It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soon to be "Creationnist Museum" , Kentucky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Creationnist museum due to open in a couple of months

I find it sad that in a country like the USA there's a creationnist museum going to be opened

Ignorance has taken over...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
agreed, this should be the age of enlightenment, instead, some people seem adamant to cling to disprovable theories. Personally, I find creationism to be very sinister.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
disprovable is probably the wrong word to use there...

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Chonx]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What is wrong with people. The bible really shouldn't be taken literally. Why are people turning their backs on science and reason to believe in a story?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Freedom of Religion. In America they are fully within their rights to operate this and to teach their children whatever religion they deem appropriate.

While their views on baby dinos being taken onto Noah's Ark is
to me, they probably believe that any belief in space aliens is

Let them have their faith. They aren't suicide bombers ... and they aren't beating their women because their holy book says to ... and they aren't molesting children ....

Let them be. There is no danger that the thinking behind this museum will take over the planet.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My favorite part of the Museum, is the depiction of Noah's Ark. It shows all the animals going into the ark two by two. As the bible story goes. What's so cool about it, is that it also shows two purple brontosaurs heading up the plank. Woo Hoo Noah had Dinos aboard. I wonder what they ate for 40 days and nights? Perhaps that's where all the other extinct animals wound up, In a bronto belly.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If this guy wants to spend his money on this let him. I don't understand the apparent outrage.

There are tons of natural history museums all across the U.S. and around the world. Why the outrage at one private "museum" depicting this alternative view?

Personally, I wouldn't go there, as I doubt Genesis is even meant to be a literal description of historical events, but I don't see the problem with others believing that.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I wonder what is more dangerous, infecting the youth with ignorance and pseudo-science or blowing up building ??

I mean when you blow up buildings and stuff its in the open the act is instantaneous and its effects are confined to only those in the vicinity but when you brainwash kids, the effect is prolonged, insidious and could probably effect an entire generation.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sometimes I wish the few san humans left on the planet, (im talking about the one's whose mind's havn't been poisoned and turned igonorant from religion) could just get a starship find a new planet and start again with our best and brightest, without religion we could advance much further and faster and we would be more civil to each other!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
By the way I'm aware of my typo i meant sane, not san so don't point that out

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Ozvulcan.

I'am not one of the best or brightest, but I sure wish I could be on the ship when it leaves.

Please take me with you. I'am packed and ready to go.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The danger is that they are presenting their creationnist theory as science, which is not. And lots of children will take it as fact. Don't forget that these people want to turn the usa into a secular state.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The biggest threat we face today is not religion itself,but those that seek to pervert the hearts and minds of those that find succour, in their blind faith
of an omnipotent being.
Saying that,the same could be said for science......

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Who was it said, 'museums began as part of a circus act?

I find it a bit of a contradiction that people are willing to accept the idea of 'intelligent design' on behalf of alien forebears, but not the idea that some 'all knowing' sentient and loving force in the universe was behind our creation.

I'm fairly certain that the genetic mapping which has shown the very small difference between human and apes proves without a shadow of a doubt that we are related.

We are related to all the creatures and life on this planet. One recent study has shown that we have all evolved from the sea sponge, the original stem cell. Sheds new meaning on the term 'he's like a sponge.' heh heh

What is really disturbing about 'creationism' is the way in which it desires to assert itself as unarguable - as part of a religious indoctrination.

I feel sorry for the children who are not taught to have a critical approach to all theories and religions, but rather, are spoon fed didactic theories out of someone's inability to admit their own limitations.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
Who was it said, 'museums began as part of a circus act?

Whoever it was, wasn't correct. They began as "cabinets of curiosities" collected by the wealthy in the 1600's (I studied the history of museums for a paper I had to write.)

In any case, we have one of those museums here in Texas, in Glen Rose. It's been the source of several creationist hoaxes (the Paluxy Man Track is one of them.) It gets a few visitors each week. I think if the area is counting on it for a source of income, they'd do better to start a rode or some such.

There's one in Florida that's doing equally badly, and one planned for Cincinnati. What I find hilarious is that they sell fossil replicas

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ozvulcan

Amen (ha ha) to the sane leaving the planet. This place sucks.

Religion and belief are the root of much strife, or at least the actions of followers of such ancient male bovine excrement.

The worst offenders are the Abrahamic mono god religions in my opinion. Jews, Christians and Muslims through their history(s) have done many a bad deed in the name of their god.

What next a museum of Harry Potter? That book is as relevant and as factual and as provable as any of the Abrahamic "bibles" fairy tales.

When civilisation does fail and our cities fall in centuries to come people may pick up copies of Harry Potter and follow the teachings, lets hope they are better singers than the Jews, Christians and Islamists

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Don't forget that these people want to turn the USA into a secular state.

I'm going to suppose you meant a sectarian state, as America, and most
of the civilized world, and nearly all of the western worlds is comprised
of secular states.

As to the museum, as much as I disagree with it, he is within his rights to
build it, however if it receives even a single penny of government funding,
I'll be one of the first people screeching for the firing of the individual who
authorizes it.

I think to that he should be required to present a sign that says that the
hypothesis posited as truth in the museum are not supported by modern
science.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
There are tons of natural history museums all across the U.S. and around the world. Why the outrage at one private "museum" depicting this alternative view?

it's because it isn't depicting an alternate SCIENTIFIC view. it is showing a religious view, saying that view is both factual and scientific, and then BRAINWASHING CHILDREN.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Creationist museum is an oxymoron.

the marriage of science and faith into a single vessel.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
IF the new testament was written in 2007, I am sure "Genesis" would be called "Genetics" and there would be heavy reference to Darwin's "Origin of Species".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join