It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil declines to sign $750 million deal to buy Su-35 fighters from Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Vladimir Putin's visit to Brazil was supposed to end the long-standing tender connected with the delivery of Russian Su-35 pursuit planes to Brazil. “Our offer for Su-35 planes is the best from the commercial and technical point of view. The pursuit plane is designed in compliance with the requirements of the Brazilian Air Force. Unlike the competitors, we offer a complex delivery with all necessary equipment and adequate offset programs. The package also includes an opportunity for Brazil to participate in the production of Su-35 planes, their modernization and the post-sale servicing,” the general director of the Sukhoi holding, Mikhail Pogosyan told the Izvestia prior to Putin's visit to Brazil.

I'm surprised Brazil is even thinking of buying of buying such an expensive fighter. I thought President Lula was going to use the money to "combat poverty" in Brazil. I see no need for any new fighters as Brazil has the largest air force in South America.

I'm hoping that brazil would choose the Saab Gripen over the Su-35 since there is no need for air superiority in a peaceful country.
Review this link

[edit on 10-5-2007 by Falken]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They are thinking about Venezuela.

The two aren't friends and are becoming competitors.

new topics

join