It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 is such a big deal.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Then what else has the mayan calendar gotten right? Is it 50% accurate, 75%, 100%? Is this whole 2012 business based solely on the mayan calendar ending?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Mayan Calendar has never, at least to my knowledge, been shown to be wrong. A big mis concept that a lot of people have is that some seem to imply that the Mayans stated what would happen at the "end of the age." They didn't.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
According to records, Mayan have not failed to foretell the truth.

Strap your seatbelt on.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What exactly have they predicted? The calendar is like some weird circle type object... i cant figure out how it works, and how it correlates to the A.D. Calendar.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hikix, this site here may be of some help

Mayans

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar does not say the end of the world, it simply stops showing time after that.
It could be translated into many, many things.

Don't waste too much time worrying about when the world will end, just live life.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
meh..2012 is prolly like Y2K...

Once 2012 is past someone will make up another date.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers
The Mayan calendar does not say the end of the world, it simply stops showing time after that.
It could be translated into many, many things.

True, I don't know where this cataclysmic ideology about 2012 arises.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
what matters is that the mayans were extremly precise with their calendars.

nobody really knows what the end of their long count calendar means.... because many of their texts have been destroyed. We probably won't know what it means until the long count reaches the end, which happens to be December 20, 2012. Just like how we figured out their 365 day calendar (the Haab) was used as a yearly calendar.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

[edit on 20-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When has the Gregorian calendar gotten it right? How about the Chinese calender?

It's just a calender, a system reckoning time. How can it be right or wrong?

The Mayan calender is just a calender used by the Mayan civilization. It ends December 21st, 2012. That doesn't mean that they predicted the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
2012 Could big a big deal. I suggest you look up Fulcanelli then the Great Cross of Hendaye. Also the video Secrets of Alchemy:The Great Cross and The End of Time (2012). It'll blow your mind.

Hail O Cross, The only hope

Peace

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Chronic_Blaze]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze

I suggest you look up Fulcanelli then the Great Cross of Hendaye. Also the video Secrets of Alchemy:The Great Cross and The End of Time (2012).

I suggest you bring links, instead of "suggesting" what others should do.

Anyway, the Mayans predicted planetary movement and eclipses.
Not the end of the world. Their calendar just ends.

If a calendar end was really the end of the world, then every Dec. 31
we are doomed.

Meh.

Lex

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar has predicted every winter solstice since its inception. This means that the Maya knew how to take account of precession, the wobble of the Earth on its axis whi shifts 1 degree every 72 years. We only found out about precession a hundred years ago.

On December 21st 2012 the sun's eliptic will line up directly with the centre of the galaxy for the first time in, I'll have to check, but I think its 26,000 years. Nobody knows what that will do, but it coincides with a flip of the Earth's magnetic field and Solar maximum.

Their end date was meant to signify the end of their own civilisation, but they didn't make it. Its the end of the 4th age and beginning of the 5th, which is eternal and during which the Maya were supposed to no longer be beings of matter, but spirits.

Terrence McKenna also claimed that December 2012 would result in an exponential ingression of novelty into the plenum of being. Everything will be novel, new. He claims he was shown how to find the date encoded mathematically into the King Wen sequence of the I Ching by entities encountered in '___' hyperspace (a "place" I have visited once but met no-one). This was independent of any knowledge of the Maya.

He also suggested that the reason so many people seemed to be aware of some kind of acceleration towards something, a tightening of the gyre, Moore's law, etc., was that the flow of time towards its end created back ripples that were mirrored in his graph of fluctuations between habit and novelty.

Poysonally, I think I'll concentrate on sorting out my karma. While I can. Just in case. I might also buy a car on credit in spring 2012. Even if it does bugger my karma again.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Are you referring to this Terrance McKenna

Doesn't really seem a reliable source of info, to me.

Lex

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Then what else has the mayan calendar gotten right? Is it 50% accurate, 75%, 100%? Is this whole 2012 business based solely on the mayan calendar ending?

Based on the Mayan's sol calc sys. I'd say that given in 5 years, from last year; there'd be, uh...Wait [pull's out calculator]...Yeah, 6 years from one from back this year.

Heard on the news...wait...Why, what's to happen on June 6?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
nostradamus' predictions say some stuff about the bad bad times between '06' & '12'
6 years of quarreling lots of death and destruction and so forth. because ooohhh this falls on the same year as the mayan calander ending, it must be some kinda omen, no?
NO!!!! is exactly correct. maybe the mayan's got sick of counting to 30,000 in the dirt.
maybe nostradamus' predictions are created by some NWO types giving themselves a time and a reason to exterminate the none productive and contributive races on this fast deteriorating planet.

or maybe god just wants us dead.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Unfortunately Terrence McKenna did spend the 60's smoking '___' with Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters, so, no, reliable is probably not the way to describe him. His description of the experience does chime. I am a bit of a psychonaut myself, and, as I said, and saw the jewelled dome he talks about, but I was on my own. I haven't had a supply of good psilocybin and n.n. '___' since I found out I haven't enough spare serotonin receptors to reach hyperspace on '___' without displacing all the serotonin first with psilocybin/psilocin.

Heres a site with links to the way the Mayan calendar works, Astronomical alignments and so on.

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry, that site is selling a book.

Prophets for Profit ?

I'm a tad too wise for that.

Thanks anyway,
Lex

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yeah, the Geoff Stray thing.... ignore that.. ads get everywhere these days. All these guys want their piece of the pie...

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
I'm sorry, that site is selling a book.

Prophets for Profit ?

I'm a tad too wise for that.

Thanks anyway,
Lex

so, what do you call a baby kangaroo??? ats makes a profit also, we all cant work for free!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join