It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mythology, UFOs, Molecular Clocks & Geological Anomalies: Are they all connected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one as Occam's razor states, might it be possible to link scientific anomalies listed on ATS together beneath a single, theoretical umbrella?

What reason could there be for mythological similarities given genetic divergence times between cultures? Does history really repeat itself? Is there a trail of genetic and isotopic breadcrumbs reaching back through the millenia that parallels not only our true evolutionary and historical past, but our future as well? What environmental changes contributed to the evolution of our species and continues to mold us today? Are we underestimating our extinct hominid relatives?

Why is the night sky still so quiet after all the hours SETI scientists spent listening? Why does NASA spend so much more money than other countries on space exploration when the USAs lead continues to narrow?

Why is Libyan desert glass (LDG) so hard to obtain and why do edges of proposed craters (of origin) tilt inwards? Why has it been so difficult for scientists to reach a consensus on the origin of this glass (impact, volcanic, etc.)? Could an advanced civilization similar to Plato's Atlantis have existed under a different name? Is there a pattern to ore distribution and depletion in particular regions?

Is the laptop a modern-day Pandora's box? Do we have a false sense of security when it comes to the durability of our remains, the artifacts we will leave behind for future generations, and our impact on society? What is the data really telling us? Is humiliation in the public domain the new stake at which modern explorers find themselves burning? Given the evolutionary mechanisms that mold species, is it possible the ability to perceive our world in terms of higher dimensions was selected against because it somehow resulted in truncated survival and subsequent failure to contribute genetic diversity?

Will the infant synthetic biology revolution lead to a rearrangement of Earth's "rRNA Tree of Life" by 2012? Will life originate de novo in a test tube containing "the water of life"; the solvent in which double helices of a simple genome replicate in a reaction catalyzed by clay?

From the untimely death of Dr. John Mack to government support for creationist ideology and practices that erode scientific dominance in America, something is afoot in our society that simply does not make sense. From theoretical physics to anthropology, from hypothetical stargates to the origin of modern aboriginal conservation practices, I would like to hold a potluck of sorts, for every strange idea suspected of being linked to another. For anyone who ever wondered if all these things (and others) are just small pieces of a much larger puzzle, I hope this thread can serve as a forum for civil and respectful debate.

Are these things truly related or is there absolutely nothing to it?

Are ATS members really onto something big...?

Your turn.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Very well put together. Must have taken a while to compose.

If there were an award for the ultimate conspiracy theory, you'd have
my vote.

ATS welcomes you.

Lex

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I appreciate the comment.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, there's a lot to digest here and it's going to take some effort to address all of this...

Originally posted by Xtal_Phusion
If the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one as Occam's razor states, might it be possible to link scientific anomalies listed on ATS together beneath a single, theoretical umbrella?

I think that is a possible eventuality, but it certainly would take years, if not decades to corrolate into one simple explanation. It wouldn't be the first time a number of seemingly disparate observations are to be found related. For example, sunshine, electricity and fire, while different are still united under the blanket of nuclear physics. They are particles in different stages of excitement and movement.

To tie all anomalies under one UNIFIED theory has been suggested before by that scientist with the wild white hair. I don't think he made the final conclusion, though.

What reason could there be for mythological similarities given genetic divergence times between cultures?

There I suspect the most powerful of all media... the oral tradition. It is my opinion that the most ignored facet of historical reference holds the keys to the true history of Homo Sapiens sapiens. Memorized storytelling with the use of memnonics is hard to rewrite for political reasons. The voices of generations long gone can be heard if one chooses to listen.

Does history really repeat itself?

Generally, but not specifically. Different effects on our civilizations cause varied problems. Super El Nino's, Supercaldera eruptions and the like can decimate the worlds populations within a generation and 500 years is only a drop in the bucket to our 200,000 years on this planet. It wasn't that long ago when we traded tools and amulets with Neanderthals.

Is there a trail of genetic and isotopic breadcrumbs reaching back through the millenia that parallels not only our true evolutionary and historical past, but our future as well?

IMO...most definately

Are we underestimating our extinct hominid relatives?

Probably, but the consensus is that our hairy low-browed friends did not have the capability for artwork or shamanism.

I'll leave the second part of your questions to others.

`````````````````````````
clarifying edit

[edit on 21/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Of course history cannot repeat itself the exact same way every time (unless you're a fan of Enternal Return), but many events do have the tendency to crop up time and time again because we either encouraged it or failed to learn something from the last disaster that could have prevented the next one.

I believed it was time to start assembling anomalies for which no consensus has yet been reached in the scientific community. I for one, am intensely curious about the origins of Libyan desert glass and I did not think that relegating the topic strictly to UFOs, Ancient human civilizations, Space Exlporation or Technology alone would have been particularly helpful so I placed it in the most populat of them, hoping to attract an audience.

This evening, I posted supporting information on another thread (Ancient Nuclear...) ruling out LDG as tektites, vitrified waste or volcanic glass. The inward-tilting morphology of the craters from which LDG is thought to originate are incredibly telling and so far as I can tell, the only such craters fitting this description are those found at modern underground test sites. The example I posted is the Smiling Bhudda test site in India. Links for NASA describing the geology of US test sites and samples, opposing scientific conclusions regarding the origin of the associated LDG craters culminate in the only conclusion I could possibly make:

These craters are from underground testing. Given the presence of LDG in King Tut's jewellry, Either these are not the correct points of origin for the LDG or they ARE the correctly associated craters and nuke testing occured there thousands of years ago.

My own LDG sample is the wierdest thing I have ever seen and it concurrs with all descriptions posted so far as density, silica content and morphology are concerned. Unless there is a third option, we are left with two very intriguing choices that I cannot explain.

Anyone? If you like I can re-post the same info on this thread.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Old account was mysteriously deleted. Checking my ability to resume posting on threads I was participating in before.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Hi,

In terms of lost civilizations, if we look for the Egypt Pyramids or for the statues from Easter island, how could that have been done, in Easter island in the 18/19 century they are less people than statues and the bases have more stone than the statues, something strange, all that constructions only could be done by an advanced or very advanced civilization, the scientific knowledge of the late 18 century could not explain that, and today only with the latest advanced tools and technique we could reproduce that type of construction.

Certainly a mystery!

Isla de Pascua/Easter island

brotherthebig.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Looks like I have to post on every single topic on UFO here (the greatest of all ATS site)..he-he..sorry..I have no life resently..
Anyways, the essey is cool and all but I just didn't like the phrase "genetic divergence times between cultures?" I don't know. I just find it of someones having a poor understading of what he/she is talking about.
This post is something I will come back to watch swelling with opinions for sure.
Cheers

p.s. I'd suggest the author of this thread to be more down to layman's outlook, matching our own (no offence, folks). It'd spark genuen curiousity.

he-he...I'm wasted (and Russian, so yal know) Sorry

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am 99% sure that there was a highly advanced culture/civilisation on this planet before us.
The bible hints at this and the Mahabharta the latter explaining the glass craters.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I knew I had read something along these lines, somewhere.

Not detracting from your ideas, or saying yours aren't original.

The book series Area 51 by Robert Doherty is a sci-fi series of books
that tie a LOT of these theories into a fairly nice read.

If anyone hasn't read them, please give them a shot.

Lex

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is one of the most thought provoking and well written threads I've ever seen on ATS.

Kudos to you! S&F!!

new topics

top topics

join