It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two legged goat that can walk.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I had no idea where to put this, sorry if in wrong area.
But i was just amazed that this goat can walk around like humans on two legs.
How the hell did it learn that, i cant see a goat getting up from the floor like that, is he helped up?

Either way, pretty freaky looking.
Video shot on a mobile so not best quality.

Video.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ive seen something similar one a tv programme with a dog with 2 legs that would walk.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hehe, quite fun footage to watch! It is amazing that it can walk like that, the brains balancecenter must have developed from birth.. It has to be a birth deformity, otherwise I wouldnt expect it to be able to pick up walking like that, with that big butt..

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That certainly is an interesting find. I would have to agree with it being a birth defect. The goats body looks a bit shorter to me than normal, kinda like it never had back legs at all. My only question is how does it bend over to eat without falling face first.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's very strange to watch but I definitely find it cute.

I agree that it looks like it never had the other two legs and that it's a birth defect... it would definitely make it easier to explain how it could walk like that. If it had had the other two legs to begin with, I think it would be terribly difficult for it to learn to walk the way it does in the video, whereas if it was born with only those two legs, it would just be the way it figured out how to walk from the beginning... yes?

And... It kind of reminds me of an ostrich...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xhorrorgasmx
I think it would be terribly difficult for it to learn to walk the way it does in the video

We know that animals can adapt much quicker than humans to amputated legs. Dogs have little issues running on 2 left legs within like weeks of surgery, for example.

To me this simply seems like coincidence: The head and neck is fairly balanced with the back, giving it good enough stability on just 2 legs.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

I think it would be terribly difficult for it to learn to walk the way it does in the video

We know that animals can adapt much quicker than humans to amputated legs. Dogs have little issues running on 2 left legs within like weeks of surgery, for example.

To me this simply seems like coincidence: The head and neck is fairly balanced with the back, giving it good enough stability on just 2 legs.

Are you talking about dogs walking on the hind-legs?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Aw poor goat.

As for learning to balance on 2 legs, That's not that weird. the brain (all of our mammal brains) have the ability to adapt fairly quickly to processing more / less / different information, even information it didn't know existed before

(There's a thread here somewhere about rats with human color vision, and how easy their brain adapted to receiving information not usually received by rat brains)

I'll have to admit the goat seems very adept already at walking on his front legs. Suprising it didn't fall now and again on the vid. then again it was a short vid.

My 2 cents

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
looks like an experimental goat/chicken mixture hahaha

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

I didn't know that... but I find it very interesting. I suppose I can take back my ideas then!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That is mind boggling.

Mainly, how does it to the loo?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
the goat is very strong to stay alive.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have seen lots of two legged dogs that can still run and play and live a normal life... My source is Americas Funiest Home Videos.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Mwhaha
I saw that clip with the dog too, but this clip is so much funnier, hehe.

Imagine a dark windy night... you chose the road less traveled and the streetlights are off that night. You walk peacefully along... until you hear that sound... *crack* something is close. As you take a few more steps you see it, coming from the bushes, it walks on two legs and it's coming straight at you! You scream and turn around to run but the thing keeps up lashing at you with frighting sounds.

There's nothing the two legged austrich-goat wouldn't do for the carrot you forgot in your back pocket...

xD

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
LOL
wow! it runs quite fast!!!

and for some reason it reminds me of an ostrige...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yeah I thought the same reminded me of an emu.
It's pretty funny how fast it can run and also it looks like its kept in an enclosure so if it was in the wild might not have survived

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Someone above mentioned seeing a clip of a two-legged dog and... I just came across it, so... here!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well yeah it must be kept in some sort of enclosure as I'm pretty sure that if the little creature fell over onto the floor...then it would struggle to get back up. Animals with 4 legs can push up off the front legs whilst balancing and continuing pushing with their back legs. If this fell over, using 2 legs I find it almost impossible that it would be able to get to its feet again. Although saying this...how does it go to sleep and wake up on the morning to walk around again?

My only explanation would be that a human helps it get to its feet, either that or the little creature has found a way to do it itself. I wouldn't be surprised either. In nature where there's a will to survive there's a way.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, the video of the dog shows it getting up by itself, so I'm sure the goat has a way to do the same.

top topics

join