It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fake a UFO video..the software

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Since everyone likes to post the fake Alien videos without much critical thinking, I'll just make it easy for y'all to make your own, then post them to Youtube to ruin any credible evidence that is out there.

Here we go..the art of matchmoving in Maya, free software to motion track! Have fun kiddies..

www.digilab.uni-hannover.de...

The voodoo camera tracker is availabe for free download from www.digilab.uni-hannover.de... as a binary file for Linux and Windows.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by wildone106]

And by the way if your gonna do it..do it RIGHT.. unlike 99.9% of the fake videos I see the person responsible always manages to screw up the tracking, or adds wacky special FX that someone with a decent eye can pick up..just fyi

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Great and informative post for people who review You Tube postings and are uncertain of the software and processes available to the masses.

Individuals need to know just how accessible the tools for producing realistic or in this case hoaxed motion footage actually is. I hope this thread leads to a wide discussion which leads to a greater objectivity when viewing the mass of UFO shorts popping up on the various video sites.

I notice that all the commercial 3D packages are supported - even Blender whichis free. "The estimated parameters can be exported to the 3D animation packages: 3D Studio Max, Blender, Lightwave, Maya, and Softimage."

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks! and that was my intent. I've been seeing people even not sure if a ufo video was faked or not, there's some obvious & not so obvious signs they should be aware of when looking at a piece of footage to help judge it better.

1# The ufo/object wobbles or "slides" against the background/sky especially when there is alot of camera movement. Can be hard to see sometimes but its the big giveaway its a fake. The tracking software or user can have a hard time solving the motion when its extremely shaky..so alot of fakes dont even try to move the camera and prefer to keep it locked down thus minimising this effect.

2# This is an obvious one, camera framing..often the shot is framed in such a way that the it looks as if the camerman was expecting the UFo to show up in that very spot! And further more when it appears they smoothly track it in the viewfinder! A good sign it was pre-planned. Although smarter fakers are gettin wise to this.

3# Motion Blur. I've seen some where they didnt even bother to add it, or its over done..hard to get it just right and its an easy telltale.

4# unrealistic/bad special FX. Seems obvious but its overdone usually..not that real ufo's dont do weird stuff but if you wanna get all ILM on it, it'll ruin the effect..

Originally posted by nullster
Great and informative post for people who review You Tube postings and are uncertain of the software and processes available to the masses.

Individuals need to know just how accessible the tools for producing realistic or in this case hoaxed motion footage actually is. I hope this thread leads to a wide discussion which leads to a greater objectivity when viewing the mass of UFO shorts popping up on the various video sites.

I notice that all the commercial 3D packages are supported - even Blender whichis free. "The estimated parameters can be exported to the 3D animation packages: 3D Studio Max, Blender, Lightwave, Maya, and Softimage."

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
wildone -- another tell tale sign about the vast majority of the hoaxed UFO video's is that most of them show the UFO flying from the same distance from where the person would be supposedly recording the UFO with their camera if it was a real case scenario.

So consequently, most of these hoaxed CGI movies are showing an object that's aprox the same size flying out there in the distance somewhere...

Lol, one would have to assume that if these movies were actually showing real UFO's, then UFO's only allow themselves to be seen at a certain distance and at a certain size and at a certain perspective.... Lol, this in itself just shows how limited these hoaxers are when creating such CGI images.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yea nice one! I agree with you there. I just wish people would get past the "ha-ha I fooled you" mentality. Yes its relatively easy to make a fake ufo video. Yes some people will believe its real. OK LETS MOVE ON. The only thing it proves is the person's ego is gettin a good rub!

Originally posted by Palasheea
wildone -- another tell tale sign about the vast majority of the hoaxed UFO video's is that most of them show the UFO flying from the same distance from where the person would be supposedly recording the UFO with their camera if it was a real case scenario.

So consequently, most of these hoaxed CGI movies are showing an object that's aprox the same size flying out there in the distance somewhere...

Lol, one would have to assume that if these movies were actually showing real UFO's, then UFO's only allow themselves to be seen at a certain distance and at a certain size and at a certain perspective.... Lol, this in itself just shows how limited these hoaxers are when creating such CGI images.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Actually, thank you, bud!
Now I won't even bother to watch any video unless I know it was shot by NASA or something. UFO will remain a thing of YouTube exculsively. 11 y.olds will compete who fakes UFO best. Of course, crafts will more and more resemble Star Wars destroyers.
)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Its been that way for quite a while

Originally posted by BitDust
Actually, thank you, bud!
Now I won't even bother to watch any video unless I know it was shot by NASA or something. UFO will remain a thing of YouTube exculsively. 11 y.olds will compete who fakes UFO best. Of course, crafts will more and more resemble Star Wars destroyers.
)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
Since everyone likes to post the fake Alien videos without much critical thinking, I'll just make it easy for y'all to make your own, then post them to Youtube to ruin any credible evidence that is out there.

I personally take offense to your post, and in my opinion "you' are here advocating for people to not only "make and fake" a sighting, but are helping in the education factor on how to do it better.

I place you in the same category as I would a hoaxer himself by making such a posting. You are not helping the community at all, but helping pull it down. It's obvious that you do want "to ruin any credible evidence" as you stated.

You should be ashamed of yourself, how dare you promote fraud and deceit..!

Johnny

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
J.A.
I don't see this at all. I think it's important for people to educate themselves on how these CGI movies are created and the only way to do that is to try to make one yourself just to see how it's done.

There are too many of these CGI UFO movies on U-Tube right now and the only way we can attempt to discourage them from making any more of them is for people to know how to spot those tell tale indicators that prove overwhelmingly that they are fake.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

J.A.
I don't see this at all. I think it's important for people to educate themselves on how these CGI movies are created and the only way to do that is to try to make one yourself just to see how it's done.

