It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Officials: At Least 32 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
But every report I've heard is saying there was only one gunman, and he killed himself. So again, who is the asian guy being cuffed? Is it possible that this is the gunman, and the picture was taken after the first incident at 7 something this morning. He was detained, questioned, and then somehow released and went on to the second building where the massacre commenced two hours later. Wild theory I know, but who knows.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
32 dead

bloody hell

Any statement by the President?

link   
How are you able to kill 32 freaking people with two 9mm? It takes time to reload. Why didn't any of the students attack this scumbag?

Yes, I know I wasn't in that situation, but it still makes no sense to me.

Peace

edit: body count is rising, more edits to come.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Dr Love]

link   
You can also use this link that pulls in all news

www.dotso.com...

Just pick a feed and go,

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Any statement by the President?

Bush is said to be horrified,

Though im sure he should do a public statment at some time later,

Whats the time there??

(Remember to flag the thread)

[edit on 16-4-2007 by asala]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Bush is said to be horrified,

Though im sure he should do a public statment at some time later,

Whats the time there??

Coming up to 2pm I think,

not sure.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
FNC now sourcing fed auth 32 deceased.

This is horrible, againt I say this. I am just stunned. I cant believe someone can do this

link   

Originally posted by grover
Well I am glad you are so macho to think carrying a gun makes you safe. It doesn't. All it means is one more armed nutjob walking about with an itichy trigger finger.

Macho? I'm sorry but do you know me or something?
Gun can make you very safe, or what other option do you think you would have when facing a criminal who is carrying or worse on a shooting rampage? You can run, but my guess is that most of these victims tried that. There will always be armed nutjob's out there, and some with itchy trigger fingers sure, but the question is that what should the rational law abiding citizens do to protect themselves? What are they allowed to do legally? The chances are when things go bad the cops wont be on the scene instantly.

link   
FNC said pic of handcuffed guy was a reporter from school newspaper, who was a little overzealous with his questions, he was released.

[edit on 2007/4/16 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
FOXNews. 32 dead confirmed.

SWAT is performing a sweap

link   
What the hell is going on these days?? Why can't these psychos just shoot themselves to begin with and save everyone else the heartache? I don't believe for a second that it's a "criminal mentality" either.There is something deeper here.....it's a sign of the times.I seriously doubt it has anything to do with video games,music,movies,gun laws or any of the other usual excuses made for urban mass murder these days.This sort of thing never happened on this scale before the past ten years or so......why now?? Until we figure that out....and it's not a simple thing to figure out...these senseless incidents will just continue to instill fear and distrust in all of us,until all us young people are afraid to trust our friends and classmates,and decide to skip college altogether rather than become another statistic.

This is shocking to say the least,and the way the media gleefully refers to this as the "Biggest school shooting in U.S. history" every five minutes just disgusts me.My thoughts are with the victims,an their families.

link   
FNC 28 wounded being treated, 4 critical

32 deceased

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
FNC said pic of handcuffed guy was a reporter from school newspaper, who was a little overzealous with his questions, he was released.

[edit on 2007/4/16 by JacKatMtn]

Thank you! I knew there had to be an explanation for that photo.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is the 19th incident of a school shooting in the US in the past decade, with 3 in the last 6 years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by grover
Well I am glad you are so macho to think carrying a gun makes you safe. It doesn't. All it means is one more armed nutjob walking about with an itichy trigger finger.

Macho? I'm sorry but do you know me or something?
Gun can make you very safe, or what other option do you think you would have when facing a criminal who is carrying or worse on a shooting rampage? You can run, but my guess is that most of these victims tried that. There will always be armed nutjob's out there, and some with itchy trigger fingers sure, but the question is that what should the rational law abiding citizens do to protect themselves? What are they allowed to do legally? The chances are when things go bad the cops wont be on the scene instantly.

I was responding to thisguyrighthere.

I am going to respect the request that we keep this about the shooting and will defer debating gun control for another thread. I will say this though, I have never found myself in a situation where I felt having a gun would have made me feel safer and I am not going to worry about what ifs.

Locally they are now saying that 32 are dead and 28 in various local hospitals and 6 in critical condition. They are still saying that they think it was one gunman who killed himself.

link   
AT LEAST 34 dead, what sick psycho b*strd could do that? Seems that there had been bomb threats as well that may have been linked.

Hopefuly the body count won't get any higher

link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
This is the 19th incident of a school shooting in the US in the past decade, with 3 in the last 6 years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A lot more non-fatal incidents too. Although this link is school shootings around the world, I do see a common factor in most of their locations.

www2.indystar.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by eagle32
but if you think the gun problem has gone down then your blind and must be a snob living in the middle of nowhere.

Did i say that?

I posted that we still had a gun problem. Plus I do not like being called a "snob" either thank you.

And gun control started happening in the UK way before Tony Blair came to power. The Tories were the first to come down hard.

yes you did say it, fell by a third if i recall.
the snob statement wasnt a personal attack it was a general summary of the lucky ones in the uk living blindly to whats outside there own doorstep.
I never stated Tony Blair was the one to introduce gun control.
Politicians are all the same to me, i dont vote because they all lie.

Back on topic now, my point was made as was yours.
Sorry bout that folks.

Another related link www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Unclear if he shot himself or was killed by police,

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I guess now the anti-gun crowd now has it's rallying cry just like in Australia.

Be prepared for civil war. I won't give up my firearms!

Roper

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join