It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Officials: At Least 32 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Bush has said in a statment that he is *Horrified* at this event,

I with others with this? How could he has spent so much time doing this???

[edit on 16-4-2007 by asala]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
well, I hope all ATS members in the area are safe

I'm completely shocked by this

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
MSNBC just said that the gunman was a young asian man in his 20s wearing a black leather jacket carrying 2 9mm's. They stated that he wasn't even a student!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An armed NON STUDENT just shot up a school and killed 22 people. Holy... crap...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
21 others are thought to be wounded,

The collage is still on lock down as there is unconfirmed reports that they are still looking for a possible 2nd man,

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

How could he has spent so much time doing this???

Well, this guy decides to go off and kill a bunch of people where better to go than a school campus where by law all of the victims have been disarmed?
He knows there wont be a soul in any of those buildings who could defend himself. He knows the college rent-a-cops will most likely run and hide rather than risk being shot for 25K/year, he knows that the local and state police will take their sweet time getting around to actually doing anything anout him because their no.1 job is to round up the citizens and announce that theyre there to protect them as to avoid any lawsuits.

Anyone who decides to go off on a shooting spree like this knows their essentially free to rampage until they decide to stop thanks to our useless law enforcement, unarmed population and utterly cowardly citizenry.

This hols especially true on a college campus. I wonder how many students thought the shooter just needed someone to talk to, a hug, a joint to smoke, or any number of ridiculous bleeding heart college excuses for not taking action in the stead of pacification.

I hate everyday on my campus because Im not allowed to carry and the security here is made up of unarmed senior citizens working just to keep busy otherwise theyd die.

Its a joke plain and simple.

Now, as in previous posts, we get more of this "ban guns" crap that only makes the criminals mouths water with delight.

When did we become a nation of people so willing bend over and take it rather than stand up and dish it out? Whats wrong with all of us? Is it chemtrails, vaccines, media, government schools? What the hell is going on?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There you see again the real effect of gun laws. The criminals will always get them but the law abiding citizens dont. If even few people on the campus would've carried legal concealed weapons this could've been avoided.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It realy makes me sad, that some people do this. Does anyone know why they did this? what was his motive?

I hope also that all of you are safe and your family members/ and friends too.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well I am glad you are so macho to think carrying a gun makes you safe. It doesn't. All it means is one more armed nutjob walking about with an itichy trigger finger.

Back to reality: 22 dead 6 in critical condition... it has now been labeled as the worst campus shooting in US history.

Note: I am not opposed to guns... just the notion some loons have that they should have the right to carry them everywhere.

The governor in Virgina is on a trading mission in Asia and has already started back.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by grover]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ok, I will agree with some of your statements here in regards to this guy picking and area where people are disarmed, but the useless law enforcement statement is out of line.

Being a law enforcement officer in the past have put my life, in the line of fire more than once, just because police officers are not at the scene of every crime does not make them useless.

The are police officers, not psychics.

I also believe that people should be able to protect themselves and believe in the constitution of the USA.

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Well, this guy decides to go off and kill a bunch of people where better to go than a school campus where by law all of the victims have been disarmed?
He knows there wont be a soul in any of those buildings who could defend himself. He knows the college rent-a-cops will most likely run and hide rather than risk being shot for 25K/year, he knows that the local and state police will take their sweet time getting around to actually doing anything anout him because their no.1 job is to round up the citizens and announce that theyre there to protect them as to avoid any lawsuits.

Anyone who decides to go off on a shooting spree like this knows their essentially free to rampage until they decide to stop thanks to our useless law enforcement, unarmed population and utterly cowardly citizenry.

This hols especially true on a college campus. I wonder how many students thought the shooter just needed someone to talk to, a hug, a joint to smoke, or any number of ridiculous bleeding heart college excuses for not taking action in the stead of pacification.

I hate everyday on my campus because Im not allowed to carry and the security here is made up of unarmed senior citizens working just to keep busy otherwise theyd die.

Its a joke plain and simple.

Now, as in previous posts, we get more of this "ban guns" crap that only makes the criminals mouths water with delight.

When did we become a nation of people so willing bend over and take it rather than stand up and dish it out? Whats wrong with all of us? Is it chemtrails, vaccines, media, government schools? What the hell is going on?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And these kind of events will keep happening until your right to bare arms is obliterated once and for all, This is exactly the type of event that the government wants to keep happening until you give in.
If you dont give up your rights then it will obviously have to be an elementary school next, a 'dunblaine' if you will.
This may seem nonsence and i hope i am wrong but ive seen it all before, and all due respect to the fellow brit member infinite with the labour rose avatar and Tony
Blair views but if you think the gun problem has gone down then your blind and must be a snob living in the middle of nowhere.
There is more and more guns flooding into the hands of impressionable teens and gang culture is more rife now than ever.
It isnt your fault you dont see the UK as i do but ive lived in rough council estates all my life and i can walk out my door now and within half an hour will have a gun on its way to me, I wouldnt though, as i dont need to resort to that.
This is the real britain.
Give up your guns and become slaves to the system like us in Britain.
But I digress, sympathies go out to those affected by this terrible event.
Just seen the footage and there was 2 gunmen, one killed and one detained as far as i can tell.

[edit on 16/4/07 by eagle32]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In asala's post on the second page, and on fox new's website, there's a picture of an asian man being detained/cuffed. Is this the gunman? Reports are the gunman killed himself? Who is the man pictured being detained!?!?

That being said, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the senseless tragedy.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Outofstep, I never even thought of that ???

You are right?? I wonder if he was the guy? as thats the pics that the news are showing,

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry my friend if you already knew this. But there where 2 suspected gunmen, 1 shot himself took the easy way out. The second was still alive, that could be the man on the picture I think.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
UPDATE

25 are now dead in this shooting, making this one of the worst in US history,

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I ask respectfully that a political debate on gun control be started in another thread. This is a news report on a tragic massacre of 20+ individuals on the campus of Virginia Tech University.

I can understand the emotions on both sides, I just think it better served in a new thread so those of us wanting the latest news on the tragedy do not have to see the debate.

Just my $0.02

FNC now reports 29 deceased 1 gunman

[edit on 2007/4/16 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I ask respectfully that a political debate on gun control be started in another thread. This is a news report on a tragic massacre of 20+ individuals on the campus of Virginia Tech University.

I agree with this, So if someone would like to make a thread on this in the other forums please do,

Ok the death toll is going up and up,

now 29 people dead,
this is terrible

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Ok the death toll is going up and up,

now 29 people dead,
this is terrible

wheres the source, this is horrible!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32
but if you think the gun problem has gone down then your blind and must be a snob living in the middle of nowhere.

Did i say that?

I posted that we still had a gun problem. Plus I do not like being called a "snob" either thank you.

And gun control started happening in the UK way before Tony Blair came to power. The Tories were the first to come down hard.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
32 dead,. Im pulling it from everywhere local radio stations ect also Skynews TV
news.sky.com...

though there going down

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
FNC now sourcing fed auth 32 deceased.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join