It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolfowitz says "sorry".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

WORLD Bank president Paul Wolfowitz apologised today for making a "mistake" over hefty pay rises given to his girlfriend at the development lender, but refused to say if he might quit.

“I made a mistake, for which I am sorry,” Mr Wolfowitz told a news conference as an uproar intensified over an employment package worth nearly $US200,000 ($242,000) given by the World Bank to his Libyan-born partner, Shaha Riza.

The former deputy US defence secretary, one of the architects of the war in Iraq, refused to say if he might have to resign as the World Bank's board of governors met to discuss the row today.

news.com.au

his girlfriend at the development lender

And this guy is President of the World Bank.

Makes me wonder.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
And this guy is President of the World Bank.

But he's only human. All humans have their flaws and make mistakes, even those in seats of great power and responsibility.

Though what he did was stupid, at least he said sorry.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
"I'm a good man, who has done bad things."

"Look at all the charitable things I have done, not that I need to tell you, I am also thinking of opening a summer camp to help young executives who don't get the same opportunities I give my girl- I mean staff."

Yo Paulie!!! We ain't drinkin the kool-aid!

[edit on 2007/4/12 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wolfowitz?, he get's around. Mr Pre-emptive strike theorist while serving as Deputy Def Sec under Rumsfeld.

Now Wolfowitz's gone from backseat defence politics to front seat, and driving the World Bank. Nothing NWO about that -- is there.

I must see what I can find out re his ever getting a position of that level.
But at least he remains true to form and thought.. Act First!!, then worry about the consequences !!

Dallas

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So...any chance of an apology about the bull# Iraq/Al-Qaeda links any time soon?

No, didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

join