It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important question about e-mail notifications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
No probs from me. I haven't used it in quite a while, I find it easier just to browse todays posts to see what's been going on. I get enough email in my inbox already!

LAW

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is one of the best features on the site.
Not only has it enabled me to keep up to date with items of iterest, it has enabled me to find people of a similar thought.
In a busy life it also saves me having to troll constantly through the masses of infomation to reply to a debate in a relevate timely fashion.
Please do not stop this function.
Regards Len

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I tried using the email notification function but was receiving too many emails so I turned it off.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've never used and don't plan to any time soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have found that I've missed my e-mail today but I know that I will soon get used to being without it. It's really not that much of a hardship to check my subscriptions One suggestion would be to have a link directly to subscriptions at the top of all pages along side settings just as a quicker route . I know it will only save one click but over a day that would be a lot of clicks saved.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In much other forum software's, only one e-mail is sent to you when people reply to you.. not 1 e-mail for every message.
That would be much more efficient and I think it would lower mails sent for about 30-40%

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad In much other forum software's, only one e-mail is sent to you when people reply to you.. not 1 e-mail for every message. That would be much more efficient and I think it would lower mails sent for about 30-40%
That's how XMB functions as well... everyone in a thread who has subscribed, receives one e-mail for each new message. Some popular threads have over 20 contributors, and get responses at a pace of 5 or more every 10 minutes. The flood of e-mail can be overwhelming for people involved in that thread, and for our e-mail server as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
William/SkepticOverlord:
"Before I decide what to do... I'd like to know how many members rely on the e-mail notification, and how it would impact your "ATS experience" if the service was removed."

I do not nor when I had an account, utilized the "email notification".
Even with my time restraints and schedule(s), I simply make it a point to visit every day or every other day and read responses.
IMHO, "email notification" is a courtesy and luxury, one I have and can live without. I get enough misc. e-mails anyhow....seems this would just add to the clutter in my online mail service.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
E-mail notification was best and worse ATS feature. For older members reply for one year old thread is very fascinating. There are a lot of new minds here and is always possible to get fresh input. But email storm and in my case sms e-mail notification nearly caused catastrophe.

What you think about daily digest covering:

1. Subscription status (latest replies in 24 hours � links with last poster name)
2. Headlines (links with titles) from ATSNN
3. 24 hours site statistics (option)
4. Staff important messages and rants (option)
5. For news addicted - breaking news as published or 2 times daily.

It will keep members in the upright position focused on the mission.

Anyway we are on the way to perfection� Great works William

But... where is subscription option in the post editor?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'll live without it, just have to start using subscribe and favorites.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I never use it Skeptic, I just stay on ATS and look, look, look...ect..ect...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join