There are too many of these CGI UFO movies on U-Tube right now and the only way we can attempt to discourage them from making any more of them is for people to know how to spot those tell tale indicators that prove overwhelmingly that they are fake.

I have to agree with you, you need to know the tools of trade to be able to understand how something "could" be made..

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Education is one thing....

To advocate for people to create a fraud is another... READ CAREFULLY the first posting:

I Quote

"I'll just make it easy for y'all to make your own, then post them to Youtube to ruin any credible evidence that is out there".

Regardless of whether or not one expands their education is dependent solely upon an individual. To advocate and promote the hoaxed creations onto YouTube (or other) is what I'm opposed to...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

To advocate for people to create a fraud is another... READ CAREFULLY the first posting:

I Quote

"I'll just make it easy for y'all to make your own, then post them to Youtube to ruin any credible evidence that is out there".

Regardless of whether or not one expands their education is dependent solely upon an individual. To advocate and promote the hoaxed creations onto YouTube (or other) is what I'm opposed to...

J.A.
Lol, obviously wildone was only being facetious in that comment about putting ones' fake UFO movie on U-Tube. He meant it as a joke and nothing more -- but this does remind us that joking in such a manner in a forum such as this one often times is misinterpreted. That's why it's best to refrain from saying anything sarcastic here on this board because of this.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I tend to lean to the thought that all posts should be made as if I don't know to whom I'm speaking to, and try not to assume that 'everyone knows' what my personality may or may not be...

In this case, I could not tell that the Original Poster was joking or not, and neither would any 'new' members or members that are not acquainted with the postings by a certain member...

You can see how easily I was offended by the post, and I'm far from being a newbie here...

But if you say that the original poster is joking, I'll have to take your word on it as I have no other recourse but to do so...

I would hope then that you would agree, that if someone were not joking but rather advocating the promotion of hoaxing, that then it would be wrong to encourage such behaviour...

I Quote

J.A.
Lol, obviously wildone was only being facetious in that comment about putting ones' fake UFO movie on U-Tube. He meant it as a joke and nothing more -- but this does remind us that joking in such a manner in a forum such as this one often times is misinterpreted. That's why it's best to refrain from saying anything sarcastic here on this board because of this.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
J.A.
I most certainly would agree with you that if anyone were to advocate creating a CGI UFO to post on U-Tube just to see what kind of reaction they would get is not only silly, but wrong too.

Fortunately, most such video's on U-Tube do not provide information about the video nor do they provide accessibility to the person who recorded the suspected CGI UFO video. This alone is just another one of those INDICATORS that shout FAKE.

And another point to be made is -- if the recorder of the UFO is resourceful enough to put his video on U-Tube, he also is resourceful enough to send his footage to MUFON or to Davenport to allow experts to analyze the footage to prove that his footage is authentic. In fact, I dare say that HE WOULD WANT HIS UFO FOOTAGE ANALYZED BY EXPERTS for this reason. And certainly if those experts were to find that it's for real, the person who recorded the video would undoubtedly include that information about their clip including a URL link to contact the expert who analyzed it and found it authentic.
If such information about the clip is not included with the alleged UFO video on a U-Tube page, then it's most likely a CGI clip and nothing more.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is the problem. Why are their so many out their ready to fake a ufo video?

What is it worth, 10 seconds of fame?

And what do they gain in the end?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I personally take offense to your post, and in my opinion "you' are here advocating for people to not only "make and fake" a sighting, but are helping in the education factor on how to do it better.

I place you in the same category as I would a hoaxer himself by making such a posting. You are not helping the community at all, but helping pull it down. It's obvious that you do want "to ruin any credible evidence" as you stated.

You should be ashamed of yourself, how dare you promote fraud and deceit..!

Johnny

I have to agree with your statement.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by selfless]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I Quote

J.A.

Obviously wildone's agenda is to discredit the ufo movement.

It doesn't seem to me like this person even considers the possibility of ufo's to be real (Unidentified Flying Object) seeing as how he teaches you how to do it your self in this very thread in hopes that we add more fakes to it....

This has dis info agenda written all over it.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106

Way to start a thread by tripping the second you put your feet on the ground...

YOU CONTRADICT YOUR SELF IN A MAJOR WAY.

You claim that everyone posts fake alien videos with out much critical thinking, and yet you want us to add to this dis info movement by adding our own fakes from your very instructions on how to proceed???

And you expect us to believe that by teaching the masses how to fake videos you are helping the ufo community? You're a charlatan.

UFO videos means Unidentified Flying Object videos, it does not mean Alien videos even though it's one of the possibilities, it's not the only one.

It's 100% clear to me that your intentions with this thread is to dismiss the existence of aliens by associating aliens to ufo's and at the same time try to inflict your views on us by trying to join your movement of denial by teaching us how to create fake videos.

Don't make me laugh and pretend that your intentions by adding more hoaxed videos out there, is for the sake of diminishing the existence of fake ufo videos.

That kind of circular logic is the work of a person who pretends to want to help but in reality, he wants to add more chaos to the phenomena.

You are the one lacking in critical thinking and i would like to add that i suspect you are no different then this little guy here.

Meet super troll, you guys have a lot in common.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just because you create or recreate a ufo video does not discredit every ufo video that is out there. If you really want to skeptically analyze ufo vids there are some very professional digital analysis software out there. I suggest you get professional help in that type of analysis instead of creating fake videos.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The information in this thread will go a long way in helping to Deny Ignorance.
Pretending or denying people samples of the tools used to pull the wool over peoples eyes is more contemptible. The better the community at large is at spotting the techniques of home spun ufo videos, the better informed the community is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join