It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goole Maps Anomaly – Star Burst – What is This???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Any Ideas??

Seems rather weird, I can't explain it as there appears to be nothing at that location.

You can view the Google map here...

Goole Maps Anomaly - Star Burst

Any Ideas??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Think maybe the satelitte might have caught a swimming pool with the sun hitting it at just the right angle?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Think maybe the satelitte might have caught a swimming pool with the sun hitting it at just the right angle?

I don't think that could be the case or it would be a common occurrence on Google maps sat images..

Could this be caused by some form of EM frequency outside the range of visible light??

I mean if the saturation was so strong why didn't it burn out the centre of the burst??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Check on the Google Earth boards. Lots of folks there who are obsessed with these images and I'm sure they can give you the explaination.

I agree, though... looks like a bright reflection off some mirror-like surface. A burst of anything local wouldn't show up on a satellite picture.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Indellkoffer]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Check on the Google Earth boards. Lots of folks there who are obsessed with these images and I'm sure they can give you the explanation.

I'm not going to and join a community over one image that I find fascinating am I?? Besindes I’m a happy and productive member of this awesome forum ATS
have been for over 2 years now.

Judging by the tone of your post I get the impression you are fed up with reading posts about Google Earth Anomalies... am I wrong???

I agree, though... looks like a bright reflection off some mirror-like surface. A burst of anything local wouldn't show up on a satellite picture.

If that were true then why don't we see lots of images like this???

If something has a simple and common answer it should be able to be reproduced in a simple and common manor...

I haven't seen any images on Google earth that resemble this at all.

And surely it would have to be some mirror to be able to cause a reflection of that magnitude don't you think???

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I could go with a remarkably chance alignment of camera, sun, and reflective object to produce that image. It looks like it may be an upscale neighborhood? Possibly a sunroom or greenhouse causing a prismatic effect?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it appears to be breaking apart, note the split down the left of center. Maybe that is what is causing the star-like burst of light.

Also, the thing almost appears like a drawing. It seems almost outlined like some cartoon drawings. Perhaps it is CGI.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I noticed the odd 'broke up' appearance of the center also. I wonder if the intensity of the reflection overwhelms the capablilities of the camera? Causing a 'wash out' of the image? My digital cameras exhibit that kind of behavior from strong light sources.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah. The cartoon like appearance may be an optical effect caused by the brilliance. This could be an asteroid, or some other celestial object, breaking up from atmospheric pressure.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Yeah. The cartoon like appearance may be an optical effect caused by the brilliance. This could be an asteroid, or some other celestial object, breaking up from atmospheric pressure.

The thought had occurred to me that the phenomenon maybe located at a higher altitude than it appears.

I have seen burn out on cameras before and what strikes me as odd is that if this were burn out then the entire centre of the anomaly would be black or white out.

You can clearly see there is something in the centre...

Though I'm not photographer... anyone here in the know about this sort of stuff have an answer on that one?

Puzzling...

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
This could be an asteroid, or some other celestial object, breaking up from atmospheric pressure.

Possible I guess, but assuming the speed of such an object and also assuming it would be moving in a relatively perpendicular plane to the lens....I would expect to see 'streaking', like what is seen in a typical meteor shower. I don't think the cameras that take these photos have the shutter speed necessary to 'freeze' objects entering Earth's atmosphere.

I still lean toward a highly reflective object.

blog.cognitivelabs.com apparently has some discussion about this, but oddly that site is blocked from this network.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That thing just appears a little too perfectly outlined. It seems to me that if the object is real the edges should be at least a little obscured by the bright light.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi to all,
This is real interesting,just the other night Sunday 15th April, between the hours of 4:30 and 5:30 am I was awake and happened to look outside the window, a sudden appearance of green/bluish and red flashes of lights, lit up the sky....have not been able to figure it out,as I hadn't had sleep and was thinking it could have been a lightning flash.I spoke to someone else who was awake at the time and they saw the exact same colours in the sky.I didn't bother to reasearch what it was, but reading this thread right now makes me curious to know what it was , that I saw the other night and why there was no mention of it on the news or news papers.

MrPenny

I noticed the odd 'broke up' appearance of the center also. I wonder if the intensity of the reflection overwhelms the capablilities of the camera? Causing a 'wash out' of the image? My digital cameras exhibit that kind of behavior from strong light sources.

I dont think that the camera would have made a difference.....What the eyes see sometimes the camera can lie.
It would have been great If I could have captured it on film.
I did grab the camera, but it was too late as it only happened the one time.
I'm in Melbourne Australia......

IX
helen

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As this occurs over Purmerend Holland... quite close to Amsterdam...

Perhaps there is someone here who lives close that could maybe verify what is at that location???

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When you click on the "Maps" tab at the GoogleEarth link you can the
street names. I don't know what the names mean but they're very
long. Could you imagine giving out your address to someone over the
telephone? I bet there's lots of undeliverable/returned mail from that
section of town. Perhaps its a Swedish scientific community and there's
an experiment being conducted at that moment.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a bit of clarification, these high level zooms are NEVER SATELLITE PHOTOGRAPHS. anything under ~20meter resoloution is always photography from geological surveys in low flying aircraft.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
I don't know what the names mean but they're very long. Could you imagine giving out your address to someone over the
telephone?

Funny that seeing as this event happened over one of the longest street names I've ever heard of...

Overweersepolderdijk......

LoL

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
a bit of clarification, these high level zooms are NEVER SATELLITE PHOTOGRAPHS. anything under ~20meter resoloution is always photography from geological surveys in low flying aircraft.

Agreed
but that still doesn't explain exactly what could cause such a star burst.

all the best,

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The starburst looks like it's in the middle of a road so it can't be a pool. Maybe it's just as simple as being one of those old fashioned bright shiny silver campers reflecting the sun?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
The starburst looks like it's in the middle of a road so it can't be a pool. Maybe it's just as simple as being one of those old fashioned bright shiny silver campers reflecting the sun?

most certainly not in the middle of the road, actually inside the burst you can see if you look closely the house underneath the lens flare. which is exactly what this is, a lens flare caused probably by a combination of a bright reflection off a window or maybe even a mirror laying down who knows. the flare is exaggerated by the special panoramic telephoto lens they use in the plane to capture said photo.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
that is one strange object..I wonder what would cause that.
For reference for google earth it is here:
52°30'40.78"N
4°56'59.48"E

and for flashearth users:
oddity

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join