It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look to the skies tonight. Regroup tomorrow!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Win 52 you are in the Northern Great Lakes area ? I am just a bit more north of you I believe. Have you seen any Black helicopters where you are? I have seen one 2-3 times per day for the last 3 days.Kinda wonder whats going on here. They are flying low too.

Hey, are either of you in the Northern Great Lakes region near Sault Ste. Marie (Ont or MI)? I lived there for just over a decade and some really odd things happened up there. There was one occasion though, where the "object" I was watching as it moved across the sky was actually the ISS (there is a website you can go to apparently for viewing times over your area). It was really incredible to watch because if I didn't know any better I would have assumed it was a UFO!
It moved quickly, but not fast enough to be a shooting star and in a straight arc across the sky. Very cool with the sunlight reflecting off of it.

Anyway, I recently began digging up Ojibwe mythology because I wanted to learn more about my ancestry and there are some really interesting parallels between some of those and modern sightings.

I can't tell you how many times I also felt the urge, like many of you to go outside on a whim, expecting to see something. Where I am now, there are too many damn planes to conclude anything
and the light pollution is ridiculous! The Sault however, was a different matter altogether. No pictures to share, sadly I saw plenty of things that were NOT the ISS in addition to other regional anomalies I am beginning to explore independently (i.e., geology, Native history, connections to other terrestrial civilizations (language, mythology, genetics, archaeology), etc.).

I suspect this region is an important piece in a much larger puzzle and I would not be surprised if something very odd turns up durng an excavation in the next few years. The geology in this region is very old (over 3 billion years old, in fact) and most of the region continues to be sparsely populated. Anything untouched by glacial processes probably still lies where it fell...

Everyone knows you shouldn't eat the fish from the Saint Mary's River because of high mercury levels. We assume this came from the steel plant situated at the water's edge, like a hulking beacon of hypocrisy. Did you ever wonder why the Candian government allowed such pollution to occur when they are constantly touting conservation of natural resources and environmental protection? Could Algoma Steel be participants in muddying the waters of the Great Lakes in ways that obscure the presence of something more-- submerged in the frigid lakes?

Every time this plant seems like it is about to go under, someone comes along and bails it out... Why? Retirees are not benefiting as the plant changes hands, most young adults have already abandoned the region in search of employment elsewhere and it is commonly accepted that positions at Algoma Steel are as likely to go up in smoke as the gray particles raining down over the west end from the stacks. It seems like the perfect cover and years of local gossip feeding into its image as a mafia-linked icon lead people further away from other possible reasons for its unusual resilience. With so many Italian immigrants in the area, it was a believable myth that spread like wild fire to those on the outside.

Why would UFOs be so interested in this region otherwise? Most sightings occur in more populous areas, near large military bases or nuclear power plants. Sault Ste. Marie does not have any of these traits.

I eagerly await your input. By the way, do either of you live near electrical boxes frequently visited by unmarked vans and men who look like technicians claiming to be with the PUC (or local utility company)? My building was buzzed by 3 black helicopters the day I registered on this site down here.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thunder Bay!

The meteor shower this weekend is supposed to be a good watch.

I find viewing in an open field, away from light pollution, to be best. Take a reclining beach chair, sit back, and watch as much of the sky as possible, at one time.

Observe in this manner, and you will see things that most people miss. They only last a couple of seconds. You may also see other things that you have not planned on seeing.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I will be doing a UFO skywatch in my neck of the woods (EASTLAKE, Ohio) this evening.

The area I live in is totally free of any aircraft traffic (except for occasional vapour trails that are seen waaaay off into the horizon every once in a while -- but that's it) and there's not much light pollution at night here either.

Here's a Live Streaming Webcam of the view of Lake Erie off my balcony. To access it:
--- Open Windows Media Player
-- Open File --> Open URL
-- and copy/paste this URL into the pop up box to view the webcam:
169.254.174.7:1216...
Update -- the above URL was just changed from the one I had here before... If you tried accessing it before and it did not work, it was because that line had been accidently disconnected.... the one that's here now works. thanks

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just wondering but who all will be skywatching
here this evening?

The only reason why I'm asking
is because whole chunks of the N.E.and Midwest
(USA) have clear sky's today (and tonight).
It would be great if we could get another
skywatching thing going on for tonight!!

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After my post this morning, someone started a thread about seeing UFOs over Boston. Since I was HERE at my computer all afternoon, I never saw anything!
Pics could be anything, really but MAN! What if... Zilch on the news networks but then... they could be covering it up (along with the so-called chemtrails in the pics)! Someone else who lives nearby thinks they're fake and I sure hope he's right! If he's wrong, I hope they come back...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here's a Live Streaming Webcam of the view of Lake Erie off my balcony. To access it:
--- Open Windows Media Player
-- Open File --> Open URL
-- and copy/paste this URL into the pop up box to view the webcam:
169.254.174.7:4020...
Update -- the above URL was just changed from the one I had here before... If you tried accessing it before and it did not work, it was because that line had been accidently disconnected.... the one that's here now works. thanks

What's showing now is the Moon and Venus over Lake Erie.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Palasheea]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join