It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Face - Found something strange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well,

first i want to apologize for the new thread I am making about the "Mars Face", but I am going in a totally different direction, so I hope that's not something wrong to open a new thread in order to do so.

I was inspired by this thread where the last publishes pictures from NASA are discussed. A guy stated rotating the picture by 180 and you have a "Grey Face". So my idea was, to prove that theory by putting the picture in Photoshop and apply some filters.

The result was something I didn't expect to see. You can look at this preview, I uploaded an enlarged version also.

and

Bigger version can be found here
for comparing the original picture without the filter (but 180 degree rotated) can be seen here

Even in the original picture you can see the astronaut. Before telling me something - i didn't edit the original image. It's only about the contrast and colors. You can do the same with Photoshop, just applying the "Half Tone Pattern" filter.

Now the question is, is this an astronaut "floating" in a Grey's face? Or is it just our imagination?

I hope there isn't such a theory, I don't wanna "steal" any credits from anyone. I tried finding some info on an astronaut in the "Mars Face" but i didn't find anything.

Well, I leave it to you guy's to discuss it. Hopefully, I hope my find means something.

Georgi

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ehm, isn't that something? Do you not see the astronaut on the left side of the "face"?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I can't see it on the small pic you posted and your larger pic ( www.unfb.info... ) can not be opened. Could you maybe load to another hosting site that will let me look at it.

The face on Mars has long interested me, I am a believer in something being there no matter what NASA says.

I look forward to being able to open your pic.

M.Agenda!

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Midwest Agenda]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not sure if you've seen Richard Hoagland's Site
But it's quite interesting.

As far as what you are pointing out, seems like I'm seeing what you
suggested I see.

Never noticed it, before.

Lex

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We can scrutinize this photo until our eyes fall out, rotate it this way and that, apply a full palette of PhotoShop filters, and in the process we'll identify all sorts of Grays and astronauts and bunnies and dragons and unicorns, et cetera.

But the fact remains that the higher the resolution applied to this image, the less it looks like an artificial structure. In order to support the artificial "Face on Mars" theory, it's necessary to blur the photo, or obscure it with low resolution, or slap on a dozen meaningless PhotoShop filters (which are not analytical tools), or simply ignore every modern image of this formation, relying rather on the original dreadful Mariner photo alone.

Pardon, but analysis is not about covering one eye and squinting the other. Knowledge gathering is not about discarding evidence because it reveals too much detail. And the fact is that the more evidence we gather on Cydonia and the "Face on Mars," the more obvious it becomes that these are geologically interesting but nonetheless natural formations.

As for the "upside-down Gray" theory, I'm not seeing a Gray, either, unless I close one eye and squint with the other, and even then it looks like a Gray with half its head eaten away. Kids, today we're really pushing it to morph this thing into an artificial structure — I think it's time to erect a tombstone for the "Face on Mars," send some flowers and a sympathy card to Richard Hoaxland, and file this one in the Case Closed vault.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/18/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You on about the the little white thing at the left side of the face? Looks just like a rock to me really.

But if you look on the face pictures abit to the right you can see something on top of the face but just to the side and you can also see a shadow unless it's just me seeing things againl

new topics

top topics

join