It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amur Leopard Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One of the last 7 female Amur Leopards was killed on April 15th or 16th in the Russian Far east. There are an estimated 25-34 of these beautiful cats left in the wild. To have a viable species they need at least 100.

The cat was found after a tip was called in saying it had been killed. It was shot through the tail bone, then hit repeated over the head with a heavy object until it was dead. There has never been an Amur Leopard attack on a human that we know of.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Such a beautiful animal. I would urge an attempt to capture all the surviving animals and put them into a zoo. Not free, true. But they'd be safe. Perhaps a controlled breeding program to recover the species.

Pay the poachers more than they'll make from killing them, and capture them.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You see, this is a perfect example of how careless humans are. It's okay though. Soon much of the cancer will be alleviated, about 60% of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This makes me sick.

This is just one of the ways that we are destroying earth and ourselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Jack, that is very true. Don't expect humanity to wake up and realize it until it is way too late though.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Beaten to death? That is quite simply, disgusting.

Such a senseless act of violence and another step towards these amazing animals being lost forever.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is one of the few subjects that genuinely upsets me

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Jack, that is very true. Don't expect humanity to wake up and realize it until it is way too late though.

I don't expect anyone to realize or care. That's what I find frustrating with it. No one will seem to care untill it is too late.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I don't expect anyone to realize or care. That's what I find frustrating with it. No one will seem to care untill it is too late.

Well, that is true, but I can't understand why someone would do that either.

new topics

top topics

join