It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo hunter please read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hi all ufo hunters
i wanna become a ufo hunter, and i need some help so if anybody wants to help me u2u mel:

or just reply this post and tell me what i need etc etc etc

thx

[edit on 4/11/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
LOL is this some sort of joke thread??????
This is not gonna get took seriously mate!!!!!

It's also quite a bit obvious what you need if you want to find UFOs, if you don't know what you need there isn't even a point in trying mate

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
this is not a joke and i really need help but not in the materials i need i need help from people with experience so they can give me territories to go and hunt etc i am not stupid this was only for ufo hunter so if u are not a hunter i dont know why u reply

i am not trying to insult u sorry

edit by spiderj let's play nice

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well I don’t hunt UFO’s as I don’t have a lot of faith in the fact that they exist. I spend more time watching then sky then most folks do, as I used to work around aircraft, and aviation has always been something of a hobby for me. In all the years I have been watching the sky, I have only ever seen one thing that I could not readily identify. Think about the folks who spend most of their time out there at night looking at the sky, such as astronomers, and how few sightings of unidentified stuff come from those guys. That should give you an idea of how rare an actual sighting is.

So to me your best bet is to not specifically go looking for UFO’s, but rather take up some other hobby that puts out in dark desolate locations late at night, such as astronomy. That way you have something to do with all the time you spend sitting out there at night, bored. I think that a big part of the problem with UFO research is that folks really want to see a UFO, they truly believe in them, and they lose patience with waiting to see one. So what they end up doing is seeing something else that can be identified and, in their mind, it becomes a UFO, they let their imagination, and belief, get the better of them.

As to equipment, you should probably have a good video camera, with night vision option, and a tripod. Also a good still camera with a zoom lens, and a laptop that you can use to access flight tracker or flight explorer, in the field. The biggest thing you need to have is pretty good knowledge of what different aircraft look like at night, at different angles, and distances. Not all aircraft have flashing lights on them at all times, and not all have visible red and green nav lights on them. Aircraft lights can be seen for many miles, and they turn on their landing lights whenever they go below 10K feet, thus you can see the lights a long time before you can hear any engine noise. Also an aircraft may fly straight at you with its lights on for a very long time, and appear to be hovering. You should also be familiar with blimps, balloons, signal flares, satellites, the international space station, shooting stars, and bolides. There are also folks out there who find it amusing to release fire balloons or flying lanterns, which you should also be familiar with, even though in most places this is an illegal activity.

Well I hope that is helpful…
Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
everybody read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
im a ufo hunter, which is to say I look up in the sky often.
You dont need to be a ufo hunter to look up more often.
If you happen to have a few cameras, thats great. Don't go crazy though. If it is time for the UFO to show up then you will have plenty of time to grab your camera and shoot some photos.
If it is moving to fast or is way to far away, then the chances of getting a good photo hover around 0 percent.

Look just go out more at night and stare at the stars. If you dont see a ufo, at least you got to see how amazing the night sky is. When your out in the day, be aware of the sky a bit more than normal, just not while your driving.

If you really want to go die hard, then go out during thunder storms, it is thought that this is when the UFO move around because what person in their right mind would be out in the rain looking up.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
OK guys(you know who you are) let's chill please and discuss the topic at hand.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaus
hi all ufo hunters
i wanna become a ufo hunter, and i need some help so if anybody wants to help me u2u mel:

or just reply this post and tell me what i need etc etc etc

thx

1. Learn the night sky really well.
  2. Do some satellite observing for fun and practice
  3. Practice photographing everything you see in the sky: birds, planes, stars, etc.
  4. make sure you have a good watch, a decent pair of binoculars (maybe $100) and maybe even a GPS receiver.
  5. Make sure you know how to read a map.
  6. Spend some time looking carefully at your photos. GIMP is a good package for this if you don't want to swing the bucks for Photoshop. Calibrate your camera carefully on known objects (e.g. the moon).

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
thx disownedsky and everybody who helped

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't know where you live but a good place to see UFOs and experience other high strangness is the San Luis Valley In southern Colorado.

On almost all my fishing trips up there, I have seen strange lites, objects etc. I'm not saying they were extraterrestial but they were UFOs, as I certainly couldn't identify what they were.

Good Luck on your search.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't know where you live but a good place to see UFOs and experience other high strangness is the San Luis Valley In southern Colorado.

On almost all my fishing trips up there, I have seen strange lites, objects etc. I'm not saying they were extraterrestial but they were UFOs, as I certainly couldn't identify what they were.

Good Luck on your search.

High strangeness? Care to elaborate?

I occasionally encounter low to moderate strangeness events right here near D.C., but nothing so far that I would class beyond an S3, if that.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As an immature bachelor many years ago, I made elaborate plans to move to a "UFO hotspot" and live out my life there, becoming rich and famous on the strength of my sightings and photographs. I actually did research the hell out of the subject, and did find a location that answered all of my "hotspot" criteria: Prescott, Arizona.

The place was (and I think still is) sort of a hub of UFO and UFO-minded activity in the Southwest United States. Well, keep in mind that Arizona itself is one of the strangest places on Earth, and I'm not just speaking in the metaphysical sense — Arizona is a geologic, meteorologic, meteoritic and anthropologic Twilight Zone, even before you throw into the mix the mystic tribal presence, as well as a good long treasure-hunting and black-ops history. Then, like a cherry on top, Arizona hosts some of the hottest UFOs, to boot.

Prescott is situated kind of equi-distant to everything that is cool in Arizona, plus it has drawn a mighty contingent of UFO seekers over the decades. These wouldn't be the foppish Roswellian UFO souvenir-seekers, either. I'm talking about the hardcore George Adamski-type UFO seekers. I believe several of their "groups" are still to be found in and around Prescott to this day.

Anyway, I contacted real estate professionals in Prescott, learned all I could about the area's projected growth, including the fact that it's prime retirement property, beautiful ponderosa pine country, and growing commercially by leaps and bounds. I was seriously planning to move there and start my life anew as a UFO hunter, had even made my hotel reservations for the exploratory visit...

And then the Great Wheel of Fate turned, and I found myself traveling in the opposite direction from Prescott, Arizona, finally settling upon an island off the Florida coast. I still have the feeling that other forces were at work in preventing me from moving to Prescott, AZ. But, then, I had a few really good sightings in Florida, and in Texas, and in the Carolinas, as well.

It probably isn't so much a matter of where you hunt as it is a matter of your hunting technique. I would suggest looking upwards a great deal — that has always worked for me.
No, seriously. You'd be surprised at how many people never look up into the sky.

Good luck!

— Doc Velocity

top topics

join