It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotty of Star Trek ashes are lost !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Scotty of Star Trek ashes are lost !

news.yahoo.com

The search for the UP Aerospace payload of experiments and the cremated remains of some 200 people - including "Scotty" of Star Trek fame, as well as pioneeering

NASA Mercury astronaut, Gordon Cooper - continues within rugged New Mexico mountain landscape.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-5-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What ?? Lost ?? NASA cannot even keep track of its rockets or payloads anymore ??

Sheesh !!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
wasn't nasa's fault it wasn't their rocket. it was a private company launch .
not launched by nasa.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Not according to the article. (?)

The many remains and experiments did Go into space as intended, the problem seems to be finding the capsule after it parachuted back to Earth ... dense vegetation in mountainous terrain.

As for "Scotty" ... I was under the impression his remains were to be sent Out into space, not just rocketed into a sub-orbital trajectory ultimately parachuting back to Earth.

Either way... I hope the parachute(s) opened properly and that this capsule faired better than the comet dust collector.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I hope the parachute didn't fail. A cremated Scotty would be an awful lot of ashes.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Scotty's Ashes Found

The ashes has been recovered.

BBC: Scotty's orbiting ashes recovered

The ashes of late Star Trek actor James Doohan have been found in mountains in the US state of New Mexico, where they landed after a brief flight in space.

The capsule containing his remains - and those of 200 other people - had been missing for three weeks, after falling back to earth from sub-orbit.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Sorry Im not quite sure whats this all about, Ive never heard of it before, sorry to bother, but what is the meaning of this, a test? Why rocket remains of people to space?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Its coming apart at the seams captain, she cant take much more.....Just give it to me scotty.

I love that show. Im glad they found him I liked him to.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
He finally made it!
edit on 23-5-2012 by Aleister because: url

new topics

top topics

join