, make sure you cover things from as many angles as possible to rule out any natural causes!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
Just because there have been no deaths, or incidents of a traumatic nature doesn't mean the house can't be haunted. Perhaps an old tennant has decided to spend their time in death where they were most happy

Can't wait to see what you find, make sure you cover things from as many angles as possible to rule out any natural causes!

You guys don't have to worry about that. I've been ripping into people on the paranormal boards for a long time about stuff like this. I'll be sure to give this the attention and respect it deserves.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
pretty interesting story I myself have witnessed paranormal (well if you call seeing and hearing witnessing than I have) activity it's freaky stuff but I would assume that after a while it would become normal

top topics

join